Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

Chester Taylor had a couple of nice runs. Peterson looks like he will be ok.

Henderson is still a stud.

Griffin is still not.

McKinnie needs to unhook the plow.

Childress should be banned from play calling. Same with Bevel.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Of Course, whoever did that blog on everyone saying Childress is a genius after he won last week gets to see why we call him an idiot, week in and week out. I guess the best thing for the Vikings would be to sign Jeff George. I mean why not sign some guy that might be able to throw the ball. But I guess the problem really is with the play calling. I can't believe that the coaches sat on their thumbs all week and did not have their players ready for this weeks game. Its undescribable about how bad this year has gone. Childress is 0-4 against the Packers...who themselves also have a new coach. I honestly thought the Packers were in worse shape than the Vikings starting out 2 years ago but I guess it was easy for Brad to take a team that finished 9-7 the year before and turn them into complete and utter trash. I would trade away our first round draft pick next year to have someone smart in the front office to realize that sometimes you do have to overpay good players. It hurts me to see such a proud oganization get turned over to a balding "yes" man like Brad Childress. The only good thing for him is that if we ever do decide to get rid of him (which we are too stupid to) he can always go back to the ever forgiving, father of drug dealers, Andy Reid. Sorry for going on a tirade I just got done watching the game...IT SUCKS!!!
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I'm acutually speechless. I need to hear something from Ziggy. What's his plan for this team.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"tastywaves" wrote:
    It's going to be a tough week for Marrdro, I pray he has the strength.

Getting beat by your chief rival twice in one year is bad enough, getting waxed 34-0 is going to be tough to defend.
    A lot more Fire Brad chants are coming out this week.

Besides all the usual offensive woes, the biggest weakness that stuck out to me was the lack of pressure on Favre.
    He was only hurried maybe 3 times out of 40 attempts.
    Life was easy for him today, the guy was off, and he still picks us apart..
    It also helps to get phantom calls for shots to the head with a little acting because I'm Brett fricken Favre.
    Had nothing to do with anything, just an aggravating call that would never go in our favor.

It doesn't help that our offense does absolutely nothing on offense.
    Bad game all around.
    Ferguson EJ and Kluwe are the only guys that seemed to have any highlights.

Toughest game to watch this year, and that is saying a lot.

That is what I was thinking towards the end of the game. Marrdro always is able to put a positive spin on the Vikings performance, but I don't see how he could possibly do it this week. He'll be flat out magical if he can name anything positive about this game besides Kluwe.

Thanks Josdin

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Mystophales" wrote:
    I am not a violent person whatsoever but everytime I see Childress on sideline looking at his gol 'darnit play sheet I swear I want to strangle him. This game was a absolute disaster. Nothing...and I mean absolutely NOTHING worked. This team was not in the slightest prepared to play this game. Some of the fault has to go to the guys cashing those game checks but it seems to me this team has given up and THAT is the fault of the coaches.
    My 2 cents...

This is right on....and especially disturbing when I think about how much we had to build on in practice this week after our Charger game. PATHETIC...and I blame the entire team effort!!

We stunk it up on both sides of the ball from the git go!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ap07 is offline Training Camp

Well first post for me.....

Here we go.
    The Vikings wont win a game with no passing game, also a coach who should not be coaching a nfl team anywhere.
    Childress is a joke! Our entire staff is a joke.
    How can you let Farve do what he did to us today?
    Defense to the entire offensive team stunk it up again today.

Here is whats needed!

1. Go out and find a QB for the rest of the year.
    Not one qb on our club deserves time being a starter.
    Of all three we have Jackson needs to be cut.
    He has done nothing all year and he cant complete a pass.

2. Use Rice more as a WR!
    Get the kid the ball when he has a chance he looks like he can be a playmaker.
    If we cant throw the ball we wont win period!

3. Get a 3rd down chance made!
    When you continue to go three and out we won't win.
    Why not use a split back attact with both Peterson and Taylor in the game at the same time.
    There all we have for playmakers on offense so lets use them!

I could go on and on here.
    BUT the FIRST thing needed is to FIRE Brad Childress!
    This guy is a joke.
    Hey Ziggy you want a new stadium, win games and things could get done.
    When you have the crap at coach we have now things wont get done till you lose Childress.

A complete ass beating today.
    Not one good thing came out of this game.
    Who will we draft at QB in the draft????????

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    I'm acutually speechless. I need to hear something from Ziggy. What's his plan for this team.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ballhog27" wrote:
    Of Course, whoever did that blog on everyone saying Childress is a genius after he won last week gets to see why we call him an idiot, week in and week out. I guess the best thing for the Vikings would be to sign Jeff George. I mean why not sign some guy that might be able to throw the ball. But I guess the problem really is with the play calling. I can't believe that the coaches sat on their thumbs all week and did not have their players ready for this weeks game. Its undescribable about how bad this year has gone. Childress is 0-4 against the Packers...who themselves also have a new coach. I honestly thought the Packers were in worse shape than the Vikings starting out 2 years ago but I guess it was easy for Brad to take a team that finished 9-7 the year before and turn them into complete and utter trash. I would trade away our first round draft pick next year to have someone smart in the front office to realize that sometimes you do have to overpay good players. It hurts me to see such a proud oganization get turned over to a balding "yes" man like Brad Childress. The only good thing for him is that if we ever do decide to get rid of him (which we are too stupid to) he can always go back to the ever forgiving, father of drug dealers, Andy Reid. Sorry for going on a tirade I just got done watching the game...IT SUCKS!!!

I am pretty sure nobody called Chilly a genius.

The thread was titled:
    Is Childress a Genius Now???

Do you notice the question marks?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"Freya" wrote:
    Chester Taylor had a couple of nice runs. Peterson looks like he will be ok.

Henderson is still a stud.

Griffin is still not.

McKinnie needs to unhook the plow.

Childress should be banned from play calling. Same with Bevel.
    I am not sure why but I still like Griffin. When he is able to play bump n' run like he did last week, he played really well.

Thanks Josdin

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

get either mcnabb or onw of the top qbs in the draft get another wr (im thinking dj hacket ) get another corner.......stop using this stupid scheme.....play more man to man

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast