Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Scratch that....

After the Steelers wax our ass in London, maybe we could send a trade request for Big Ben.
    The clock or the QB?

PS................our o-line is horrible. It's not all on Ponder

PSS..........our defense looks good until when it really counts
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    I think we expect too much from an organization whose team has never won a Super Bowl in over 40 years.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    We also agree that a more serious concern may be developing on the team. We are starting to really question the hunger of some of the players out there. in my opinion, there is NO excuse for the defense giving up 30+ points in 3 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!! Our offense is not built to score points like that.
    This. I agree 100%. It seems like there is a distinct lack of fire in this team. They appear to be just going through the motions to collect a paycheck and nothing more. I blame this on the coaching staff. Frazier's own lack of enthusiasm is completely uninspiring. This is shaping up to be a very VERY long season for us.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    It is time for both Frazier and Musgrave to go, they are just plain awful. No fire, no enthusiasm, no heart beat, no motivation. Toilet bowl next week in London.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Kaepernick 13-27 for 150 yards and a interception...for those who keep talking him up.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    I don't think the O-line will play for Ponder. Anyways heads need to roll from Spielman on down. Without Peterson braking long gains, we have no shot at all. Johnny Football or Teddy Ballgame come on down!!!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    I don't think the O-line will play for Ponder. Anyways heads need to roll from Spielman on down. Without Peterson braking long gains, we have no shot at all. Johnny Football or Teddy Ballgame come on down!!!
    The draft is a crap shoot. If the Vikings draft another QB, will he be ready with a healthy Adrian Peterson?

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    The Jags and Giants look worse than the Vikings. The Vikings and Giants will likely win some games, but the Jags look as bad as last season.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    We Just LOST to the Cleveland browns..I I I cant believe what I am typing. Atleast Carolina although a bad team, they have a respectable QB and a few offensive weapons.. WE GOT CARVED UP BY BRIAN F'ING HOYER!! FIRE EVERYBODY!!! My HC is a pussy, he wont stand up or say anytrhing or take control of the team.. my OC is the most non creative predictable OC ever... MY QB is the most indecisive QB in history. my DC has a good D, but the Cover 2/3/0 we run all freaking game can be beat by an HS QB.. Its time for a change... a BIG change! Poor Peterson and Greg Jennings are wasting their prime on this bullshit.. Its time to Suck for Hundley/Foles/Boyd because I know the Jags are already negotiating with Bridgewater. Sad things about the vikings is we are YOUNG and Talented team... its just our scheme and horrible management is ruining it. Spielman has done an excellent job drafting besides ponder. Its time to find a young innovative coaching staff.. give them a franchise QB, and get some LBs in Free Agency and start over

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    ok, for what its worth here's my two pennyworth on what I saw yesterday - between alternating bouts of giggling and swearing.

OL - bloody awful in both pass protection and run blocking. We'd do better with wet paper bags lining up and trying to block. Not sure how much is down to the players or the blocking scheme but one is clearly not suited to the other, question is which?

QB - yes I know that Ponder wasn't always getting time but he sucks at the passing game. A lot of his passes, when he makes them, have a wobble as opposed to a tight spiral. Incidentally he needs to throw the ball to the player and not 2 feet above them, otherwise we're going to have start looking in the NBA draft for receivers.

RB - not one of AP's better games. The blocking doesn't help at times and neither does the playcalling ( see later ). The fumble was due to a good hit by the LB but I do feel that Peterson is trying to take everthing on his shoulders as he knows the rest of the offense is up to the task. I'm just sorry to see a player like him pissing away the best years of his career with no help or support from the organisation ala Barry Sanders.

WR/TE - made some good catches despite the wayward passed heading their way. If passes had been better then the YAC would have been considerably better. I do believe that having Jennings has helped but, of course, short passes, limit the scope for big plays. WRs were getting open but either weren't seen or just plain ignored - just like last week.

Defence - nowhere near enough pressure on a 3rd string QB srating on the road. DL didn't get enough push in the first half though did improve in the second. Our LBs were getting blown away far too easily and letting RBs and WRs get to the second level and yardage gain. DBs didn't look up to the job at all and put all of these together and you give the opposition confidence that they can move the ball at will.
    There were improvements in the second half, so at least the DC can make adjustments unlike his OC colleague. However gains made with turnovers were then pissed away by the offense.

ST's - two fake plays that you were gashed for? against the Browns? Hang your heads in shame both coaches and players. No excuse for that standard of play at all and made yourselves look like a complete bunch of arses.

Coaching and playcalling - piss fucking poor. Musgrave has no idea whatsoever how to scheme or call plays during a game. He can't adjust on the fly and even with a half time break he comes out in the second half with the same crap. I can't believe that there aren't better high school coaches who can devise better plans than him - complete waste of space. If Zygi has any sense then he'll be changing Musgrave's ticket to London from a return to one way only. We do have some available space in the Tower of London for him where he won't be missed at all. Defensively we need to improve and teach our players how to tackle and not tippy toe around. Least you improved in the second half and have a right to feel miffed when getting turnovers and seeing them go to waste.
    HC - or head cock as he should be better known. A team takes on a coaches personality which is why ours currently has all the motivation of a corpse. You stand there with the same emotionless face all game whatever is occurring. At one point I saw Jennings calling the offense together for a talk to gee them up. I know as a vet he is expected to lead but christ why don't you kick your OC up the arse and get him to do that? Probably because that would entail showing some fire which is never going to happen.

All in all a performance worthy of entry to the all time awful games in Vikings history. Unfortunately we will be stuck with the coaching staff to season end as its too early to fire the HC, as the OC would probably be promoted. As fans we're going to have to suffer the pain for the season and wait for Zygi to clear house at the end of the season. That will give him two years to get a new HC and system in which hopefully will be in full production in time for the new stadium.
    What an inglorious last season to be having in the Dome.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast