Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LIVike is offline Starter
    They scored tds instead of fgs in the redzone. That was nice. Smith's pick six, ap being his usual self and the dl were about all of the good in this game. Otherwise as others stated, an ugly win but I'll take it.
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Can anyone help with this, when was our last defensive touchdown before Smiths today?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    That would be Jared Allen in week 17 in 2011 at Detroit. We lost 20-13.

EDIT: sorry I mean 2010.
    And the last DB pick 6 was at Giants in '07. Oddly enough we had 3 pick 6's (Sharper, Smith, Greenway) in that game vs Eli and won 41-17. We own Eli for whatever reason.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Ponder needs to dump his new girl! He has been absolutely pathetic the last couple weeks and is only getting worse. I've always liked the kid, but if he keeps playing like this we will need to draft a QB next year >< Props to the Defense(except tackling the little RB of theirs)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    This looked like an early '08 game where TJ played pathetic but the defense held, scored for us and we won in spite of him.

Ponder looked tolerable at the start of the season but looked marginal at best for the last 3 games and he is going backwards if anything.
    i am also not impressed with the OL. Some of the pressure was from Ponder being hesitant but he also had too many plays that got blew up before he could do anything.

We need to have Ponder be able to recognize this pressure before the snap and to be able to adjust the play and take advantage of it. For a minute I was having a flashback to a Childress led team. Maybe that is actually not on the coaches but imprinted into the DNA of the organization.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    The Vikings are 5-2!!!!!!!! So what it was ugly as a homemade bar of soap. What was the record after 7 games last season???? I say dont look a gift horse in the mouth. Nobody really expected this out of the Vikings as a whole. I was hoping they would do this well, but was not going to be surprised if they didnt. There were too many questions, some of them yet to be answered. So, I am impressed at the team finding ways to win in different ways and different players stepping up and carrying the team if need be. SKOL!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I'm taking partial credit for the pick 6 since I was wearing my new Eraser jersey! All credit goes to the D and obviously Adrian. A+ for both. I've never seen a defense improve and develop so much in one year. Is Alan Williams THAT good, or was Pagac THAT bad?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

THE OFFICIAL PPO Vikes vs. Cardinals Postgame Thread

Considering I thought the Vikes would go 6-10 or 7-9...obviously, happy with the win. Tim Ryan called it, we all know it...Ponder simply needs to progress. THAT, Mr Ponder, was UGLY.

AD - Beast

Harrison - Player

Percy - you ARE the man!

Ponder - ok, wake up and take charge.

Defense - nice to see you again.

OL - hmmmm, great run blocking, shitty pass blocking.

DL - nice game...I like Griffen at DT next to JA in the pass rush package.

LBs - the boys had some problems with hyphen...

DB - I'm gonna assume these boys executed the gameplan.

WR - yes, it is obvious we need help...a lot.

Coaches - conservative, defensive game. I get it...a Thursday night game. Good job, you won.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I'm taking partial credit for the pick 6 since I was wearing my new Eraser jersey! All credit goes to the D and obviously Adrian. A+ for both. I've never seen a defense improve and develop so much in one year. Is Alan Williams THAT good, or was Pagac THAT bad?
    We are not going to be able to keep it up (good D) if we don't keep sustained drives going. We sat on a lead again today and the D seemed to be out there quite a long time in the second half. 35:05 to 24:55 for the game. 4 consecutive 3 and outs did help our cause. We need the O to play a little more consistently against Tampa.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Time for Antoine to give the boys a kick in the pants again. Whatever he said after the Indy game is starting to wear off.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    There was one play that stuck out today that sort of defines how I feel about the coaching.

3rd and 4 from inside our own 20 yard line.

Singleback formation, two TE, twin WR Left, one RB.

That RB was Gerhart. The WR's? Simpson and Burton.

Simpson, ok, fine I get that, he's athletic, potential for big play. Burton? Ok, I get it, a little different than Percy, CAN cause some matchup mixups. But not both at the same time. On 3rd and medium, our two best playmakers on the team were sitting on the bench.

Needless to say, we punted.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast