Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Re: The real blame falls on.....

"Jtrains" wrote:
    I'm a long time Vikes fan and an OU grad.
    The reason the Vikings lost this game.
    Peterson's father.
    Any time he shows up bad luck follows.
    When Peterson was at OU and his father went to a game he ended up being injured for most of the season.
    I'm not sure if you noticed during the game but they showed his father sitting in the stands wearing a number 28 jersey.
    I want to get a petition going to stop his father from ever going to a Vikings game in the future.
    The real blame isn't the qb, o-line, d, or coach. The blame should be placed squarely on Adrian Peterson's father.
    That was funny man. Seriuosly. I was Wrapped up there for a minute and when I read that, I burst out laughing. Thanks dude. ;D
    Tuco the world.....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Jtrains" wrote:
    Peterson's father.
    When Peterson was at OU and his father went to a game he ended up being injured for most of the season.
    I'm not sure if you noticed during the game but they showed his father sitting in the stands wearing a number 28 jersey.
    I want to get a petition going to stop his father from ever going to a Vikings game in the future.
    The real blame isn't the qb, o-line, d, or coach. The blame should be placed squarely on Adrian Peterson's father.
    Great first post my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Official Post Game Rants, Thoughts, and Observations

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    I don't understand how we can make any decision on our D until we have an average or better offense. When your O only has the ball for a total of 3 minutes in the second quarter. Well then you are going to be worn out. And they still created gigantic plays. I think we finally realized(atleast I hope) that it is pointless to rush 4 guys if we are not going to get to the QB. We started dropping a guy back every so often and it seemed to help in the second half. Anyways, anytime a QB has a chance to throw the ball 32 times in one half, well means we are in trouble...
    Switch to 3-4? Something, anything but PASS after PASS caught. Please!!!! End the torment. I swear to you, during one series, I called every play. Cowboys pass. Cowboys pass. Cowboys pass. I mean I am not comparing myself to John Edwards or Slyvia Brown or anything, I JUST HAD A FEELING. ;D I said this Two games ago, please leave someone in the middle. Or go mano-e-mano.
    We actually did a 3-4 twice tonight.
    Huge gains on both
    :
    How about a one-ten? Just rush Robinson? ;D Maybe even switch #64 to the "D" and let him at the QB?
    Tuco the world.....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: No F'ing Tight Ends?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Pretty hard for a TE to catch a ball when he isn't running routes.

Maybe if our OL could pass protect better they could run routes.
    Ohhhh wait, our OL isn't the problem. :
    Their OL was just as good as ours was. Romo was scrambling all day. Tj scrambled a bit too. Their TE had 10 catches for 86 yards. Ours had, wait who is our TE again? I forget.
    Yea I see your point, but you also have to take into account that thier TE's are allowed to chip then release.
    The way Cook was playing ours pretty much stayed in the whole time.

I will have to watch the re-air (I'm sure they'll show it) but I quit counting on 5 when we had both TE's in and neither got off the line.
    I really don't buy that one, though.

Their TE chipped our defender and allowed their lineman to start to move him in one direction. Romo was able to feel the direction our lineman was being deflected and he moved around in the pocket away from that pressure,which allowed the TE time to get into the zone. If you compare that to our team, TJ does not have that feel for the rush that allows him to slide away from the pressure that the successful WCO QB's have and what the OL line is going to need from him in order to be able to do anything this year. The problem is that Bollinger and Holcolm also are lacking in this and that is why they are not playing somewhere else.

In the WCO with the short drops and timing passes it is essential for the QB to be able to get the ball out in time and when there is a need to wait for a secondary route to develop, then the QB must anticipate the pressure and slide away from it.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"jessejames09" wrote:
    We're a passing game away from being a great team.
    This is so TRUE!
    We get a QB and it's on!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    We're a passing game away from being a great team.
    This is so TRUE!
    We get a QB and it's on!
    or some protection and wide outs

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The bottom line here guys is we are not a good enough team yet to defeat any of the top tier teams in the NFL..
    We simply are not there yet to play with the good balanced teams.

We cannot beat the
    Patriots,
    Collts
    Cowboys
    Steelers
    Giants
    Jags
    Chargers ( I think they belong on this list)

These teams have to beat themselves when playing us through turn overs and mistakes on D.

We can make a game of it with all the middle ranked teams and win against most of those in the bottom 10.
    If we don't get better at the passing game this is where we will stay for the foreseeable future.

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Jtrains" wrote:
    Peterson's father.
    Damn.

You mean we cannot blame the refs?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I really thought I may find a few positives...oh wait...Ray
    Edwards, Robison, and Kluwe!
    Good job to those 3.

What about Udeze? He got pressure today, a sack & caused a fumble that T-Will took to the house. If you paid attention, not only did he cause the fumble, but he got back up, tore down field & got that last block on the Cowboy, allowing K-Will to score.

It was Edwards bone head play that cost us that TD. Talk about a 70 yard penalty.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I really thought I may find a few positives...oh wait...Ray
    Edwards, Robison, and Kluwe!
    Good job to those 3.

What about Udeze? He got pressure today, a sack & caused a fumble that T-Will took to the house. If you paid attention, not only did he cause the fumble, but he got back up, tore down field & got that last block on the Cowboy, allowing K-Will to score.

It was Edwards bone head play that cost us that TD. Talk about a 70 yard penalty.
    The guy edwards was blocking was in perfect postion to tackle Williams.
    There is a good possiblity that he if didn't hold, and he got away, he would have tackled williams.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast