Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Official Post Game Comments, Rants, and Observations

What a season.
    :'(
    I'm going the the "Cheer Up Vikes Fans" thread.
    I'll be there 'til next season.

Peace through superior firepower!

Moss Apologist is offline Waterboy

I agree with you CanuckVike, but I don't know what we can do now.
    There's no way we're going to get rid of him already.
    Perhaps he'll improve.

I do find it ironic that he preaches his "culture of accountability" BS, yet we lead (as is typical) the NFL in penalties.
    Personally, I don't really care about the off the field stuff.
    I'm looking for accountability on the field.
    If there are fiascos like ticket scalping and love boat affairs--whatever--it's the product on the field that I care about.
    Leading the NFL in penalties does not indicate "accountability."

Also, totally agree on the uselessness of two yard passes into the flat.
    What's the point?
    I know you have to check it down now and then, but that sort of call has NO big play potential and plays right into the defense.
    If you're going to pass for two yards or less, then you might as well just run the ball.
    It's safer and not as disgusting to watch.
    Plus, it gives your beasts up front an opportunity to hit somebody.

Semi-related . . . why DO the Vikings lead (or come very, very close) the NFL in penalties every single year?
    It's as sure a thing as the sun rising tomorrow.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

hey my neighborhood had a blackout at 1:00 AM The power just came on can anyone brief me on what happened All I Know is 41-21 Rams

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    hey my neighborhood had a blackout at 1:00 AM The power just came on can anyone brief me on what happened All I Know is 41-21 Rams
    We got streamrolled.

That's all you need to know.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I'm very sad that I won't be able to see the Vikes play for the next eight months but I will dwell on no negatives here some good things I take from this.

Nance showed some good moments as long as he can keep that up he should be on the roster next year.

Considering he was on Holt most of the game I'm impressed with Charles Gordon he kept very tight coverage on him and he had to work hard to make most of those catches.

Tarvaris didn't get bogged down by his opening mistake and led a great drive for a score I still say make him the starter next year and only go after a Damon Huard or Tim Rattay if Brad decides to go.

Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

marantzo is offline Rookie

[shadow=red,left]He is at a CFL level at best and his type of offense would probably go nowhere up here either.[/shadow]

Whe I read the first part of your sentence I immediately disagreed and then the next part of the sentence had me agreeing. Chilly would not be a successful coach up here. The Canadian game is wide open and he definitely isn't. And the CFL isn't some backwater for coaches, there are many coaches that have gone south and had excellent results. In my opinion the Canadian playbook is much more imaginative than the NFL playbook. This is probably the result of having a bigger field, more players and only 3 downs. You have to make things happen faster and you've got a bigger field and more players to do it with. I think this gives the coaches good experience in thinking outside the box and that's why so many of them have success when they go to the NFL. Maybe Childress could use a few instructive years up here. His learning curve in the NFL seems to be in reverse.

On the evidence there is no excuse for Childress. Not just because there were many shortcoming in the Vikings play, but that they persisted for the entire season without any improvement whatsover, actually getting worse as the season went on. Now that is coaching pure and simple. His people skills are also a big drawback. It was clear for all to see that there was a lack of desire and focus on the team in the latter part of the season. Sure they are professionals, but they are also human and you can't constantly inspire yourself without having the head coach instill it in you once in a while. Quiet, reserved coaches are only successful when they create a well oiled machine on the field, that works with efficiency. The machine that Childress created sprung an oil leak after game 6 and instead of doing something to plug it up, it became a gusher that left the machine with no oil at all when there were must-win games.

The Rams, a mediocre team at best, got the opportunity to celebrate New Years early with the feelings of a dominant winner.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

How much better would we do with a whole new coaching staff (with a whole new scheme to be learned)? It wouldn't be much better than this year. Childress needs to absorb the "whole" season and make changes in the off season. Not every coach started blazing out of the gate. Remember, many hall of fame and very successful coaches have stumbled their first year or two. It takes a couple of years to get the personel you want for your scheme.

As far as Denny goes, he did have winning seasons, but what did that get us? Let's see, we have some records, and a lot of bad memories. Let's face it guys, when it came down to crunch time, he folded like a cheap lawn chair. If he is the "great" coach that some have stated, why is he out of a job in Arizona? He had a pretty good team, and they didn't do that much better than us. As far as Denny becoming the new O coordinator.......NO THANKS! I'd like to see us grab someone creative and not stagnant in the NFL. Maybe we could find a promising O coordinator from the college ranks.

I really think that this off season will be an eye opener for a lot of fans. I think Chill will get rid of players that don't fit his system (verterans or not). It's his team (that Wilf and Co.) gave him the keys too. Wilf is a smart guy and businessman, I'm pretty sure he knows the ins and outs of running a successful organization.

I don't get to see many games over here in Hawaii. We do not get NFL ticket, and I'm not ready to get the dish till we get a big chunk of land. It is depressing that our team did so horrible, but like others have stated, look towards the up comming draft and season. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but like anything, you forget over time.

It's been fun! Go Vikes!

dude that game sucked so bad i stopped watching when we were down 41-7 or w/e

tj finally did some running, a little but better than dropping back and getting sacked

this season blowed i can't wait till next though

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I thought Tarvaris played an OK game. He had two rookie-esque throws, that I hope he'd never make again. As far as next year goes, I could see him starting, but I could also see him sitting for another year or so.

It was nice to hear the cheer that Brad got when he took the field. There were even people sitting around us that were yelling for him in the 1st quarter, lol.

The rest of the game was just more of the same old story. I don't think I've ever been glad to see a Vikings season end. Then again, there is a first time for everything.
    that's the way it was where I was sitting too, there was also a section behind me kept chanting "Fire Childress" the whole game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

What makes people think Childress will hire an offensive coordinator anyways?

He hinted at a suggestion of it, but I think that's as far as he goes with it. It's all about his system, his offense & the way he wants to run it. Using his own words, "It's non-negotiable"

He also hinted that he might let Bevell call the plays against the Rams. I haven't heard one way or the other if that happened. Anybody know for sure?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12