Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

THE OFFICIAL PPO Vikes vs. Cardinals Postgame Thread

[*] Our pass protection was HORRIBLE in the second half
    [*] Ponder needs to learn to thrown the f-ing ball away. I LOL'd when he threw it away twice in the third quarter, and the crowd cheered.
    [*] Ponder had a pretty bad game IMHO. He needs to step it up.
    [*] Where were the bubble screens? They were dialing up pressure all game, and we never did anything to counter it.
    [*] One deep pass? Seriously, just one deep pass? There were a couple of coverage sacks, but I couldnt tell if they were called deep or not. We neeed to stretch the field, it is getting rediculous.
    [*] Defense was very good. They gave up a lot of yards to a no-name back, but most of it was in the second half when the Vikings were up. I think they were selling out against the pass every time, and it helped with the MANY sacks!
    [*] Robison had a GREAT game
    [*] Smith's pick 6 was a LOT of fun to watch
    [*] I love Winfield, but he has absolutely lost a step. He is a great tackler, but really bad in coverage. I wonder if he has given any thought to moving to safety.
    [*] Our LB corps was only OK today. I saw good and bad out of them in coverage and tackling.
    [*] Commentators hit the nail on the head when they said "Both of these defenses are for real, but each of these teams will only go as far as their offenses will get them.
    [*] I wish they would have let Walsh hit kick that FG at the end. He could have done it.
    [*] 5-2 baby. Holy Shit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Rambro987 is offline Training Camp
    Not too impressive with the offense, what happend to Simpson after his PI call? But then again the Cardinals defense is really stout. I loved seeing Peterson as a wideout taking the bubble screen. Hopefully Harvin will take more carries out of the backfield to make that package very threatening.
    My concerns about Ponder is that I don't seem to notice him progressing through the course of the season. He made the EXACT same mistake last week with the errant interception under pressure, overthrown and I believe in the same area of the field, VERY ugly throw.
    Hopefully our defense working their butts of this week doesn't come back to bite us this Thursday night.
    None

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambro987 View Post
    My concerns about Ponder is that I don't seem to notice him progressing through the course of the season. He made the EXACT same mistake last week with the errant interception under pressure, overthrown and I believe in the same area of the field, VERY ugly throw..
    This is true.

I do see him progressing in other areas, such as accuracy deep and looking off defenders. But this is one area that he certainly needs to work on.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vandor is offline Waterboy
    Kind of an ugly win, I'll take it. Ponder seems to be getting worse. Those picks were a mirror image and horrible.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    Kind of an ugly win, I'll take it. Ponder seems to be getting worse. Those picks were a mirror image and horrible.
    WHY IS IT ON A DESIGNED ROLL OUT, HIS ACCURACY IS GOOD, YET WHEN HE IS FLUSHED OUT OF THE POCKET, MAKING THE SAME THROWS, HE IS HIGH AND BEHIND THE RECEIVER CONSISTENTLY?

didn't see caps locked
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    WHY IS IT ON A DESIGNED ROLL OUT, HIS ACCURACY IS GOOD, YET WHEN HE IS FLUSHED OUT OF THE POCKET, MAKING THE SAME THROWS, HE IS HIGH AND BEHIND THE RECEIVER CONSISTENTLY?

didn't see caps locked
    lol.

And the answer is pressure. He is reacting to the pressure and making stupid mistakes. And he needs to fix it NOW.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Game ball to the home field fans if this game had been in Arizona I don't think our ends would have had the sacks they got, Peterson wouldn't be getting feed the ball to get the yards he had and Ponder would be flinging the ball more with an even worse day and it may have looked like the skins II game. Ponder had no rythme and just got worse as the game continued.

Also the defense sloppy tackling extended drives and as the time was winding down I was getting worried about a short kick and the Cards getting a chance to chase overtime.....due to the sloppy passing game and lack of zero points scored by the offense in the second half at home. (what are they planning on doing on the road)

Its a win but I'm not overly impressed even with the Cards being a 4-2 team as well Vikings should be crisper at home.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post

didn't see caps locked
    I think he is throwing a cross his body with bad footwork and trying to place the ball and it floats and is late

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I know we played a great defense, but when your QB goes 1 of 7 for 4yds in the 2nd half, there should be concern. To top it off we only had 1 first down and went 3 and out 5 times in the 2nd half. All those numbers are pathetic and I still can't believe we won this game. It's called adjustments, how come we don't make any? I think Jenkins was targeted more than PH, Rudolph, and Simpson combined. AP was gashing the Cards all day and we still took him out on 3rd downs? I don't get it.

Hats off to the defense though, they along with AP won this game for us. They must have been gassed and yet they still held the Cards in check. Except for Stephens-Howling, someone tackle that little bastard already! Wow that guy must have broken about 87 tackles today.

The ugliest win I've seen in a long time, just glad it wasn't the ugliest loss.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Questions to be asked of Ponder and the offense but the defensive stepped up big time and had a great day.. #TeamGame 5-2

Can anyone help with this, when was our last defensive touchdown before Smiths today?..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast