Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: *** OFFICIAL PPO Lions Tailgate Thread (11/15/09) ***

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Help me spin this:
    I'm stuck going to my wife's classmate's wedding in Duluth on Saturday.
    We have to drive back Sunday through Minneapolis anyways... it's only fitting that we stop for a game...

What are tix going for (cheapest = most likely for her to cave)?
    Your best bet, what I would do is,
    don't even mention going to the game.
    Just say lunch is on me and take her to the tailgate party... Eat some ribs and brats and have a few drinks, then pop the idea, " HEY, we can pick up some scalp tickets for dirt cheap honey, lets go in and watch the game.
    Wammmmmmmmooooooooooo,
    how could she say no then?.....LOL
    Yes, I'm good at handling such situations....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Help me spin this:
    We have to drive back Sunday through Minneapolis anyways... it's only fitting that we stop for a game...

Just say lunch is on me and take her to the tailgate party... Eat some ribs and brats and have a few drinks, then pop the idea, " HEY, we can pick up some scalp tickets for dirt cheap honey, lets go in and watch the game.
    Wammmmmmmmooooooooooo,

Well, it's not a terrible idea... she's way WAY too smart for me to pretend it wasn't planned, but that still is an option...
    It's the lions, tix should be cheap!!!!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Help me spin this:

Wammmmmmmmooooooooooo,

or get someone to buy the tickets for you ( and of course re-imburse them when the wife isn't looking ) and then have them say " hey look our friends have had to drop out for the game - here's two free tickets for you to use ". You'll get the see the game and she'll just think what a great bunch PPOers are for giving you free tickets ( mind we know that about PPO members any way
    ;D )
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Cheap tickets should be easy to get.
    The Detroit game is one of the games that a lot of ticket holders sell off to offset season ticket price.

A quick check of ebay turned up 6 pairs of tickets, all decent seats, for less that $50 for the pair on the front page alone.

Otherwise, hit up singer to see what he can secure.

As for the wife, I vote just tell her the truth.
    I find my wife is too damn smart for me to trick her into anything, and she is usually rather amicable if I simply tell her what I really want to do instead of beating around the bush.
    Something like "Hey, I can get decent tickets for less than $50, and since we are driving back through Minny anyway, this might be a great chance to catch a home game during one of the best Vikings seasons ever!
    Plus we can tailgate with the PP.O crowd for free!"
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    The Detroit game is one of the games that a lot of ticket holders sell off to offset season ticket price.

A quick check of ebay turned up 6 pairs of tickets, all decent seats, for less that $50 for the pair on the front page alone.

I find my wife is too damn smart for me to trick her into anything, and she is usually rather amicable if I simply tell her what I really want to do instead of beating around the bush.
    Something like "Hey, I can get decent tickets for less than $50, and since we are driving back through Minny anyway, this might be a great chance to catch a home game during one of the best Vikings seasons ever!
    Yup, that's how I have to make it work with her...

If we can drop money on a hotel for her friend's wedding, she will probably be okay with tickets for a game... just gotta see what the weekend looks like to time it right.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

If we can drop money on a hotel for her friend's wedding, she will probably be okay with tickets for a game... just gotta see what the weekend looks like to time it right.
    How are you going to keep her from falling asleep during the game?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Help me spin this:

Wammmmmmmmooooooooooo,

or get someone to buy the tickets for you ( and of course re-imburse them when the wife isn't looking ) and then have them say " hey look our friends have had to drop out for the game - here's two free tickets for you to use ". You'll get the see the game and she'll just think what a great bunch PPOers are for giving you free tickets ( mind we know that about PPO members any way
    ;D )

Great, Let me jot all this down, New ways to convince wife to do stuff I wanna do, I knew there was a higher purpose that drew me here
    :-X

Good luck,

God forbid, I don't want to read any Irreconcilable Differences in the paper in 6 months
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

"molineviking" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Help me spin this:

Wammmmmmmmooooooooooo,

;D )

Great, Let me jot all this down, New ways to convince wife to do stuff I wanna do, I knew there was a higher purpose that drew me here

Good luck,

God forbid, I don't want to read any Irreconcilable Differences in the paper in 6 months
    I will be safe; we put up with a lot of crap from eachother - thats how we make it work!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

How are you going to keep her from falling asleep during the game?

=Z=
    Do you realize how priceless a picture of her sleeping at the Metrodome will be???? Facebook will explode!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"molineviking" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

Good luck,

I will be safe; we put up with a lot of crap from eachother - thats how we make it work!

Glad to hear it, My wife and I are the most sarcastic, Giving each other crap, Insulting each other (In fun) couple I know, Couldn't imagine it any other way, When one of our kids says something ridiculous-It's a race to get the first smart a$$ comment out
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast