Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72
  1. #21
    antoniopierce58 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    28

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    I never want to hear about our receivers looking bad.
    Brad is the one that makes him look terrible.
    He is the most pathetic qb in the league right now and couldnt be a backup on 20 of the 32 teams in the league right now.
    Our receivers get open and have deep speed, but brad noodle arm lofts it up so the defenders can get a hand on it.
    He gets so many excuses for his abseloutely crappy play and I cant beleive people are so blind to see that this is a pathetic football player who should rather be pushing carts at walmart than playing qb in the nfl.

    Brad Childress Is A very bad head coach.
    No wonder this joke never called plays in philadelphia, he is an idiot.
    Mike Tice was alot better at calling plays on offense and getting the team pumped up to play.
    I knew he was thickheaded when he traded baskett for mcmullen and just let koren robinson go.
    He is also a tool for not getting an athletic tight end that can stretch the field, probably the most important aspect of the wco as you see lj smith in philly always doing that. Wtf is with the pass plays on 3rd and 1?


    Our defensive coordinator is truly proving his youth.
    many times letting whittaker in control of donald driver and playing a very soft zone shows that he needs time to grow as a defensive coordinator.
    We are best when we send blitzes and we press the receivers so they dont get a head start going down the field.
    There was no pass rush today,
    so our d line is underachieveing in that aspect.


    Overall, i see this team going 7-9 and with the way brad jonhson is playing, i can see our defenders basically quitting at the end of the game knowing that whatever they do, it wont matter.
    Thats why most of them were smiling and laughing at the end of the game.
    They are getting their paycheck and dont really care about winnign because charlie checkdown won't be able to get them anywhere.

  2. #22
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    This season is over. We are going backwards. I dread thinking what Childress has in store for us next year (maybe Ziggy will get rid of him somehow).

    Our Oline and Pinner (great pickup Childress) lost this game for us. The highest paid oline in the history of the NFL and they all suck. McK and Hutch both get burned so often. Cant blame this game on Twill.

    Our D line cant pass protect. Who gives a
    pooh if they can stop the run if the front 4 cant pressure.

    Our best receivers right now are rejects from other teams.

    Farve showed that our D isnt that good.
    Picked us apart. In our home, and slams our Dome.

    Put in Brooks. Could care less if hes worse then BJ, at least he can get sacked and hold onto the ball. And give Bevell the playbook PLEASE
    Can't say I don't disagree.
    But I have to say, just because I want to be an ass, I told people so!!
    Tice wasn't so bad!
    At least he let us laugh!

  3. #23
    HornedHat's Avatar
    HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    I thought we fired Tice? Here we go on our annual mid-season losing streak, and Tice isn't on the sidelines! Maybe its the ball boys fault. Put Brooks in..right away. If he loses, so be it. Brad ain't gettin it done.

  4. #24
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    "Webby" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    This season is over. We are going backwards. I dread thinking what Childress has in store for us next year (maybe Ziggy will get rid of him somehow).

    Our Oline and Pinner (great pickup Childress) lost this game for us. The highest paid oline in the history of the NFL and they all suck. McK and Hutch both get burned so often. Cant blame this game on Twill.

    Our D line cant pass protect. Who gives a
    pooh if they can stop the run if the front 4 cant pressure.

    Our best receivers right now are rejects from other teams.

    Farve showed that our D isnt that good.
    Picked us apart. In our home, and slams our Dome.

    Put in Brooks. Could care less if hes worse then BJ, at least he can get sacked and hold onto the ball. And give Bevell the playbook PLEASE
    Can't say I don't disagree.
    But I have to say, just because I want to be an jiggly butt, I told people so!!
    Tice wasn't so bad!
    At least he let us laugh!
    Tice was not as bad as everyone said he was, but nonetheless, he was still bad, and the fact that Childress is sucking it up too does not change anything... unfortunately

  5. #25
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    "HornedHat" wrote:
    I thought we fired Tice? Here we go on our annual mid-season losing streak, and Tice isn't on the sidelines! Maybe its the ball boys fault. Put Brooks in..right away. If he loses, so be it. Brad ain't gettin it done.
    heck, now that is a good point I hadn't thought of.
    Don't we seem to always go in the tank midseason for a bit?

    I think the change of seasons scares the Dome boys.
    Time to get football outdoors again!!

  6. #26
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    Isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding year? new coaches? new schemes? Weren't the more intelligent members saying this year would be rough and it's take time to learn the system that the new coaches want? Just b/c we have success against teams early in the year who got off to slow starts themselves, doesn't make us good, just fortunate. We aren't making the playoffs this year, so just accept that. As our coaches are delving deeper into the playbook, we're doing plays the players aren't as familiar with and therefore things break down. Overall, the coaches are trying to get the team used to every part of the play calling and we just need a new qb. plain and simple. But TJ will come around in a year or so and then we should be better equipped to make a run. So, nothing to do now but to cheer for accomplishments and note improvements and keep our heads from floating in the clouds of fantasy.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  7. #27
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    holy crap, this has to be everything BUT childress' fault yall! He called a great game, but we just dont have the personel to back it up!

    WHY WE LOST:

    turnovers- the turnovers killed us, not so much the penalties IMO. the momentum didnt seem to be with us and it shows in the score.

    lack of depth - on defense its whitayker (or however the crap you spell his name) and on offense its our WRs. on defense weaknesses can be easily exposed, and ours were exposed and exploited today. not enough talent = losses. to prove it, bethel johnson who has just arrived and who has just started learning the system becomes your leading receiver, somethings wrong with the talent level on your squad.

    to the childress bashers:
    turnovers were abundant that our HC brad childress had no control over. end of story. childress calls the plays true, but brad johnson's fumble can be credited to the line play which ISNT HIS FAULT. realize that now. jam it into you head and hope it doesnt fall out the other end. brad childress isnt at fault (which he will state WAS his fault because he has class AND character) for the turnovers that killed us. offense had 2 TD drives for a change, but those dang costly player mistakes ruined it for us. i hope we stick with childress for a LONG LONG TIME, and hope he has many a sucessful seasons with my minnesota vikings.

    amen braddock!

  8. #28
    BigMoInAZ's Avatar
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    446

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observation

    Another great post game question posed on KFAN.
    Where was Wiggins?
    Why has this version of the WCO totally ignored it's TE?
    Makes no sense especially for a noodle arm QB who isn't getting enough time to set up and throw.
    If that's going to continue than Brad needs to stay in shot gun just to get a second or two increase.
    At least on passing plays it would increase the odds of actually completing a pass to one of your own receivers!

    Chili saw no reason to improve the position in the off season, so why has he ignored this teams leading receiver over the previous two seasons?
    ODD wouldn't you say?

    Lastly, when the other team constantly blitzes, why would you not run short routes, slants, quick outs, etc...?
    Maybe because Chili knows that Johnson has no arm and would rather run, run, run, then pass when you need a first down and hold your QB accountable to getting passes completed beyond the first down marker, not in front of it! :

    Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

  9. #29
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    "Braddock" wrote:
    Isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding year? new coaches? new schemes? Weren't the more intelligent members saying this year would be rough and it's take time to learn the system that the new coaches want? Just b/c we have success against teams early in the year who got off to slow starts themselves, doesn't make us good, just fortunate. We aren't making the playoffs this year, so just accept that. As our coaches are delving deeper into the playbook, we're doing plays the players aren't as familiar with and therefore things break down. Overall, the coaches are trying to get the team used to every part of the play calling and we just need a new qb. plain and simple. But TJ will come around in a year or so and then we should be better equipped to make a run. So, nothing to do now but to cheer for accomplishments and note improvements and keep our heads from floating in the clouds of fantasy.
    oh sweet relief!

    I understand the frustration and being pissed.
    We look junky right now.
    But perspective is wonderful.


    There are good players on this team doing great things all game.
    Its natural to be mad first, think things over second.
    If Tjacko can run the board, I want him to when the coaches know he is ready.

    But I think Braddock hits the nail on the head here.

  10. #30
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

    wiggins got the majority of the passes last year because culpepper couldnt throw worth a darn, and his check down was wiggins. oh sure culpepper didnt have johnsons noodle arm, but his talent has gotten him REAL FAR in miami hasnt it BigMo? Wiggins can make some great catches and it "catches" (pun might be intended) peoples eyes. when he isnt involved as heavily as he was before it might be considered a step up from last year, only if our receivers might actually STEP UP!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Week 12 Official Post Game Thoughts, Rants & Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
  2. Official Post Game Thoughts nad Observationa
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 04:34 PM
  3. Official Post Game Rants, Thoughts, and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 10:43 AM
  4. Official Post Game Thoughts, Observations, and Rants
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 08:07 AM
  5. Official Post Game Thoughts and Rants
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 07:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •