Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official Post Game Thread!!!

"Gift" wrote:
    Pretty good defensive game til the end & a great running performance.
    Looks like our line is a little better than we give them credit for.
    I'm not sure how you say BJ had a good game there ultra, he gave another turnover for a TD & hardly threw after that.
    T-will made a tough catch, I was very impressed.
    I love our run defense!
    Yes, I was thinking about that O-line remark and Pinner.
    Pinner wasn't that great with the L:ions, better with us!
    So we can say that our line is better than the line Det had when Pinner was with them.
    Have to edit here and add this comment..... Our line is doing well.
    I am happy with there performance. CT or Pinner will do well becasue of the line. The last few games, they ahve been gel'n like a fel'n.

Yes, Brad can manage the game with the line that can help put up a RUNNING game like that.
    Playing with a lead sure helps too.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Definitely glad to get the win.

That may have been the most frustrating to watch 10 point win in team history, though.
    It really should have been 35-0 and over at the half.
    We had several chances to ice the game, and we just couldn't seem to put it away.
    Luckily, though, we had built a big enough lead and were able to keep them from overcoming it.

We're beating the teams we're supposed to beat, but we still need to win out, and may even still need help from other teams.
    Aside from the Pack knocking the 49ers down a notch, we didn't get much help this week with Philly, NYG, and Atlanta all improving to 7-6.

We've got a tough one against the Jets coming up, essentially a must win for both teams, but we're at home, and if we continue to run the ball and play solid D, we should keep it alive.
    Also next week, let's hope the Cowboys knock off the Falcons, the Steelers beat the Panthers, and the Eagles and Giants play, so at least one team will get to 8-6, but on the bright side one will be knocked down to 7-7.
    Hopefully the Eagles win, because they follow that up with a road game at Dallas, a likely loss in my eyes.

Maybe I'm getting too much into overall scenarios right now, because if we don't beat the Jets, it won't matter much anyway.

542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Brad had a good game as well.
    Haters will need to take a week off.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we won, but
    14/22 159 0td 1int
    Not exactly a good game, decent at best
    Did he throw a ton of picks?
    Fumble?
    No, he played a "Brad" game.

This was good compared to last week, right?

What about the TD he ran for?
    Do not sell him short.
    Brad has a competitors mentaliy, always has and always will.

Let's not over-sell him either.

The guy has a shelf life, and I think he might have past it, like 2 yeaers ago.

This is my analogy.

It is morning and you want that bowl of cereal really bad, you go to the fridge and see that the milk is 3 days past it's date.
    You are hungry and say screw the date, I am going to have my bowl of cereal.

Sometimes the rest of the team can hide the flavor of Brad (milk), just like that cereal can mask the flavor of the milk.
    Sometimes the milk will just have a sour taste and sometimes it will actually make you sick.
    None of the sickness is going to make you violently ill, but will sometimes leave you feeling SOUR.

BTW, I didn't have cereal this morning.

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I'm very happen we won, that's the point of this game.
    I just wouldn't read into this win too much.
    Yea it's actually a very weird feeling.
    I was happy, but definitley not jumping up and down happy.
    We needed to win this game and we did and I'm glad, but against the Lions doesn't really say much about this team.
    Yes, it is bland!

For me, I see the games from week to week instead of as a season.
    What I mean is, I don't even have the post season in the back of my mind.
    Sad to admit it, but it is not part of my equation.
    Therefore, a win is just a win without the further meaing.

I think I am with cojomay on this one, it is part of that glass half empty thing.

At this point, a playoff birth would literally be a xmas present that I didn't expect.
    But it will be like that present you receive and it is shiney and beautiful and cool, but you play with it for an hour and it breaks.
    Bye bye toy.

now really, HOW can you get excited about that toy?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    We needed to win this game and we did and I'm glad, but against the Lions doesn't really say much about this team.
    Yes, it is bland!

I think I am with cojomay on this one, it is part of that glass half empty thing.

At this point, a playoff birth would literally be a xmas present that I didn't expect.
    But it will be like that present you receive and it is shiney and beautiful and cool, but you play with it for an hour and it breaks.
    Bye bye toy.

SIA, you are the king of analogies this morning.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Acumen" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Yes, it is bland!

Bye bye toy.

SIA, you are the king of analogies this morning.
    That is what happens when I get a lot of sleep!

Del Rio Guest

All Brad Johnson or any QB has to do for us is not lose the game. End of story. 145 yards passing.......250 yards passing...........300 yards passing........ just control the ball.

He did a better job of that yesterday, he needs to improve even more next week.

Come on Brad give us one last run. 3 more games and then some.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i agree with del, at this point all we need is a qb that won't lose the game.

our rushing O is pretty consistant and solid, and it just keeps getting better. our D is getting better and better. 2x we've held teams to - yrds rushing!!! the closest team is over 300 yrds total allowed.. and closest avg is almost 30 yds per game!!

when was the last time we not only held teams, but punished them for even trying to run?

i just hope that this year that D just gels a little more. the Vets get the youth prepared, the youth push the vets to rise even more. It seems to have worked today, C.g did great, and I even saw Smoot breaking up passing plays alone in coverage, and AW was.. AW!!

the williams & co did their job. they were always int he fight, and the trenches were their stomping grounds.
    we had 3 sacks, more times then not we were in the backfield, even Leber/Harris were stickin it in there. lots of credit to the secondary, sharper/smith kept an NFL qb to 280 yrds on 41 throws.

i know haters will always say that it was the lions, but look at their games, not all are them being so dominated. and I saw some things in this game that tells me that we are getting that much closer to being a really good team. to be honest i won't be upset if we don't make the playoffs this year, i will be thrilled though to beat the cheeseheads..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats to the Vikes for the win, and it keeps us in the playoff hunt!
    I guess that is all that matters!

I think the O-line had it's best game of the year and actually did a little better on pass blocking this week and controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the game.

Hats off to Pinner for sticking it to the Lions and making his old team look stupid for releasing him, but I hope Chester can go next week.

The offense looked great for 1 quarter and then reverted to it's old self in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and tried to give the game to the Lions.

The Vike's go up by 20 when the offense has it's usual great opening drive and scores 7 points, then does what an offense should and takes advantage of turnovers their defense gives them and puts 2 scores up from turnover's.

The game is 20 - 0 the Vikes are driving they are 1st and 10 on the 16 yard line of Detroit!
    Another score and the game is all but over, and what does Brad do?
    He does the worst thing that he could possible do in that situation, he throws an 88 yard INt for a TD and gives Detroit and their fans hope!

We go up by 27 - 0 or 23 - 0 and the game is over!
    It would have been a 4 score lead and this is a coast game, but Brad gives the Lions a spark of life and then we have to battle the rest of the game to keep them at bay.

The D won us a game, again!
    They held the Lions in check when the offense resorted to it's old ways after the 1st quarter and let the Lion's back in the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Brad throws the 88 yard INT for a TD.

Vikes next offense series fumble (Pinner) and that lead to a Detroit field goal 20 -10 half time score.

3rd quarter

Vikes D sacks Kitna and he fumbles!
    We recover on Detroit's 18 yard line!

3 offensive plays and we kick a field goal!
    We have a chance to go up by 3 scores again and we settle for a field goal and keep Detroit's hopes alive.
    23 - 10

Next series Detroit drives for a field goal and it's 23 - 13.

How does the Vikes offense respond?
    3 and out!

And gives them great field position on the 50 yard line.

Vike's D causes another fumble on Minnesota's 38 yard line.

How does the offense respond this time?
    1 1st down, and then we punt!

Still keeping the Lion's hope for a comeback alive.

The Vike's D come through again!
    Griffin intercepts on Detroit's 26 yard line!

Offense starts their drive and the 3rd quarter ends, and then offense finally score a TD and puts the game out of reach. 30 to 13!

I am sorry but we won this game in spite of the offense and them trying to give another game away!

If the Defense doesn't come up with so many turnovers and holds Detroit's offense in check, we lose this game!

Everybody was giving Brad props for being OK yesterday when I think he was mediocre and almost cost us the game with that INT and him giving the Lion's some hope!

Can't wait tell he is an ex-Viking!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Right now the Vikings are #1 in the league in the TOP category.
    I don't recall that happening before.
    Ever.
    That is a damn impressive stat.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast