Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    This team is extremely lucky to be at 5-2 at this point of the season. Ponder looked good in the first few starts this year, but in the last three games he has looked pathetic. 58 total yards passing in the entire game? Are you kidding me? There were rookies who had that on their first pass of the game this year.
    How many of those 58 yards were YAC?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How many of those 58 yards were YAC?
    well. for me at least. one of the points of WR's is to run after catching.. just like RB's should run after contact.. you can say.. how many yards were AP's AIC? sure some passes won't have yac.. but plays should also be pre-setup for yac.

it's up to the qb to get the ball where it needs to be so wr's can take it in stride and get that YAC..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    W!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    In the end that's all that matters.
    Depends on what year & what game you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    The good news is he is still progressing in other aspects, like down field accuracy ....
    You based that on the 1 down field throw yesterday?

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    just a reminder.. the Cards D has shut down qb's before.

Frustrating Day Against The Vikings
    With the Cards locking up Ponder who became the second quarterback to be held to less than 10 completions in a game by Arizona
    from the cards official site.

not saying i let ponder escape the blame. but give credit as well to a solid D.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

The offense needs to take control & put the game away before the 4th quarter. Seems like every time we have a lead, we end up playing a nail-bitting, edge of your seat 4th quarter where we give our opponents opportunities to come back & win the game.

We have two of the most prolific offensive weapons in our arsenal in Harvin & AD & a supposed deep threat with Simpson, yet we have a hard time scoring TD's. Only twice did we put up more than 2 offensive TD's this year. People here are always quick to point out our losses when they are by 7 points or less, but there isn't much talk about 3 of our 5 wins coming by 7 points or more.

Either Musgrave has a lack of confidence in Ponder throwing deep, a lack of confidence in our OL to pass block a deeper passing game, a lack of confidence in Simpson's ability to get open, a combination of the 3 or he feels having a deep threat receiver in the lineup is enough to keep defenses back.

A "deep threat" receiver becomes a "deep threat" receiver only when you make good on that threat.

Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    just a reminder.. the Cards D has shut down qb's before.

Frustrating Day Against The Vikings
    from the cards official site.

not saying i let ponder escape the blame. but give credit as well to a solid D.

DiGiTaL
    Yep, that list of 1 team that was held to under 10 completions, was Bradford & the Rams, who have won 5 of their last 23 games.

Bradford had 7 completions, but they went for 141 YD's, 2 TD's & the Rams won that game as well.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-22-2012 at 06:15 AM.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    You based that on the 1 down field throw yesterday?
    lol, what, that isn't enough?

He has thrown it deep four or five times in the past three game, and the ball has been on spot all but one time that I can remember. Given that this was a concern for him I was glad to see it. But you are correct, we really need more deep throws to be able to say that with confidence.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Either Musgrave has a lack of confidence in Ponder throwing deep, a lack of confidence in our OL to pass block a deeper passing game, a lack of confidence in Simpson's ability to get open, a combination of the 3 or he feels having a deep threat receiver in the lineup is enough to keep defenses back.
    It is hard to say what Musgrave's confidence level is, but regarding the other issues...

Pass Blocking has been good most games, but it was horrible yesterday. That being said, Ponder definitely was holding on to the ball longer than usual, so some of those were coverage sacks (although some were just blatant misses by the OL).

I tried to watch Simpson as much as I could - hard to do since I wasn't at the game and had to rely on TV. But from what I saw of him he wasn't really creating separation. Even on the go route that he drew the PI call on, he was well covered - given his speed, how close the CB was against the line, and how fast that ball came out, he should have had a step on the defender.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast