Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    keystonevike is offline Starter
    Great game for the defense today. AP is a beast.
    Nice bounceback this week. Live in the moment. Put the losses behind you and come back out and go to work.
    Offense has got to start scoring some points going forward.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    The ugliest win I've seen in a long time, just glad it wasn't the ugliest loss.
    I remember uglier wins only a few years ago... so I am happy.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Can anyone help with this, when was our last defensive touchdown before Smiths today?..
    That would be Jared Allen in week 17 in 2011 at Detroit. We lost 20-13.

EDIT: sorry I mean 2010.
    Last edited by Reignman; 10-21-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I remember uglier wins only a few years ago... so I am happy.
    Don't lie, this was the ugliest win EVER! And I'm happy too, just worried about Ponder and our O line. I hope they can get clicking before our final 6 games because if they play like this vs those teams, we're going 0-6.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Don't lie, this was the ugliest win EVER! And I'm happy too, just worried about Ponder and our O line. I hope they can get clicking before our final 6 games because if they play like this vs those teams, we're going 0-6.
    Win over the Giants in 08 was uglier

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    This team is extremely lucky to be at 5-2 at this point of the season. Ponder looked good in the first few starts this year, but in the last three games he has looked pathetic. 58 total yards passing in the entire game? Are you kidding me? There were rookies who had that on their first pass of the game this year.

I thought he was smart? I thought he adapted quickly? I thought he corrected mistakes? He has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on. Good thing for AD and the defense today, otherwise the Vikings lose easily.

What is this team going to do, get to 7-8 wins then fold so they lose positioning in the draft? I can easily see that happening with this team. Hate to say it, but the Vikings will be looking for a new QB in a year or two. Ponder just isn't the answer for what the Vikings need.

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'll take the win, but wow...throw the ball away or take the sack, just don't turn it over!

Way to go AP! Skol Vikes
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Win over the Giants in 08 was uglier
    '08? That was like 20 years ago. And that was one of Tjokes best games yardage wise at 236. Ponder had 58 for the game and was only 1 of 7 for 4 yards in the entire 2nd half. 4 YARDS!! 5 times we went 3 and out. You really can't do much worse and still win.

Ok I'll concede that it was the ugliest 2nd half of football I've ever seen in a win. The 1st half was ok, well except those 2 ugly ass floater interceptions. We lose in OT if it weren't for Smiths pick 6.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    '08? That was like 20 years ago. And that was one of Tjokes best games yardage wise at 236. Ponder had 58 for the game and was only 1 of 7 for 4 yards in the entire 2nd half. 4 YARDS!! 5 times we went 3 and out. You really can't do much worse and still win.

Ok I'll concede that it was the ugliest 2nd half of football I've ever seen in a win. The 1st half was ok, well except those 2 ugly ass floater interceptions. We lose in OT if it weren't for Smiths pick 6.
    Giants had a hotdog vendor playing QB in the 4th quarter and highschool kids in ther secondary after halftime....

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Giants had a hotdog vendor playing QB in the 4th quarter and highschool kids in ther secondary after halftime....
    Lol true, but we had TJ so it was a push. Giants fans were thinking, how could we lose to a guy who throws jump passes.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast