Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We used to have a team full of criminals and apathetic ownership. Now we have owners who are criminals and the team is apathetic.

Losses like this used to eat me up inside when they happened. now I pretty much expect they will happen and at this point when they do I find myself not caring one way or the other. When the Browns were driving at the end of the game I knew we would lose the game and to be honest it didn't bother me any more.
    After all these years as a Vikings fan I'm pretty apathetic myself. I'm not all that surprised by this teams tailspin, just disappointed the season is effectively over after only 2 or 3 games.
    Pitiful.

acman1 is offline Rookie
    Is Everson Griffin getting any playing time? I think he's good.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

The official post game thread

I never, ever, thought I would say this...but, 0-16 is not inconceivable.

Defense, awful. OLine, bad. QB, not good. Coaching, questionable.

A third string QB lit our defense up...marginal pressure, terrible DB play - seriously, has AJ Jefferson ever achieved a Pass Defensed? It's Monday night, and I still cannot come to grips that the Vikings LOST TO THE TEAM THAT STARTED A 3rd string QB, and was roughly 96 hours from trading the 2012 #3 pick. WTF has happened to our Team?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    When everyone gonna realize, this team was only succesfull when we had a real Qb,aka Favre?

Get a fucking Qb for christ sake ,is this so hard to understand?

PS:Note to the GM.Gus Frerotte,Kelly Holcomb,Sage Rosenfels,Jon David Booty,Matt Cassel,Tarvaris Jackson or Ponder are not real Qb.
    El underdog.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vikingo View Post
    When everyone gonna realize, this team was only succesfull when we had a real Qb,aka Favre?

Get a fucking Qb for christ sake ,is this so hard to understand?

PS:Note to the GM.Gus Frerotte,Kelly Holcomb,Sage Rosenfels,Jon David Booty,Matt Cassel,Tarvaris Jackson or Ponder are not real Qb.
    That is only going to work if you get a veteran QB who is good at calling his own plays as well. That won't happen so we need a good young QB who can work/be guided by a good OC. Our OC is Musgrave so I'll let you work out how that will play out.
    I wish it was only as simple as getting a QB
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Ponder has shown NOTHING, even simple out-routes are nearly impossible for him to complete. He is actually regressing as a QB.
    So with that said, what exotic plays do you want Musgrave to call that Ponder can execute? The answer is he is more handcuffed by Ponder, than Ponder is by him.

I'm not a huge Musgrave fan & I've seen him call some stupid plays. I've also seen some very vanilla plays being called in hopes Ponder can execute them.

We scored enough offensive points last Sunday to win the game. For that to happen Musgrave isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Ponder is the one chosing which one of his options he's going to throw to & most times it's the shortest pass that he chooses. That's not on Musgrave, Neither is throwing bad passes, interceptions & hanging onto the ball to long. Even with the play calling as it is, if Ponder could execute the play correctly, we score more points.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So with that said, what exotic plays do you want Musgrave to call that Ponder can execute? The answer is he is more handcuffed by Ponder, than Ponder is by him.

I'm not a huge Musgrave fan & I've seen him call some stupid plays. I've also seen some very vanilla plays being called in hopes Ponder can execute them.

We scored enough offensive points last Sunday to win the game. For that to happen Musgrave isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Ponder is the one chosing which one of his options he's going to throw to & most times it's the shortest pass that he chooses. That's not on Musgrave, Neither is throwing bad passes, interceptions & hanging onto the ball to long. Even with the play calling as it is, if Ponder could execute the play correctly, we score more points.
    Personally I wouldn't call it exotic but once we get to the 35 yard line or so I would like to see BM take some shots at the end zone for a change. I can't remember the last time this team has done that more than once a game since he has been here and I don't recall them doing it once this year. Although I have to admit watched them put me to sleep a few times this year and it is possible I missed one.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Ray Lewis was also "old", but his leadership skills took the Ravens to the Super Bowl. You cannot tell me 2 of the playoff games the Ravens won last year was not directly due to the games being the last of Lewis's career if they lost, and he inspired the whole team. I'm not saying Allen is a Lewis, but he CAN be a leader, and does ANYONE here think we are fine without one?

"So my daughter is laying here under me and just out the blue she says...I can't believe you lost to the Browns Daddy! Smh" Tweeted by AD Peterson last night. 'Nuff said...
    what does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China????

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    So I'm trying to analyze this game the morning after with an open mind, and I am struggling to pin point any one problem...in fact, it seems the whole team has problems and its such a mess that fixing it looks impossible at this point.

The OL may be the worst of it. WTF!??? How the hell did they regress so much in one off season? This was a strength last year and they've already allowed 10 sacks (tied for 6th worst) not to mention pressure on almost every single passing play. Ponder is far from perfect, but he could sure use a lot less pressure in his face consistently. As if that wasn't bad enough, even Peterson is struggling to find an open lane as evidenced by his lowest averages both rushing and receiving in his entire career. On top of that, he has already matched last year's lost fumble total.

Back to pondering the Ponder, his QB rating is worse than all but the Jets, Bucs and Jags...thanks to yesterday, even the Browns have a better team QB rating through 3 games. He can throw a beautiful, accurate pass from time to time but is super inconsistent and way off more than not. Tho he is still completing about 60% of his throws (thanks to incredible catches of off target throws by our WRs), and has improved his average yards/pass play to the middle of the NFL, it is clearly not enough.

Three games in a row, the defense has gotten us turnovers and given us the lead late in the game only to suffer 3 and outs and redzone stops on offense, putting our Defense back on the field with their backs against the wall, over and over and over. On a side note, Marcus Sherels actually played a hell of a game, doing his best Winfield impression a few times on big stops. But a 5'10" DB won't be able to stop a 6'4" TE every down.

In short, it looks like this team wants to do just enough to keep it close, but isn't willing to put it all on field and make a 'W' happen, and that points to the coaches not doing enough to rally the troops. Maybe we would be better off with a more in your face guy like Singletary, but I feel more of the problem is offensive where the play calling is too boring, too predictable, and really, too old school to succeed in today's NFL. Mostly, I think we need some new ideas on offense and it sure don't look like its going to come from Musgrave.
    Ponder has proven he can't handle pressure.. His QB rating was .4 last year against the blitz... so naturally teams are blitzing the hell out of us and he's not adjusting... the OL is not playing well either but teams are making Ponder beat us and he can't for the life of him do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We used to have a team full of criminals and apathetic ownership. Now we have owners who are criminals and the team is apathetic.
    LOL... So true!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast