Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 261 to 268 of 268
  1. #261
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856052#msg856052 date=1224610916]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856050#msg856050 date=1224610814]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856048#msg856048 date=1224610655]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856045#msg856045 date=1224610545]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856042#msg856042 date=1224610292]
    Maybe we watched a different game but from the get go we could not crash the pocket

    If you give Allen 5 seconds you are bound to get sacked

    By the way one of his sacks was when he swung his arm in there and barley got a piece of the ball causing a fumble

    But yes Allen did get 2..
    But that was the most pressure we could get.. And it was pathetic.. It took 4-5 seconds to get there
    I hear ya.
    I wasn't disagreeing my good friend.
    Just making a joke.
    You are correct.
    One of the sacks was credited because he slapped the ball away.

    Gotcha!

    I liked how Brad coached minus not adding in more crazy blitzes to fluster the young Orton

    But I don't know much about football, but what we were doing was not working
    We were letting Chicago's line control ours is what it boiled down to.
    Their line has done a great job lately of keeping opponents off of Orten.
    In turn, Orten is becoming more confident as a QB and it is showing.
    I have to give props where it is due.
    Last year if we would have let Orten do that I would have been pissed.
    But seeing what he's been doing as late it
    made sense watching the game.
    Not that I am happy about it.


    Agreed

    But if we deal out that much money to our players they ought to be able to get in there

    Allen did his part.. And K-will did okay.. Pat stopped the run great.. And Ray Edwards sucked
    You are right.
    I'm not sure what has gotten into Ray Edwards of late.
    He's been pretty bad from what I have seen.
    He also seems to be getting hurt a lot.
    Maybe he is out of shape or playing hurt but I haven't been too impressed this year for the most part.
    [/quote]
    Maybe some yutz was right when he was trying to convince all of us that a
    RDE can't add a few pounds and play LDE effectively in this league.

    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    [/quote]

    So far he is only 23 sacks short of his goal of 23 sacks for the year but there is still time.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    Maybe they will start giving Robison more reps.
    I do know the coaching staff has got on Edwards at least once during a game this season.

    [/quote]
    Problem with that is you are still trying to plug a RDE in at LDE.
    Even though that will work in obvious passing situations he would really compound a problem when it comes to stopping the run.

    My guess is that Ray is workings so damn hard in that area because of his size he isn't as effective against the pass.
    A solution is to rotate the two of them more but because Leslie is a D Coord Guru and doesn't do it I am probably wrong as I am the only one who has a beef with his coaching prowess it seems.

    [/quote]

    To be perfectly honest I am not too keen on Frazier right now either. I
    was happy when he was brought in but we still have some of the same issues we had.
    I will relate this to other coaching threads going on so I will hold judgement until actions are made.

  2. #262
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,952

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856052#msg856052 date=1224610916]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856050#msg856050 date=1224610814]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856048#msg856048 date=1224610655]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856045#msg856045 date=1224610545]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856042#msg856042 date=1224610292]
    Maybe we watched a different game but from the get go we could not crash the pocket

    If you give Allen 5 seconds you are bound to get sacked

    By the way one of his sacks was when he swung his arm in there and barley got a piece of the ball causing a fumble

    But yes Allen did get 2..
    But that was the most pressure we could get.. And it was pathetic.. It took 4-5 seconds to get there
    I hear ya.
    I wasn't disagreeing my good friend.
    Just making a joke.
    You are correct.
    One of the sacks was credited because he slapped the ball away.

    Gotcha!

    I liked how Brad coached minus not adding in more crazy blitzes to fluster the young Orton

    But I don't know much about football, but what we were doing was not working
    We were letting Chicago's line control ours is what it boiled down to.
    Their line has done a great job lately of keeping opponents off of Orten.
    In turn, Orten is becoming more confident as a QB and it is showing.
    I have to give props where it is due.
    Last year if we would have let Orten do that I would have been pissed.
    But seeing what he's been doing as late it
    made sense watching the game.
    Not that I am happy about it.


    Agreed

    But if we deal out that much money to our players they ought to be able to get in there

    Allen did his part.. And K-will did okay.. Pat stopped the run great.. And Ray Edwards sucked
    You are right.
    I'm not sure what has gotten into Ray Edwards of late.
    He's been pretty bad from what I have seen.
    He also seems to be getting hurt a lot.
    Maybe he is out of shape or playing hurt but I haven't been too impressed this year for the most part.
    [/quote]
    Maybe some yutz was right when he was trying to convince all of us that a
    RDE can't add a few pounds and play LDE effectively in this league.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    [/quote]

    So far he is only 23 sacks short of his goal of 23 sacks for the year but there is still time.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    Maybe they will start giving Robison more reps.
    I do know the coaching staff has got on Edwards at least once during a game this season.

    [/quote]
    Problem with that is you are still trying to plug a RDE in at LDE.
    Even though that will work in obvious passing situations he would really compound a problem when it comes to stopping the run.

    My guess is that Ray is workings so gol 'darnit hard in that area because of his size he isn't as effective against the pass.
    A solution is to rotate the two of them more but because Leslie is a D Coord Guru and doesn't do it I am probably wrong as I am the only one who has a beef with his coaching prowess it seems.

    [/quote]

    nice try buddy but you've already conceded this point and it's been discussed in detail!!... there's no way you can possibly sit there and tell me Ray doesn't have sacks bc he's too small and is so focussed on stopping the run that he can't get a sack!!...

    Did you listen to that?... it doesn't even make sense... we're stopping the run just fine... plus, arguably the left tackle would be a harder blocker to go up against versus a right tackle...

    I think one of the reasons he's not getting there is 1. he may not be that good, 2. he's getting pressure but they either get rid of the ball or allen or williams gets there first.. and 3. With our lines, QB and teams are going more 3 step drops against us, therefore are getting rid of the ball quicker so Allen and Co. don't get there as fast! 4. still not enough blitzing!

  3. #263
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856057#msg856057 date=1224611094]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856052#msg856052 date=1224610916]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856050#msg856050 date=1224610814]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856048#msg856048 date=1224610655]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856045#msg856045 date=1224610545]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856042#msg856042 date=1224610292]
    Maybe we watched a different game but from the get go we could not crash the pocket

    If you give Allen 5 seconds you are bound to get sacked

    By the way one of his sacks was when he swung his arm in there and barley got a piece of the ball causing a fumble

    But yes Allen did get 2..
    But that was the most pressure we could get.. And it was pathetic.. It took 4-5 seconds to get there
    I hear ya.
    I wasn't disagreeing my good friend.
    Just making a joke.
    You are correct.
    One of the sacks was credited because he slapped the ball away.

    Gotcha!

    I liked how Brad coached minus not adding in more crazy blitzes to fluster the young Orton

    But I don't know much about football, but what we were doing was not working
    We were letting Chicago's line control ours is what it boiled down to.
    Their line has done a great job lately of keeping opponents off of Orten.
    In turn, Orten is becoming more confident as a QB and it is showing.
    I have to give props where it is due.
    Last year if we would have let Orten do that I would have been pissed.
    But seeing what he's been doing as late it
    made sense watching the game.
    Not that I am happy about it.


    Agreed

    But if we deal out that much money to our players they ought to be able to get in there

    Allen did his part.. And K-will did okay.. Pat stopped the run great.. And Ray Edwards sucked
    You are right.
    I'm not sure what has gotten into Ray Edwards of late.
    He's been pretty bad from what I have seen.
    He also seems to be getting hurt a lot.
    Maybe he is out of shape or playing hurt but I haven't been too impressed this year for the most part.
    [/quote]
    Maybe some yutz was right when he was trying to convince all of us that a
    RDE can't add a few pounds and play LDE effectively in this league.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    [/quote]

    So far he is only 23 sacks short of his goal of 23 sacks for the year but there is still time.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    Maybe they will start giving Robison more reps.
    I do know the coaching staff has got on Edwards at least once during a game this season.

    [/quote]
    Problem with that is you are still trying to plug a RDE in at LDE.
    Even though that will work in obvious passing situations he would really compound a problem when it comes to stopping the run.

    My guess is that Ray is workings so gol 'darnit hard in that area because of his size he isn't as effective against the pass.
    A solution is to rotate the two of them more but because Leslie is a D Coord Guru and doesn't do it I am probably wrong as I am the only one who has a beef with his coaching prowess it seems.

    [/quote]

    nice try buddy but you've already conceded this point and it's been discussed in detail!!... there's no way you can possibly sit there and tell me Ray doesn't have sacks bc he's too small and is so focussed on stopping the run that he can't get a sack!!...

    Did you listen to that?... it doesn't even make sense... we're stopping the run just fine... plus, arguably the left tackle would be a harder blocker to go up against versus a right tackle...

    I think one of the reasons he's not getting there is 1. he may not be that good, 2. he's getting pressure but they either get rid of the ball or allen or williams gets there first.. and 3. With our lines, QB and teams are going more 3 step drops against us, therefore are getting rid of the ball quicker so Allen and Co. don't get there as fast! 4. still not enough blitzing!
    [/quote]
    What? I conceded nothing.
    I might have agreed to quite trying to convince you but I never conceded anything.
    ;D

    As to stopping the run just fine.
    I never said we weren't stopping the run I said he might be working a bit harder in that area which would negate his legs a bit.

    Quick question to chew on.....Did he get sacks last year?

    Follow on question........What has changed?

    If one were to think about it one would assume that with all the attention being paid to K-will and JA the right side would get some production in the sack area.
    Again my point is centered around that area.

    Mr. Frazier is either not rotating him enough to keep him fresh so he can beat his man out (he has done it from that side earlier this year) or he sucks.
    I tend to think that the later is off the mark.

    Just another reason why I want Frazier gone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #264
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,952

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48640.msg856059#msg856059 date=1224611353]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856057#msg856057 date=1224611094]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856052#msg856052 date=1224610916]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856050#msg856050 date=1224610814]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856048#msg856048 date=1224610655]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856045#msg856045 date=1224610545]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856042#msg856042 date=1224610292]
    Maybe we watched a different game but from the get go we could not crash the pocket

    If you give Allen 5 seconds you are bound to get sacked

    By the way one of his sacks was when he swung his arm in there and barley got a piece of the ball causing a fumble

    But yes Allen did get 2..
    But that was the most pressure we could get.. And it was pathetic.. It took 4-5 seconds to get there
    I hear ya.
    I wasn't disagreeing my good friend.
    Just making a joke.
    You are correct.
    One of the sacks was credited because he slapped the ball away.

    Gotcha!

    I liked how Brad coached minus not adding in more crazy blitzes to fluster the young Orton

    But I don't know much about football, but what we were doing was not working
    We were letting Chicago's line control ours is what it boiled down to.
    Their line has done a great job lately of keeping opponents off of Orten.
    In turn, Orten is becoming more confident as a QB and it is showing.
    I have to give props where it is due.
    Last year if we would have let Orten do that I would have been pissed.
    But seeing what he's been doing as late it
    made sense watching the game.
    Not that I am happy about it.


    Agreed

    But if we deal out that much money to our players they ought to be able to get in there

    Allen did his part.. And K-will did okay.. Pat stopped the run great.. And Ray Edwards sucked
    You are right.
    I'm not sure what has gotten into Ray Edwards of late.
    He's been pretty bad from what I have seen.
    He also seems to be getting hurt a lot.
    Maybe he is out of shape or playing hurt but I haven't been too impressed this year for the most part.
    [/quote]
    Maybe some yutz was right when he was trying to convince all of us that a
    RDE can't add a few pounds and play LDE effectively in this league.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    [/quote]

    So far he is only 23 sacks short of his goal of 23 sacks for the year but there is still time.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    Maybe they will start giving Robison more reps.
    I do know the coaching staff has got on Edwards at least once during a game this season.

    [/quote]
    Problem with that is you are still trying to plug a RDE in at LDE.
    Even though that will work in obvious passing situations he would really compound a problem when it comes to stopping the run.

    My guess is that Ray is workings so gol 'darnit hard in that area because of his size he isn't as effective against the pass.
    A solution is to rotate the two of them more but because Leslie is a D Coord Guru and doesn't do it I am probably wrong as I am the only one who has a beef with his coaching prowess it seems.

    [/quote]

    nice try buddy but you've already conceded this point and it's been discussed in detail!!... there's no way you can possibly sit there and tell me Ray doesn't have sacks bc he's too small and is so focussed on stopping the run that he can't get a sack!!...

    Did you listen to that?... it doesn't even make sense... we're stopping the run just fine... plus, arguably the left tackle would be a harder blocker to go up against versus a right tackle...

    I think one of the reasons he's not getting there is 1. he may not be that good, 2. he's getting pressure but they either get rid of the ball or allen or williams gets there first.. and 3. With our lines, QB and teams are going more 3 step drops against us, therefore are getting rid of the ball quicker so Allen and Co. don't get there as fast! 4. still not enough blitzing!
    [/quote]
    What? I conceded nothing.
    I might have agreed to quite trying to convince you but I never conceded anything.
    ;D

    As to stopping the run just fine.
    I never said we weren't stopping the run I said he might be working a bit harder in that area which would negate his legs a bit.

    Quick question to chew on.....Did he get sacks last year?

    Follow on question........What has changed?

    If one were to think about it one would assume that with all the attention being paid to K-will and JA the right side would get some production in the sack area.
    Again my point is centered around that area.

    Mr. Frazier is either not rotating him enough to keep him fresh so he can beat his man out (he has done it from that side earlier this year) or he sucks.
    I tend to think that the later is off the mark.

    Just another reason why I want Frazier gone.
    [/quote]

    I agree with you in that i don't want frazier here either.. and i don't think they are rotating guys like they should which means YES, they are getting worn down a bit!!.. second, maybe it's because he missed more than half of the offseason program and preseason games with his back/shoulder whatever injury... that makes some difference too!!...

    and thirdly, i think it also has to do with maybe him adjusting to the right side, but if memory serves me correctly, which it may or may not, i thought he went to the left side last year during passing situations in and out with Robison.. i think Udeze came out or moved inside on passing situations...

    it's all of the above i think.. with maybe adjusting a bit to coming off the right side.. but i don't think it has anything to do with his weight... if anything it's him being light and having speed is what's gonna help on that side in pass rush..

    besides, your argument wasn't in terms of pass rush.. the argument we had last year had everything to do with him being too light and not holding up against the run!!.. Remember!!.. nothing do to with pass rush...

    and please don't make me prove it.. just agree with me that that's what it was about!!.. i don't feel like going through those posts looking them up!!.. ;D

  5. #265
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=48640.msg856061#msg856061 date=1224611561]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48640.msg856059#msg856059 date=1224611353]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856057#msg856057 date=1224611094]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856052#msg856052 date=1224610916]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856050#msg856050 date=1224610814]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856048#msg856048 date=1224610655]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856045#msg856045 date=1224610545]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856042#msg856042 date=1224610292]
    Maybe we watched a different game but from the get go we could not crash the pocket

    If you give Allen 5 seconds you are bound to get sacked

    By the way one of his sacks was when he swung his arm in there and barley got a piece of the ball causing a fumble

    But yes Allen did get 2..
    But that was the most pressure we could get.. And it was pathetic.. It took 4-5 seconds to get there
    I hear ya.
    I wasn't disagreeing my good friend.
    Just making a joke.
    You are correct.
    One of the sacks was credited because he slapped the ball away.

    Gotcha!

    I liked how Brad coached minus not adding in more crazy blitzes to fluster the young Orton

    But I don't know much about football, but what we were doing was not working
    We were letting Chicago's line control ours is what it boiled down to.
    Their line has done a great job lately of keeping opponents off of Orten.
    In turn, Orten is becoming more confident as a QB and it is showing.
    I have to give props where it is due.
    Last year if we would have let Orten do that I would have been pissed.
    But seeing what he's been doing as late it
    made sense watching the game.
    Not that I am happy about it.


    Agreed

    But if we deal out that much money to our players they ought to be able to get in there

    Allen did his part.. And K-will did okay.. Pat stopped the run great.. And Ray Edwards sucked
    You are right.
    I'm not sure what has gotten into Ray Edwards of late.
    He's been pretty bad from what I have seen.
    He also seems to be getting hurt a lot.
    Maybe he is out of shape or playing hurt but I haven't been too impressed this year for the most part.
    [/quote]
    Maybe some yutz was right when he was trying to convince all of us that a
    RDE can't add a few pounds and play LDE effectively in this league.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    [/quote]

    So far he is only 23 sacks short of his goal of 23 sacks for the year but there is still time.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    Maybe they will start giving Robison more reps.
    I do know the coaching staff has got on Edwards at least once during a game this season.

    [/quote]
    Problem with that is you are still trying to plug a RDE in at LDE.
    Even though that will work in obvious passing situations he would really compound a problem when it comes to stopping the run.

    My guess is that Ray is workings so gol 'darnit hard in that area because of his size he isn't as effective against the pass.
    A solution is to rotate the two of them more but because Leslie is a D Coord Guru and doesn't do it I am probably wrong as I am the only one who has a beef with his coaching prowess it seems.

    [/quote]

    nice try buddy but you've already conceded this point and it's been discussed in detail!!... there's no way you can possibly sit there and tell me Ray doesn't have sacks bc he's too small and is so focussed on stopping the run that he can't get a sack!!...

    Did you listen to that?... it doesn't even make sense... we're stopping the run just fine... plus, arguably the left tackle would be a harder blocker to go up against versus a right tackle...

    I think one of the reasons he's not getting there is 1. he may not be that good, 2. he's getting pressure but they either get rid of the ball or allen or williams gets there first.. and 3. With our lines, QB and teams are going more 3 step drops against us, therefore are getting rid of the ball quicker so Allen and Co. don't get there as fast! 4. still not enough blitzing!
    [/quote]
    What? I conceded nothing.
    I might have agreed to quite trying to convince you but I never conceded anything.
    ;D

    As to stopping the run just fine.
    I never said we weren't stopping the run I said he might be working a bit harder in that area which would negate his legs a bit.

    Quick question to chew on.....Did he get sacks last year?

    Follow on question........What has changed?

    If one were to think about it one would assume that with all the attention being paid to K-will and JA the right side would get some production in the sack area.
    Again my point is centered around that area.

    Mr. Frazier is either not rotating him enough to keep him fresh so he can beat his man out (he has done it from that side earlier this year) or he sucks.
    I tend to think that the later is off the mark.

    Just another reason why I want Frazier gone.
    [/quote]

    I agree with you in that i don't want frazier here either.. and i don't think they are rotating guys like they should which means YES, they are getting worn down a bit!!.. second, maybe it's because he missed more than half of the offseason program and preseason games with his back/shoulder whatever injury... that makes some difference too!!...

    and thirdly, i think it also has to do with maybe him adjusting to the right side, but if memory serves me correctly, which it may or may not, i thought he went to the left side last year during passing situations in and out with Robison.. i think Udeze came out or moved inside on passing situations...

    it's all of the above i think.. with maybe adjusting a bit to coming off the right side.. but i don't think it has anything to do with his weight... if anything it's him being light and having speed is what's gonna help on that side in pass rush..

    besides, your argument wasn't in terms of pass rush.. the argument we had last year had everything to do with him being too light and not holding up against the run!!.. Remember!!.. nothing do to with pass rush...

    and please don't make me prove it.. just agree with me that that's what it was about!!.. i don't feel like going through those posts looking them up!!.. ;D
    [/quote]
    I won't be hard to go pull them up.

    Use the advanced search function and look for "I concede the field" and "Marrdro".
    I use that when I give up trying.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #266
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,952

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856070#msg856070 date=1224612685]
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=48640.msg856061#msg856061 date=1224611561]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48640.msg856059#msg856059 date=1224611353]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856057#msg856057 date=1224611094]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856052#msg856052 date=1224610916]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856050#msg856050 date=1224610814]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856048#msg856048 date=1224610655]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856045#msg856045 date=1224610545]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856042#msg856042 date=1224610292]
    Maybe we watched a different game but from the get go we could not crash the pocket

    If you give Allen 5 seconds you are bound to get sacked

    By the way one of his sacks was when he swung his arm in there and barley got a piece of the ball causing a fumble

    But yes Allen did get 2..
    But that was the most pressure we could get.. And it was pathetic.. It took 4-5 seconds to get there
    I hear ya.
    I wasn't disagreeing my good friend.
    Just making a joke.
    You are correct.
    One of the sacks was credited because he slapped the ball away.

    Gotcha!

    I liked how Brad coached minus not adding in more crazy blitzes to fluster the young Orton

    But I don't know much about football, but what we were doing was not working
    We were letting Chicago's line control ours is what it boiled down to.
    Their line has done a great job lately of keeping opponents off of Orten.
    In turn, Orten is becoming more confident as a QB and it is showing.
    I have to give props where it is due.
    Last year if we would have let Orten do that I would have been pissed.
    But seeing what he's been doing as late it
    made sense watching the game.
    Not that I am happy about it.


    Agreed

    But if we deal out that much money to our players they ought to be able to get in there

    Allen did his part.. And K-will did okay.. Pat stopped the run great.. And Ray Edwards sucked
    You are right.
    I'm not sure what has gotten into Ray Edwards of late.
    He's been pretty bad from what I have seen.
    He also seems to be getting hurt a lot.
    Maybe he is out of shape or playing hurt but I haven't been too impressed this year for the most part.
    [/quote]
    Maybe some yutz was right when he was trying to convince all of us that a
    RDE can't add a few pounds and play LDE effectively in this league.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    [/quote]

    So far he is only 23 sacks short of his goal of 23 sacks for the year but there is still time.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    Maybe they will start giving Robison more reps.
    I do know the coaching staff has got on Edwards at least once during a game this season.

    [/quote]
    Problem with that is you are still trying to plug a RDE in at LDE.
    Even though that will work in obvious passing situations he would really compound a problem when it comes to stopping the run.

    My guess is that Ray is workings so gol 'darnit hard in that area because of his size he isn't as effective against the pass.
    A solution is to rotate the two of them more but because Leslie is a D Coord Guru and doesn't do it I am probably wrong as I am the only one who has a beef with his coaching prowess it seems.

    [/quote]

    nice try buddy but you've already conceded this point and it's been discussed in detail!!... there's no way you can possibly sit there and tell me Ray doesn't have sacks bc he's too small and is so focussed on stopping the run that he can't get a sack!!...

    Did you listen to that?... it doesn't even make sense... we're stopping the run just fine... plus, arguably the left tackle would be a harder blocker to go up against versus a right tackle...

    I think one of the reasons he's not getting there is 1. he may not be that good, 2. he's getting pressure but they either get rid of the ball or allen or williams gets there first.. and 3. With our lines, QB and teams are going more 3 step drops against us, therefore are getting rid of the ball quicker so Allen and Co. don't get there as fast! 4. still not enough blitzing!
    [/quote]
    What? I conceded nothing.
    I might have agreed to quite trying to convince you but I never conceded anything.
    ;D

    As to stopping the run just fine.
    I never said we weren't stopping the run I said he might be working a bit harder in that area which would negate his legs a bit.

    Quick question to chew on.....Did he get sacks last year?

    Follow on question........What has changed?

    If one were to think about it one would assume that with all the attention being paid to K-will and JA the right side would get some production in the sack area.
    Again my point is centered around that area.

    Mr. Frazier is either not rotating him enough to keep him fresh so he can beat his man out (he has done it from that side earlier this year) or he sucks.
    I tend to think that the later is off the mark.

    Just another reason why I want Frazier gone.
    [/quote]

    I agree with you in that i don't want frazier here either.. and i don't think they are rotating guys like they should which means YES, they are getting worn down a bit!!.. second, maybe it's because he missed more than half of the offseason program and preseason games with his back/shoulder whatever injury... that makes some difference too!!...

    and thirdly, i think it also has to do with maybe him adjusting to the right side, but if memory serves me correctly, which it may or may not, i thought he went to the left side last year during passing situations in and out with Robison.. i think Udeze came out or moved inside on passing situations...

    it's all of the above i think.. with maybe adjusting a bit to coming off the right side.. but i don't think it has anything to do with his weight... if anything it's him being light and having speed is what's gonna help on that side in pass rush..

    besides, your argument wasn't in terms of pass rush.. the argument we had last year had everything to do with him being too light and not holding up against the run!!.. Remember!!.. nothing do to with pass rush...

    and please don't make me prove it.. just agree with me that that's what it was about!!.. i don't feel like going through those posts looking them up!!.. ;D
    [/quote]
    I won't be hard to go pull them up.

    Use the advanced search function and look for "I concede the field" and "Marrdro".
    I use that when I give up trying.
    ;D
    [/quote]

    LOL!!!... u'd make a great politician!!.. I like how you completely avoided my post only to comment on the one part that you wanted to!!...lol... Sara Palin could learn a thing or to from you!!! lol.. j/k

  7. #267
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    I love Frazier. We have not won a game in which his defense did not put points on the board.

    The D is far down on my list of concerns.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #268
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48640.msg856078#msg856078 date=1224613232]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856070#msg856070 date=1224612685]
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=48640.msg856061#msg856061 date=1224611561]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48640.msg856059#msg856059 date=1224611353]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856057#msg856057 date=1224611094]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856052#msg856052 date=1224610916]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856050#msg856050 date=1224610814]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856048#msg856048 date=1224610655]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48640.msg856045#msg856045 date=1224610545]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48640.msg856042#msg856042 date=1224610292]
    Maybe we watched a different game but from the get go we could not crash the pocket

    If you give Allen 5 seconds you are bound to get sacked

    By the way one of his sacks was when he swung his arm in there and barley got a piece of the ball causing a fumble

    But yes Allen did get 2..
    But that was the most pressure we could get.. And it was pathetic.. It took 4-5 seconds to get there
    I hear ya.
    I wasn't disagreeing my good friend.
    Just making a joke.
    You are correct.
    One of the sacks was credited because he slapped the ball away.

    Gotcha!

    I liked how Brad coached minus not adding in more crazy blitzes to fluster the young Orton

    But I don't know much about football, but what we were doing was not working
    We were letting Chicago's line control ours is what it boiled down to.
    Their line has done a great job lately of keeping opponents off of Orten.
    In turn, Orten is becoming more confident as a QB and it is showing.
    I have to give props where it is due.
    Last year if we would have let Orten do that I would have been pissed.
    But seeing what he's been doing as late it
    made sense watching the game.
    Not that I am happy about it.


    Agreed

    But if we deal out that much money to our players they ought to be able to get in there

    Allen did his part.. And K-will did okay.. Pat stopped the run great.. And Ray Edwards sucked
    You are right.
    I'm not sure what has gotten into Ray Edwards of late.
    He's been pretty bad from what I have seen.
    He also seems to be getting hurt a lot.
    Maybe he is out of shape or playing hurt but I haven't been too impressed this year for the most part.
    [/quote]
    Maybe some yutz was right when he was trying to convince all of us that a
    RDE can't add a few pounds and play LDE effectively in this league.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    [/quote]

    So far he is only 23 sacks short of his goal of 23 sacks for the year but there is still time.
    [/quote]

    LOL.
    Maybe they will start giving Robison more reps.
    I do know the coaching staff has got on Edwards at least once during a game this season.

    [/quote]
    Problem with that is you are still trying to plug a RDE in at LDE.
    Even though that will work in obvious passing situations he would really compound a problem when it comes to stopping the run.

    My guess is that Ray is workings so gol 'darnit hard in that area because of his size he isn't as effective against the pass.
    A solution is to rotate the two of them more but because Leslie is a D Coord Guru and doesn't do it I am probably wrong as I am the only one who has a beef with his coaching prowess it seems.

    [/quote]

    nice try buddy but you've already conceded this point and it's been discussed in detail!!... there's no way you can possibly sit there and tell me Ray doesn't have sacks bc he's too small and is so focussed on stopping the run that he can't get a sack!!...

    Did you listen to that?... it doesn't even make sense... we're stopping the run just fine... plus, arguably the left tackle would be a harder blocker to go up against versus a right tackle...

    I think one of the reasons he's not getting there is 1. he may not be that good, 2. he's getting pressure but they either get rid of the ball or allen or williams gets there first.. and 3. With our lines, QB and teams are going more 3 step drops against us, therefore are getting rid of the ball quicker so Allen and Co. don't get there as fast! 4. still not enough blitzing!
    [/quote]
    What? I conceded nothing.
    I might have agreed to quite trying to convince you but I never conceded anything.
    ;D

    As to stopping the run just fine.
    I never said we weren't stopping the run I said he might be working a bit harder in that area which would negate his legs a bit.

    Quick question to chew on.....Did he get sacks last year?

    Follow on question........What has changed?

    If one were to think about it one would assume that with all the attention being paid to K-will and JA the right side would get some production in the sack area.
    Again my point is centered around that area.

    Mr. Frazier is either not rotating him enough to keep him fresh so he can beat his man out (he has done it from that side earlier this year) or he sucks.
    I tend to think that the later is off the mark.

    Just another reason why I want Frazier gone.
    [/quote]

    I agree with you in that i don't want frazier here either.. and i don't think they are rotating guys like they should which means YES, they are getting worn down a bit!!.. second, maybe it's because he missed more than half of the offseason program and preseason games with his back/shoulder whatever injury... that makes some difference too!!...

    and thirdly, i think it also has to do with maybe him adjusting to the right side, but if memory serves me correctly, which it may or may not, i thought he went to the left side last year during passing situations in and out with Robison.. i think Udeze came out or moved inside on passing situations...

    it's all of the above i think.. with maybe adjusting a bit to coming off the right side.. but i don't think it has anything to do with his weight... if anything it's him being light and having speed is what's gonna help on that side in pass rush..

    besides, your argument wasn't in terms of pass rush.. the argument we had last year had everything to do with him being too light and not holding up against the run!!.. Remember!!.. nothing do to with pass rush...

    and please don't make me prove it.. just agree with me that that's what it was about!!.. i don't feel like going through those posts looking them up!!.. ;D
    [/quote]
    I won't be hard to go pull them up.

    Use the advanced search function and look for "I concede the field" and "Marrdro".
    I use that when I give up trying.
    ;D
    [/quote]

    LOL!!!... u'd make a great politician!!.. I like how you completely avoided my post only to comment on the one part that you wanted to!!...lol... Sara Palin could learn a thing or to from you!!! lol.. j/k
    [/quote]
    Politicians suck.

    I didn't avoid your post, I gave you an opportunity to go pull up my thoughts so I wouldn't have to go retype them again.

    In there you will find lots of comments about shifting from one side to the other in passing situations and how that is completely different that playing there the whole game.

    Again, not gonna retype all that stuff as I didn't convince you then, not gonna convince you now my friend.
    Maybe his production this year will drive you to my side of the fence or you will just convince yourself that he sucks as most did with Keneche when he played out of position.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Similar Threads

  1. Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations
    By Frostbite in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 05:01 PM
  2. Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 06:54 AM
  3. Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 04:20 AM
  4. Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
  5. Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 05:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •