Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    A team that wins a crucial game after giving up four turnovers is impressive, no matter how painful it was to watch.
    You are wise beyond your years my friend.
    How old does people have to be, to be truly wise in your book?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Defense played yet another great game, E.J. was all over the field for us. T-Jack had a poor performance, you can't make the throw if it's not there T-Jack. Play-Calling was ok, we mixed it up when we had too, good job Chilli.

5-game winning streak, and we're steamrolling right to the play-offs. Lets take care of the Redskins, so we can rest our starters for the Dever game.

ALL DAY!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    A team that wins a crucial game after giving up four turnovers is impressive, no matter how painful it was to watch.
    Age has nothing to do with wisdom my friend.
    One can be truly insightfull and wise even though they haven't spent many a year on this downtrodden rock we call earth.

(Key note:
    Methuselah’s age of 969 is about right for Proph though isn't it?
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Age has nothing to do with wisdom my friend.
    One can be truly insightfull and wise even though they haven't spent many a year on this downtrodden rock we call earth.

(Key note:
    Methuselah’s age of 969 is about right for Proph though isn't it?
    ;D)
    Yeah, and now he's wise even beyond that. This must be serious.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Ugly win... but I'll take that any day. Certainly has become an exciting season.

And welcome back Marrdro. Things seemed less "optimistic" while you were gone.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    Ugly win... but I'll take that any day. Certainly has become an exciting season.

And welcome back Marrdro. Things seemed less "optimistic" while you were gone.
    You will all get tired of me pinging on the OL by at least 3 threads ago and wish I was back hunting.
    Damn Birk pissed me off last night.

I expect TJ to make bonehead plays but I saw him shift coverage to assist Hutch of all people 3 times last night and allow a Defender into the backfield untouched.

That means he had the wrong pre-snap read, made the wrong pre-snap call for the line resulting in poor line play and overall poor offensive effectiveness.

Just no excuse for that many gaffs from a player of his experience.
    Damn damn double damn I am PO'd at him.

Sorry, rant off, last time I say/bring it up until he does it next week.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Locker Room Confidential: The Play[/size]
    http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks?tag=bears-vikings
    On a night that reflected the sad state of quarterbacking in this league, Vikings backup Brooks
    Bollinger reminded was the most efficient player on the field.

Two plays. Eight points. Check please.

While Adrian Peterson took the longest postgame shower in league history, Bollinger stood at his locker and attempted to explain how the Vikings turned their second busted play of the evening into a game-winning touchdown.

Bollinger was forced into action when starter Tarvaris Jackson left with cramps with 11:02 left in the game, and the Vikings facing third-and-goal at the Bears' 8-yard line.

Bollinger said he changed the play at the line of scrimmage, but he graciously explained that crowd noise may have prevented Peterson and fullback Tony Richardson from hearing him....
    Funny article read the rest!

Another quote from the article that I found interesting:
    At least two players told Hashmarks that veteran guard Steve Hutchinson approached Childress in the second half and asked him to go back to the running game. Childress apparently listened, and Peterson took over the game in the fourth quarter.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

People are speaking poorly of the offensive line.

It wasn't the line as a whole that played poorly. It was one player: Matt Birk.

#75 on the Bears Toeaina, blew Birk up all game long. Urlacher came right through Birk's zone on both of his sacks.

On the play where Rice and Tillman both got injured, there was a hole you could drive a bus through between Hutchinson and McKinnie(the 3 hole), on that play Birk has a simple responsibility, just seal off and block the man on him. If he had, Adrian Peterson would have scored a touchdown on that play, and TJack wouldn't have been knocked out of the game on the play after.

Birk looked like the worst player in the NFL last night. Which is a shocker from a guy like him, but man, I can't get over how terrible he was.

Too many dropped passes as well. TJack should have been more like 24 for 29. The drop from Ferguson which resulted in an interception, Chester Taylor dropped one out of the backfield, Shiancoe dropped one or two, IMO one drop is a drop too many. Am I the only one wondering why Rice and Allison aren't our #1 and #2 wide receivers?

Stupid unforced turnovers turned what could have been a blowout, and huge statement game into a nailbiter, foot stomper, wall puncher, and televison curser of a game.

Like Jaws said, Tarvaris Jackson looked mechanically awful and made stupid decisions. But I think when he made the right decisions, his passing looked great.

Stupid mistakes make playoff football teams look like pretenders.

Eliminate Birk's terrible play, Jackson's mistakes, and Peterson's fumble, and I think we would have won this game by about 30, and possibly shut the Bears out.

We nearly beat ourselves last night. Fortunately, we pulled out the win.

Hopefully next week these issues get sorted out, and we win big.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Every1 will have an off game.
    There are no exclusions..

Birk didn't live up to his vaulted status.. but he will!!

Some of the times i saw him getting burn't was completly at his blind side.. either he never saw urlacher or dind't think he was coming.. i'm not sure till he answer.. but.. it was pooor pooor effort.

will it always be like that?
    i seriously doubt it.

but the mark of a good team is that the others rise to the occasion when one is not doing well.. and as a team win a game.. and that's what i saw yesterday

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Json is offline GM

I think last nights game was a great opportunity for the Vikings younger players to get a feel for the "Big Stage" which will be very helpful come next Sunday Nights game.
    Now if the Vikings can knock off the Redskins next week in a big game I believe these two back to back prime time slot games will help the maturity of the young Vikings players and have them better equiped to deal with the post season envirmont.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast