Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    At one point I saw Jennings calling the offense together for a talk to gee them up..
    When I saw that I was like WTF? Why is a guy who has been with the Vikings for only his 3rd regular season game the one to try & motivate the team instead of the team leader [Ponder]?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    When I saw that I was like WTF? Why is a guy who has been with the Vikings for only his 3rd regular season game the one to try & motivate the team instead of the team leader [Ponder]?
    Because Ponder clearly isn't the team leader, no matter how much they want to say he is. I will say I was surprised to see him jawing and about to get into it with a couple of Browns during the game and thought maybe his fire was about to get lit so to speak. So much for that, he just isn't "the guy".

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The other gem I missed was , on 3rd down, when the Browns took a TO, then we took a TO before the snap. We we did then run the play the ball sailed out of bounds with no chance of being caught. So Musgrave and Ponder had plenty of thinking time and still couldn't get a suitable play sorted :-(
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Coaching was terrible last night, so was tackling(again) and the offensive line.

With that said, Clevelands defence is actually pretty good, they are underrated, but there is no reason we had to give up 31 points on defence, especially not at home.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Yesterday was probably one of the lowest points of being a Vikings fan for me.

Incredible.

The only thing that brings me happiness is knowing Frazier, Musgrave and Ponder will be gone soon. Only problem, we have an owner that is more of a fan than a football mind and he will make another stupid hiring choice.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    A few things nobody really mentioned, but you can notice at the game.

Sherels was playing the RCB slot a LOT. Anytime Sherels is playing significant time, and leading the team in tackles, there's trouble. Andrew Sendejo was the other Safety across from Smith. Josh Robinson was playing LCB most of the time. I don't know that Cook played at all. Anytime our secondary looks liek that, we're in alot of trouble.

Otherwise this was such a facepalm game I don't know what to say. I was willing to give Ponder some time to show me something, but I'm done. Bring on Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post

Sherels was playing the RCB slot a LOT. Anytime Sherels is playing significant time, and leading the team in tackles, there's trouble. Andrew Sendejo was the other Safety across from Smith. Josh Robinson was playing LCB most of the time. I don't know that Cook played at all. Anytime our secondary looks liek that, we're in alot of trouble.

Otherwise this was such a facepalm game I don't know what to say. I was willing to give Ponder some time to show me something, but I'm done. Bring on Cassel.
    Cook was injured in the first quarter, I think...

Ponder has shown NOTHING, even simple out-routes are nearly impossible for him to complete. He is actually regressing as a QB.

Not saying we should start Cassel, he's equally as bad. What I'm more pissed about is the fact that we went with Ponder in the first place. Why was he drafted in the first round? What did our scouting department see in him? He was obviously not that great in college, why did we think he'd be a great NFL QB? He's awful and many analysis, and myself, knew this before he even played a down in the NFL... what the hell did our scouts see?

Our scouting department needs to be fired, from top to bottom. They haven't been able to find a viable QB in over a decade... obviously Brett Favre doesn't count.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post

Cook had a groin injury and never played. They started Jefferson in his place. He got toasted twice (once on a missed tackle on 3rd down and the other on a TD over his head where he bit on the stutter), they benched him for Sherels. Sherels actually played outside corner when we were in nickel. Robinson played the nickel spot as much as I watched. Sherels actually played a pretty decent game. He was one of the few db's that was actually able to tackle in open space even though being outsized greatly.

The team failed on most all aspects once again as has been pointed out plenty.

We come into a game facing one of the worst offenses and we succeed and making them look like a contender.

We are a team with arguably more talent than last year, yet we are digressing. This usually points to poor coaching and all eyes should be on them first.

Replacing Ponder with Cassell is a logical next step, especially from a coaching staff that is running out of excuses.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Frazier, Musgrave and Ponder will be gone soon.
    At least they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Only problem, we have an owner that is more of a fan than a football mind and he will make another stupid hiring choice.
    This is my bigger concern.

Anyone notice how Frazier is constantly looking at the ground? He always has a defeatest mentality. Instead of getting in players faces and making adjustments, he's just sitting there looking at the ground... his QB's aren't reviewing anything on the sidelines, they're just sitting on the bench...

Seems like Frazier honestly doesn't know how to be a head coach. Sorta feel bad for the guy, his ineptness is being exposed every day.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast