Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Official Post Game Thread!!!

Congrats to Artose Pinner. Minus the fumble, he had a great performance. 29 carries for 125 yards.

Congrats to Cedric Griffin. Another above average performance by the rookie. Keep it up.

Congrats to Troy Williamson for catching all three balls thrown his way (one being a nice one-handed catch).

Congrats to Brad Johnson. Nice to see him bounce back from the worst performance of his career last week and play with confidence. While it was obvious that our gameplan was to run the ball vs. Detroit, minus BJ's one errant pass that led to the INT, I have no qualms over his performance today (though I know many others still will).

Even babies know the difference.

darkflood is offline Starter

I was glad to see TWill get some catches. Maybe he'll get his mojo back. Does anyone think Chester could have had more yards than Artose, or not? Another sub-par game from B Johnson. With SIX combined turnovers we should have won the game by another 21 points, instead of it being actually closer than the final score indicated. So I guess Brad Johnson get's another shot..... :'(
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

We won. Yay!

The offense still needs major work but drives 1 & 2 were
    very nice. ;D

The DBs need to shut up about the offense. Shut up and just show up.

I loathe zone defense.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I think Childress absolutly made the right decision to start BJ. One bad pass that went for an INT, no doubt about it. The stats don't show it, but kudos to Brad today.

Brad's the starter for the rest of the season unless we get knocked out of the playoffs.

And this is coming from one fan who really wanted Tarvaris to start this weekend.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"baumy300" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    We won!

The Lions are pathetic and it should have not even been as close as it was.

Pinner was a fricken stud!
    I am glad he got the call.
    He had a Chester Taylor style of running game.

Griffin and D. Smith were great too.
    I am glad Griffin is getting the playing time.
    That hit Smith laid was spectacular!

Brad had a good game as well.
    Haters will need to take a week off.

The run D was awesome, the Pass D not-so-awesome.

And Troy...he caught 3 passes!

Skol!
    Dude...He played the Lions.

And still did sub-par.

Wait until we play a team that actually belongs in the NFL.
    Based on how Pinner played against Lions I would like to see Bollinger
    get a crack at the Jets but I'm not sure if he is heathy enough for that game.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

OK, my two cents worth...
    We won -- That's great!
    We looked great in the first half but were we really that good or was the quality of the opponent?
    Our pass defense was better while our run defense is awesome.
    Brad -- I didn't see much to excite me. Childress' game plan was still very vanilla.
    Frankly, I'm not that excited over the win. We played just well enough to be a team with only two wins this season.
    Didn't show me a whole lot! But I usually figure the glass is half empty.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK, my two cents worth...
    We won -- That's great!
    We looked great in the first half but were we really that good or was the quality of the opponent?
    Our pass defense was better while our run defense is awesome.
    Brad -- I didn't see much to excite me. Childress' game plan was still very vanilla.
    Frankly, I'm not that excited over the win. We played just well enough to be a team with only two wins this season.
    Didn't show me a whole lot! But I usually figure the glass is half empty.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

davike is offline Team Alumni

a much better effort by the offense today. we stuck to our run game, i was actually not suprised childress let pinner have the start today as we were in detroit and last time we played detroit, childress let him have some carries. not saying that that was the only reason, but im sure it had something to do with it. i liked the fact that we actually turned their turnovers into points. and we scored more touchdowns then we did fieldgoals today, that is something i could get used to. we only had 2 turnovers today, but that i what got them back into it. they scored ten points off those to turnovers, and that pulled them within ten points thanks to the sloppy extra point on that 3rd TD. i don't think that BJ was flashy enough to earn him the start next week, though the fact that they won deffinetly gave him a better chance. our WR didn't drop ball this time either, i was very happy when williamson pulled in that nice catch on third down even if it didn't give us a first down. penalties still haunted us, but we still did better then last week.
    our defense was amazing against the run as usuall and held their pass well until the 3rd quarter, till they started their almost urgent pass game which always seems to make our defense look silly.

i think that a few things and players gave us the win today:

1 we won the turnover battle, and we turned them into points

2 pinner, he was out to prove the lions made a mistake by releasing him and i would say he did a great job of it. just the fact that pinner did so well showed me how good of depth we have at RB, all of our RB that get touches are capable of making big plays. with fason, pinner and moore backing up taylor we probably have one of the deepest RB spots in the league.

3 our amazing defense that always keeps games within our reach no matter who we are playing. if we didn't have this good of defense we would probably be last in the NFC north.

4 our offense put up more then our 16 avg

5 i really like griffin as well, he is a very aggressive, youg player that should have a long productive career as a viking. hopefully he will turn into one of the better corners in the league. nice day for him

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

#1. Our defense is on pace to allow 865 (NFL record by 105 yards, 2000 Ravens had 970) rushing yards, on 317 attempts which is a 2.72 ypc avg,, and 6 tds.

#2. We could have a serious 1-2 RB punch. With Pinner and Chester, even throw Moore in there, make it 1-2-3.

#3. Brad Johnson had 124 yards passing at half time, and finished the game with 159. Throwing for 35 yards in a half against anyone is terrible, so against the lions is really bad.

#4. I actually didn't see the game this week, my friend who has Direct TV's entire family is violently ill with a stomach virus, so there is no chance I was going there, but from looking at the stats and watching the play by play on ESPN.com, the offensive line was pretty gol 'darnit good.

#5. Judging by Kitna's accuracy, and the fact that 2 of our 3 sacks came from non defensive linemen, meaning that we were blitzing to get the sacks again, the defensive line didn't get too much pressure on the QB.

#6. It seemed like EJ Henderson was really stopping the run. I know Jones only had 9 attempts, but EJ had 9 tackles, 4 assists. Thats a pretty beastly game.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"baumy300" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    We won!

The Lions are pathetic and it should have not even been as close as it was.

Pinner was a fricken stud!
    I am glad he got the call.
    He had a Chester Taylor style of running game.

Griffin and D. Smith were great too.
    I am glad Griffin is getting the playing time.
    That hit Smith laid was spectacular!

Brad had a good game as well.
    Haters will need to take a week off.

The run D was awesome, the Pass D not-so-awesome.

And Troy...he caught 3 passes!

Skol!
    Dude...He played the Lions.

And still did sub-par.

Wait until we play a team that actually belongs in the NFL.
    i agree 100% childress changed the gameplan after the int, they ran it lik 28 times and passed 8 times after the pick, not a good gamein my mind, yes he ran for a td, but i still think brad needs to step down...

Thanks josdin00

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast