Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    I think the kids are getting a little star struck.
    I also think the rookies are hitting the wall a bit.

I mean honestly I thought a month back, we never would of been in this position.
    I got to thanks the guys for making it a interesting December

Mike

a month ago i was hoping to lose every game on out.
    then i got sucked into the playoff hope, (you'd think after 35 years i'd learn)
    now i'm sitting here holding my useless playoff woody
    Not to mention there is a good chance we'll beat Denver and not make the playoffs, giving us the worst possible pick without making the playoffs.

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

9 caries for ap???

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Hear that loud pop?
    That's our bubble being burst.

Jackson had a craptastic game again.
    Once a team stifles our run, Jackson becomes real religious...he's becomes shiite.

Childress showed once again when Andy Reid called the plays in Philly.

Defense tried to hold 'em down, but I think Jackson demoralized the spit out of them.

And with Dallas guaranteed home field throughout, Washington will likely see Cowboys-lite.
    And if they win, we're out (Assuming we can beat Denver).

All in all, this was a VERY disappointing game to watch.

Caine

Frostbite is offline Coach

I'm still positive about next season....If the Coaches can ever figure out when to and how to use AD and C.Tay and we actually get some better receievrs for T.Jack to throw too....I can see us winning every game.

We just don't seem to be able to get the playbook open quick enough these days. Can't do it and hope for over-coming 22 points. It's gotta start when you see how that first series of downs is being played by he defense.

T.Jack should be given 1 more year to finish development. I would make it CLEAR to him in camp next season that the team is looking for him to have gotten over maiking the same mistakes over and over.

The Draft....we could use a great Pass Rusher....but I think another WR is a must either by draft or by FA or by Trade.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully Brad Johnson can pull out a win for us next week. He did it last year with a pretty LITE 'O' He will still have a lot of solid starters in place. I think we can beat Denver, We will pick our jock strap up from this lost. Boy's will do the dirty work for us.

Also Terry Glenn might be back for the Boyz

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: I Blame The O-coordinator/Childress Most

"Freakout" wrote:
    "BBQ" wrote:
    Ha.
    Anyone who's blaming Jackson for this needs to get their head screwed back in.
    The bottom line is, the coaches weren't prepared for what the Redskins were doing (even though a MONKEY could have seen it coming).
    Notice how, in the second half, they had enough success to force the Skins to back off?
    That's because at halftime, they made the adjustments they should have made before the game even started.
    Coaches didn't make him throw a interception on the very first series.
    You cannot do pooh like that.
    Yeah, and guess what the COACHES did after that?
    They failed to use their BEST PLAYERS, the running backs, on swing passes and screen passes.
    By the time they realized that it would do them good (about the third quarter), it was already too late.

When you have a rookie quarterback, you need to help him out.
    Remember that Shiancoe also contributed to our inability to string a drive together in the first half.

Jesus fucking Christ he's just starting out!
    A LOT of quarterbacks start out looking worse than TJ has.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

xlb57 is offline Rookie

Very poor game.
    It has been quite a while since I felt a sting like this after a Vikings' loss.
    While I am tempted to spew anger, doing so wouldn't change things.
    We hurt ourselves in this game and, as a result, probably destroyed our chances at a playoff spot.
    The off-season comes far too soon yet again.
    While I grow extremely tired of saying it, there's always next year.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

ive said it since preseason, WHY ON EARTH DONT WE HAVE AN EXPERIENCED BACKUP CORNER!!!..not only is one starter a rookie, but even his backup is a rookie..and the other stater griffin is good, but youve gotta have a good experienced guy lined up at that ever so important position, especially when you dont have a good pass rush

brad childress got bitch slapped again, this time by joe gibbs..thats another coach thats owned childress on the list of mike mccarthy, andy reid, and herm edwards

tarvaris is only effective when the other team is in the prevent, and his accuracy is atrocious, espcially on the deep ball to williamson, and the other throw on a slant that hopped in to troy..i cant wait to see this kid playing backup in the CFL next to spergon wynn

there is absolutely no excuse for not having an excellent pass rush, especially when you can have 2 defensive ends and linebackers going after the qb with pat and kevin williams taking away 4 offensive linemen between just the two of them
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: I Blame The O-coordinator/Childress Most

"BBQ" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    "BBQ" wrote:
    Ha.
    Anyone who's blaming Jackson for this needs to get their head screwed back in.
    The bottom line is, the coaches weren't prepared for what the Redskins were doing (even though a MONKEY could have seen it coming).
    Notice how, in the second half, they had enough success to force the Skins to back off?
    That's because at halftime, they made the adjustments they should have made before the game even started.
    Coaches didn't make him throw a interception on the very first series.
    You cannot do pooh like that.
    Yeah, and guess what the COACHES did after that?
    They failed to use their BEST PLAYERS, the running backs, on swing passes and screen passes.
    By the time they realized that it would do them good (about the third quarter), it was already too late.

When you have a rookie quarterback, you need to help him out.
    Remember that Shiancoe also contributed to our inability to string a drive together in the first half.

Jesus fricken Christ he's just starting out!
    A LOT of quarterbacks start out looking worse than TJ has.
    Again a very correct assessment BQplatypus....

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I hate this...I hate this so much. Honestly I don't know who I want to blame for this.Part of me says offense...part of me says Childress.But then I find myself not so mad at either cuz in the second half they adjusted well.Lets face it, being down bye 25, AD and CT go out the window.To move the chains like we did with such a mediocre cast of WRs and TEs was impressive.However we lost, point blank.We came out flat and dull.Childress should have known they would stack the box.

All in all I hate the way we can get into the playoffs now.I hate relying on another team to do the job for us.We choked, big time.We always do.

I need to go punch a pillow before I kill the first redskins fan I see.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast