Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official Post Game Thought, Observations, and Rants

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ...Please don't think I'm supporting Holcomb here as I'm not, however,.....

The issue wasn't with the read by either the QB but rather the RT not doing his job.
    If the RT would have slid over, the way he was supposed to, then 2 things would/could have happened.....

Shank would have had the latitude to slip and go out for the pass. That didn't happen, Shank got pancaked and we all now the end result.
    :'(

Shank/RT held the block thereby picking up/alleviating the pressure from the right side on the QB allowing the QB to make a progression of reads (if necessary) and hitting the open man.
    Again, we all now the end result.

Additionally, it is not really the QB's job at this point in the play to make the call/adjustment for what the DL and LB are doing, it is the Centers job.

When people start to realize that (which is a pretty basic football thing) then alot of the blame will be put were it belongs.

Sorry guys, the whole OL thing is just not gonna end for me this year I fear.
    There is no doubt that the OL needs some work in execution and additional tweaking.
    I am in the crowd that thinks it is the QB that makes this OL look worse than it is.
    As others have said, if a QB like, god forbid, Favre, was on the team right now they would be 4-0 and nobody would be whining about the OL....at least not as much.

Again, I think 100% of the people that were posting in the offseason knew this was going to be a rough ride with Tarvaris in as starter.
    A lot of sporadic play.
    Unfortunately, he has been sitting due to injury and he's not getting that game time experience that Childress was hoping for.
    Nothing has changed, Tarvaris is green and there will continue to be sporadic play.
    The good thing is all three losses were easily winnable.
    Once the QB(s) learn how to release the ball quickly and step up into the pocket.....(holcomb is beyond repair imo)....the Ws will begin to rack up.
    If Holcomb was more accurate with his passes, we would have had 2 more Receiving TDs (just in the last game not including the one in KC) and we wouldn't be talking as much about him.
    We had two plays in the GB game where the WR was through the last line of defense and we missed them.
    Holcomb and TJ have missed the Homerun shots down field, that is unfortunate.
    So far we have had Hidh School-esque play from our QBs.
    See my first line, I am not making excuses for Holcomb.
    I agree, after 11/12 years in the gol 'darnit league he should have the timing issue resolved by now with the current WR's he is throwing to.

As for TJ, I still want to give him some more reps under actual game time situations.

My point, that seems to be missed by everyone is that the issue with Shank blocking isn't the QB's fault, it is either Birks for making the wrong line call or by the RT for not hearing/executing that call.
    Ya, I hear yah... about Birk.. I am hoping he isn't the problem.
    I think that Cook just didn't want to block the super high speed end AGAIN.
    It was a breakdown for sure.

I watched the GB-replay on dvr this morning, and I have to say that Wade and KH are on the same page.
    Rice and KH are almost on the same page.
    My guess is that Wade is the most consistent route runner.
    KH did have some nice throws to Wade and Rice, I will give him credit for those.
    Wade got through the coverage and caught a very nice pass over his shoulder.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

I think/hope the OL will look finer at Chicago.Why? TJ will be our Qb and
    1)He has legs to run with room
    2)He doesnt need much time to throw the ball,in fact that time is worthless cause usually
    take an Int (just kiddin)
    3)At Soldier Field,Rice will start,DO YOU HEAR ME CHILLY???,and will be wideopener than TW for example.

El underdog.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"El" wrote:
    I think/hope the OL will look finer at Chicago.Why? TJ will be our Qb and
    1)He has legs to run with room
    2)He doesnt need much time to throw the ball,in fact that time is worthless cause usually
    take an Int (just kiddin)
    3)At Soldier Field,Rice will start,DO YOU HEAR ME CHILLY???,and will be wideopener than TW for example.

Wideopener... that's some funny stuff.

I would love to see Rice start.

I'm also excited to see T-Jack come back after a week off. I'm sure he wants to redeem himself after that showing in Detroit. And with Rice starting, he'll have a legitimate target.

LET'S GO VIKES (a week and a half from now anyways
    :'()
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

C Mac D ,sorry for my english I know is worse than our Off
    ;D, but do you know what I wanted to say with wideopener ? I hope so
    El underdog.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ...Please don't think I'm supporting Holcomb here as I'm not, however,.....

The issue wasn't with the read by either the QB but rather the RT not doing his job.
    If the RT would have slid over, the way he was supposed to, then 2 things would/could have happened.....

Shank would have had the latitude to slip and go out for the pass. That didn't happen, Shank got pancaked and we all now the end result.

Shank/RT held the block thereby picking up/alleviating the pressure from the right side on the QB allowing the QB to make a progression of reads (if necessary) and hitting the open man.
    Again, we all now the end result.

Additionally, it is not really the QB's job at this point in the play to make the call/adjustment for what the DL and LB are doing, it is the Centers job.

When people start to realize that (which is a pretty basic football thing) then alot of the blame will be put were it belongs.

Sorry guys, the whole OL thing is just not gonna end for me this year I fear.

There is no doubt that the OL needs some work in execution and additional tweaking.
    I am in the crowd that thinks it is the QB that makes this OL look worse than it is.
    As others have said, if a QB like, god forbid, Favre, was on the team right now they would be 4-0 and nobody would be whining about the OL....at least not as much.

Again, I think 100% of the people that were posting in the offseason knew this was going to be a rough ride with Tarvaris in as starter.
    A lot of sporadic play.
    Unfortunately, he has been sitting due to injury and he's not getting that game time experience that Childress was hoping for.
    Nothing has changed, Tarvaris is green and there will continue to be sporadic play.
    The good thing is all three losses were easily winnable.
    Once the QB(s) learn how to release the ball quickly and step up into the pocket.....(holcomb is beyond repair imo)....the Ws will begin to rack up.
    If Holcomb was more accurate with his passes, we would have had 2 more Receiving TDs (just in the last game not including the one in KC) and we wouldn't be talking as much about him.
    We had two plays in the GB game where the WR was through the last line of defense and we missed them.
    Holcomb and TJ have missed the Homerun shots down field, that is unfortunate.
    So far we have had Hidh School-esque play from our QBs.
    See my first line, I am not making excuses for Holcomb.
    I agree, after 11/12 years in the gol 'darnit league he should have the timing issue resolved by now with the current WR's he is throwing to.

As for TJ, I still want to give him some more reps under actual game time situations.

My point, that seems to be missed by everyone is that the issue with Shank blocking isn't the QB's fault, it is either Birks for making the wrong line call or by the RT for not hearing/executing that call.
    Ya, I hear yah... about Birk.. I am hoping he isn't the problem.
    I think that Cook just didn't want to block the super high speed end AGAIN.
    It was a breakdown for sure.

I watched the GB-replay on dvr this morning, and I have to say that Wade and KH are on the same page.
    Rice and KH are almost on the same page.
    My guess is that Wade is the most consistent route runner.

KH did have some nice throws to Wade and Rice, I will give him credit for those.
    Wade got through the coverage and caught a very nice pass over his shoulder.
    Marrdro, I understand what you are saying regarding Birk.
    However, a good TE and QB can see this as well.
    It's more difficult for Birk to see what is going on at the end of the OL than it is for Shank and Holcomb to see right in front of them.
    Sorry but I don't agree with you on this one.
    I like Shank.
    IMO he done a fine job.
    However on that play he could have seen what was going on and Holcomb could have aided him by adjusting the call.

"El" wrote:
    Oh, I just thought you were being funny.

I understand wideopener... as in, "Drafting T-Will 7th overall, I thought he would get wideopener throughout his career... oh well
    :'("

Sound about right?

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"El" wrote:

Your English is just fine, Vikingo. Don't take any guff from these savages.
    ;D

"The" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

Your English is just fine, Vikingo. Don't take any guff from these savages.
    ;D
    Hey, hey hey.. no guff. I really thought he was just being funny.

I thought it was great

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829