Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    It could be worse, we could be Dolphin fans
    Atleast if you're a dolphins fan the weathers nice and you don't expect them to win.
    >

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "tank" wrote:
    "TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Anyone think that Tjack resembles Daunte Dumbpepper? Throw the ball away idgit! Second verse, same as the first!!!!!!!! When will we get a real QB?
    There is no way that TJ will ever be as bad dumbpepper (good one)
    TJ has stunk it up but if he gets it together and starts moving forward and developing, he may just work out.
    Plus he doesn't dance or do that stupid false start or travel dance or whatever that ridiculous crap was
    There is also no way TJ will be as good as Culpepper. He will never beat Culpepper's 04 season statistically. I mean he could do well if he can aim a little better, I was once optimistic about his accuracy. I thought he was a work in progress.

Now he does everything else fine, so his accuracy sticks out like a sore thumb. I mean can you really learn accuracy to a dime like you need for the NFL? We all know you can't 'teach' someone to catch, see Williamson, who is so fundamentally incorrect it hurts my brain to watch him play.
    You can't compare TJ to Culpepper in 2004!
    : He had Randy Moss, Nate Burleson, Jermaine Wiggins , and Marcus Robinson. Not to mention Onterrio Smith, Micheal Bennett, and Moe Williams. Who do we have that even compares to this combo of very good football players? This is not fair to TJ. Get these players back and I bet TJ would be a lot better. Oh and I forgot to mention Daunte already had 4 seasons (58 games) in the NFL before that year. Give me a break. How many games has TJ played?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "tank" wrote:
    "TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Anyone think that Tjack resembles Daunte Dumbpepper? Throw the ball away idgit! Second verse, same as the first!!!!!!!! When will we get a real QB?
    There is no way that TJ will ever be as bad dumbpepper (good one)
    TJ has stunk it up but if he gets it together and starts moving forward and developing, he may just work out.
    Plus he doesn't dance or do that stupid false start or travel dance or whatever that ridiculous crap was
    There is also no way TJ will be as good as Culpepper. He will never beat Culpepper's 04 season statistically. I mean he could do well if he can aim a little better, I was once optimistic about his accuracy. I thought he was a work in progress.

Now he does everything else fine, so his accuracy sticks out like a sore thumb. I mean can you really learn accuracy to a dime like you need for the NFL? We all know you can't 'teach' someone to catch, see Williamson, who is so fundamentally incorrect it hurts my brain to watch him play.
    You can't compare TJ to Culpepper in 2004!
    : He had Randy Moss, Nate Burleson, Jermaine Wiggins , and Marcus Robinson. Not to mention Onterrio Smith, Micheal Bennett, and Moe Williams. Who do we have that even compares to this combo of very good football players? This is not fair to TJ. Get these players back and I bet TJ would be a lot better. Oh and I forgot to mention Daunte already had 4 seasons (58 games) in the NFL before that year. Give me a break. How many games has TJ played?
    Ok first, our running game is so much better than our running game then it isn't funny(no really I tired to laugh and nothing came out.)
    And other than Randy Moss none of those players are that important.

I'm not bashing T-Jack in this one but I'm just saying you can't use examples like that.

"Mr" wrote:
    #1) What was that challenge? I know that was not right. It couldn't be... since when can you challenge a no-call?!

#2) Hmm, there are 8 up the middle you say? Put 3-4 WRs outside and SPREAD OUT THAT FUCKING DEFENSE! Peterson went 18 yards outside, a grand total of like 9 inside.

#3) Change things up a little bit on first down. Try leaving Peterson on during a passing down, his pass blocking isn't great, but you're down 22-0, keep your homerun hitter on the field.
    #4 Did anyone else watch the game? The screen passing game seemed to work pretty well for Washington, maybe we should give it a try.

#5) Apparently we got a TE who could stretch the field this season. I think his name was Shiancoe or something. With one safety deep, he should be streaking down the field, with Williamson opposite of him with no safety help over the top. Williamson did his job yesterday, but Shiancoe did not. In fact, he didn't even know how to carry the ball after he caught it, he was holding it out away from his body like Smoot after the pick.... whaddya know, he fumbled. Dumbass.

#6) 1&10 on the 2 inch line, lets give it to our slow fullback, behind our weak right side, while we have the best left side in the league, and a fast, powerful runner.

#7) Jackson's gotta learn when to get out of the pocket, when to throw it away, and when to take a sack. I don't think our pass protection was bad at all last night, but standing in the pocket for 15 minutes, and making terrible throws don't make our linemen look too special.

#8) McCauley and Griffin need to cut their cushion in half. I saw McCauley running down the field with Moss, he kept up. But when you start 12 yards away from your man, he automatically has separation. I think Madden said it best "I don't think [Marcus McCauley] is supposed to be that far away from his man, that far down the field."

#9) Longwell, nice onside kick, please make those field goals.

#10) Childress, you looked like an absolute fool last night.

#11) Dwight Smith looked very good, as did the the Williams Wall.

#12) Rice and Winfield missing really showed the impact those two have.

#13) Let's go Cowboys

I spent a large majority of last night screaming. I have the world's worst case of strep throat, the two don't go well together.

I wouldn't have had to scream if we didn't look like RIDICULOUS ASSHOLES on the field last night.

We sucked.

Merry Fucking Christmas
    Very nice post. Sums up my thoughts. I would also add that we had no pass rush. Todd Collins had all the time in the world and took us to school.

"wierstom" wrote:
    i put alot of this on the coaching but t-jack is not playing well and adarin peterson is looking like a flash in the pan
    I will pretend I did not see this! You also spelled his name wrong.

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A few post-game thoughts and answers[/size]

December 24th, 2007 – 12:18 AM
    by Kevin Seifert, startribune.com

In no particular order:
    The best was a comment from this article refering to Chilly, " I hope you get fired on Christmas Day you loser."

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A few post-game thoughts and answers[/size]

December 24th, 2007 – 12:18 AM
    by Kevin Seifert, startribune.com

In no particular order:
    This comment hurts the most.

In other words, had the Packers won, the Cowboys would’ve still had something to play for in the final game of the season. Funny–even when the Packers lose, they still screw the Vikings. I’d just like to take this opportunity to reiterate my disdain for the Green Bay Packers.

Frostbite is offline Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    #1) What was that challenge? I know that was not right. It couldn't be... since when can you challenge a no-call?!

#2) Hmm, there are 8 up the middle you say? Put 3-4 WRs outside and SPREAD OUT THAT fricken DEFENSE! Peterson went 18 yards outside, a grand total of like 9 inside.

#3) Change things up a little bit on first down. Try leaving Peterson on during a passing down, his pass blocking isn't great, but you're down 22-0, keep your homerun hitter on the field.
    #4 Did anyone else watch the game? The screen passing game seemed to work pretty well for Washington, maybe we should give it a try.

#5) Apparently we got a TE who could stretch the field this season. I think his name was Shiancoe or something. With one safety deep, he should be streaking down the field, with Williamson opposite of him with no safety help over the top. Williamson did his job yesterday, but Shiancoe did not. In fact, he didn't even know how to carry the ball after he caught it, he was holding it out away from his body like Smoot after the pick.... whaddya know, he fumbled. Dumbass.

#6) 1&10 on the 2 inch line, lets give it to our slow fullback, behind our weak right side, while we have the best left side in the league, and a fast, powerful runner.

#7) Jackson's gotta learn when to get out of the pocket, when to throw it away, and when to take a sack. I don't think our pass protection was bad at all last night, but standing in the pocket for 15 minutes, and making terrible throws don't make our linemen look too special.

#8) McCauley and Griffin need to cut their cushion in half. I saw McCauley running down the field with Moss, he kept up. But when you start 12 yards away from your man, he automatically has separation. I think Madden said it best "I don't think [Marcus McCauley] is supposed to be that far away from his man, that far down the field."

#9) Longwell, nice onside kick, please make those field goals.

#10) Childress, you looked like an absolute fool last night.

#11) Dwight Smith looked very good, as did the the Williams Wall.

#12) Rice and Winfield missing really showed the impact those two have.

#13) Let's go Cowboys

I spent a large majority of last night screaming. I have the world's worst case of strep throat, the two don't go well together.

I wouldn't have had to scream if we didn't look like RIDICULOUS donkey butts on the field last night.

We sucked.

Merry fricken Christmas
    Very nice post. Sums up my thoughts. I would also add that we had no pass rush. Todd Collins had all the time in the world and took us to school.

Yes....This did have some great key points.....ditto

We tried to get a pass rush with the blitz on several occasions but rarely got there in time. Not much from the front 4 alone.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718