Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa

Wow... I just woke up thinking the game was at 3:15 because it said that on the homepage all last week... I am so pissed right now, cause I missed the game and we lost
    :'(

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I thought the playcalling was OK. I know a lot of people are complaining about it, but the playcalling has had us in almost every single game. The players just haven't made the plays.

Brad was under a whole helluva lot of pressure a lot of the day, but the INT he threw was definately on him, and the fumble at the beginning of the game probably shouldn't have happened, no matter how much pressure there was. The o-line needs to get their shit together.

The defense didn't play particularly great. They had a good day against the run again, but giving up 350 yards to old man Favre with no pressure is definately NOT what the doctor ordered. Cedric Griffen played a good game, IMO he's turning into a little Winfield. The guy can tackle.

McMullen and Johnson played well today, which was good to see.

We got hosed on a few calls, but that happens every week so I can't complain too much. Calling back the kickoff was awful, the illegal pick offensive pass interference call on Williamson was a horrible on because he was being jammed into the path of the other receiver and the unneccessary roughness call at the end of the lateral play was also costly.

At this point, I have no idea what to think. That's 3 straight losses, and another 2 turnover game for the offense. I've said all along that we should keep Brad in, but at this point I really think we need to put someone else in there. I doubt Tarvaris is ready, and I have my doubts about Bollinger, but man oh man....this team needs something for a spark. To continue down this road with no change is depressing and awful.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

I cannot believe that we cannot score more than 17 pts. vs. Green Bay. I didnt get to see the game but listened to it and Joe Senser time and time again was complaining about the protection. McKinnie got burned time after time on critical plays and so did Marcus Johnson. WTF?
    Agree with WEbby. Pinner killed us also.
    > > >

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observation

Brad Childress is a JOKE!
    Say whatever you want about the team and it's poor performance, but this so called Offensive Guru has proved to be more incompetent then former Viking coach Mike Tice!
    NOW WHO HERE EVER THOUGHT THAT COULD BE POSSIBLE?

If Jackson is injured and not able to play then so be it, but Brad Johnson SUCKS and needs to be CUT tomorrow!
    Play Bollinger, bring in some hack off the streets to fill Johnson's spot and press on from there!
    It sure as heck couldn't be any worse than what we saw today and over the last 12 quarters of football!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

At this point all I can say is that the Vikings season is over.. Maybe before training camp next season, Childress will learn how to call a game, or pass it on to someone that does.. Passing the ball on 3rd and 1 with C. Taylor behind you is just downright pathetic..

Childress is looking more and more like a rookie HC instead of the "Offensive Mastermind" that people labeled him when he first came here.. Add that with a QB that is looking more and more like the QB that every other team that he has been on passed him by, and we got the Vikings season..

We will not get any better until we get a stronger WR group, better play calling abilities, and a more rounded QB.. On this team, we need a QB more like McNabb, McNair, or any other QB that knows how to run with the ball.. If not, we need a QB with a strong arm like Palmer, Brees, or even Grossman.. This is another season down the drains..

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Ok ..

1. Defensive Line.. - I dont know if it is setting too high standards, but they got dominated all game, and in all second half the Packers had 3 rookies on that line, and we didnt hit Favre once..!!! -> No pressure, no turnovers..

Dont understand why the keep sending the front 4, and dropping the back the linebackers.. Bringing the Linebackers has worked especially in the Panthers game..

2. Offensive Line.. Only Birk and Hutchinson can get credit here.. The rest are useless.. McKinney too.. Getting beat in passprotection all the time..

3. Brad Johnson.. Getting sold on the fumble, and on the interception Bethel Johnson stopped??!, I dont know about the playcall who it was on.. But for the looks of it, it looked to be on Bethel Johnson.. But anyways.. He threw it so it would be a jump ball and Bethel is like 3 feet tall..

4. Playcalling.. we need to take more chances.. but i guess we dont have the tools for it..

5. This season died today.. we are under .500 .. I dont see us winning against Miami, Arizona, Chicago, Jets, GB, or St. Louis.. With this display.. That gives us one victory against Detroit 5-11.. This season has been the weirdest of all.. Fromt 12-4 to 5-11 now.. amazing..

6. Realllly mad at everything right now.. grrrrr I dont know what he can do..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

THIS IS GETTING OLD, yeah stick a great big fork in them,wait screw that. they could still finish 8-8 with this kinda play calling, the penalties and lack of all round offensive execution it wasnt there. all I can say hope for an 8-8 season and more money to spend for next year and revamp the offense. all I can say this team has lost its focus and now its sreaming just that ..............
    MMLV

absolutely horrendous
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

This season is over. We are going backwards. I dread thinking what Childress has in store for us next year (maybe Ziggy will get rid of him somehow).

Our Oline and Pinner (great pickup Childress) lost this game for us. The highest paid oline in the history of the NFL and they all suck. McK and Hutch both get burned so often. Cant blame this game on Twill.

Our D line cant pass protect. Who gives a
    shit if they can stop the run if the front 4 cant pressure.

Our best receivers right now are rejects from other teams.

Farve showed that our D isnt that good.
    Picked us apart. In our home, and slams our Dome.

Put in Brooks. Could care less if hes worse then BJ, at least he can get sacked and hold onto the ball. And give Bevell the playbook PLEASE

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

wE ARE SIMPLY A BAD TEAM THIS SEASON WHO TAKES NO REALRISKS. wE are way to predictable. Sure our defensive line is solid at stopping the run, but our secondary is horrible. I am not jumping off the train or anything but I am saying this team needs to make some important shuffling on offense.

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

eh wake me up next september

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast