here are some post game comments.

Vikings - Fins
    1st Downs 25 15
    Rushing

Passing

Penalty

3rd-Down Conversions 5-17 5-13
    4th-Down Conversions 4-4 0-0

we beat them.. our O our produced theirs..

but again we found it difficult to finish off hte drives.. and 2 costly turnovers cost us the game..

break this down..

ViKiNGS vs fins

Net Yards Rushing 114 -3
    Rushes

35 14
    Avg. Per Rush

negetive rushing????
    does anyone remember WHEN the last time the Vikes caused real FEAR in the NFL for it's Rush Defence???? we are not just the best vs the rush.. noone's saying they will come to the vikes game and have a balanced go.. teams abandon the run.. they STOP trying!!! i'm very very very happy with this!!

Vikes vs fins
    Net Yards Passing 247 254
    Comp.-Att.

26-44

26-42
    Yards Per Pass

Sacked-Yards Lost 3-15 0-0
    Had Intercepted

very even.. and productive.. not amazing but both teams moved the ball in the air. for all those who are gonna say that either QB should be benched, bla bla..
    seems to me that the D's made life hard.. but the game had good flow.

and here's why we lost.

Vikes vs fins

Touchdowns 2 3
    Rushing

Passing

Other

we got bit by the turnover scoring bug.
    it $%!#$%! stings.. ask the kitties.. ask Carolina.. loosing to turnover td's like those really hurt..

now that logic is outta the way.. all i can say is that instead of ranting and screaming.. i'm gonna look for the + in every game.. i have lost my expectations, but not my eagerness to watch the games. I'm excited to see what this new era will bring.
    I know the last few games are gonna be hard to swallow.. but if we Beat the garbagebay, bears, and kitties before the end of the year.. i'll be estatic!!!!

rant1
    :

4-1... on the 1... !#$^@!#^ GO FOR IT!!!
    our D coulda gotten a possible saftey.. and u are forcing them to go 100 yrds!!!.. should be a no brainer!!!

rant2 :
    who the !#$^@$^!#^ $! goat #$@^ ! @ $!^#$ drank my coffee!!!

DiGiTaL

Ya, our offense really stuggled today.
    You did a great job on defense, especially when stopping the run.
    I never would have thought we would have ran for negative yards...
    :-\

But our defense played outstanding too... and ended being the difference in this game.
    JT is unstoppable this season...
    8)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Official Post Game Comments and Rants

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Acumen

Why do you have such faith in Childress. Ever since he was named head coach you sound like you think he knows what hes doing. What has he done to earn your trust. You think within a few years hes going to be this great HC. Why?

Is it the way he runs this offense? He sucks at it. Is it his choice in QBs (backups included)? His play calling? His discipline? His draft choices? What? Do you have faith in him just because he was named our HC? His muschtace? I really want to know cause i love the Vikes and I want to know what to expect if Childress is actually good. I cant stand the thought of him running my vikings for a few more years.

BTW, this isnt a rip or flame on Acumen. He seems to know his stuff and I want to know why he supports Childress all the time.
    I for one am still willing to give him a chance.
    This is a learning year for him to, however, I think his biggest problem with the Offense is that I do not believe he has the skilled players at the right positions to fit his scheme.
    He has a good start on fixing the Oline (right side needs a bit of a tweek/experience), he has the running back, but he still needs/wants a QB that can move around a bit and of course some WR's that can get separation and catch the ball.

We keep giving Tomline all the credit for the D (and he does deserve alot) but it was Childress who tagged him for the job.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

We have to give him a chance. Its not a choice for us. What I was wonderings is what people are basing thier opinions that in the next
    few year Childress can turn things around. He was invisible in Philly. People thought of him like we do Bevell.

Childress has gone from ok to terrible this season. His offense cant score red zone points. They cant make thrid down conversions. They are resigned to punting and making FG's. This is Childress's fault. We need to find the guys who can make the plays. Not stick with the same thing because its part of the plan. And to some this means that in a few years hes going to have the Viles back on track? To me this means we will have a football team playing in the cellar every year.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    We have to give him a chance. Its not a choice for us. What I was wonderings is what people are basing thier opinions that in the next
    few year Childress can turn things around. He was invisible in Philly. People thought of him like we do Bevell.

Childress has gone from ok to terrible this season. His offense cant score red zone points. They cant make thrid down conversions. They are resigned to punting and making FG's. This is Childress's fault. We need to find the guys who can make the plays. Not stick with the same thing because its part of the plan. And to some this means that in a few years hes going to have the Viles back on track? To me this means we will have a football team playing in the cellar every year.
    The main difference is that Childress, or any good HC, plays to the strength of the players.
    When Tarvaris comes in I guarantee you won't see the same set of plays, that's elementary.
    Anyone that judges an HC halfway through their first season needs to reconsider their thinking process.
    To me there are many, many question marks.
    I do know that the Vikings have been in every game with the exception of the Pats whether the team was good or bad.
    They will come around.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Acumen" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

The main difference is that Childress, or any good HC, plays to the strength of the players.
    When Tarvaris comes in I guarantee you won't see the same set of plays, that's elementary.
    Anyone that judges an HC halfway through their first season needs to reconsider their thinking process.
    To me there are many, many question marks.
    I do know that the Vikings have been in every game with the exception of the Pats whether the team was good or bad.
    They will come around.
    I agree with Acumen.
    I do not think the Offense we are seeing this year is what Brad had in mind.
    Hopefully through Free agency and the draft next year the offense can improve just like the defense did this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think the playcalling was a step up from last week. What we lacked yesterday was execution. We had 2 fumbles and an interception. We had both Troy and Wiggins drop key third down passes. That is 5 drives killed by poor execution. That is NOT the HCs fault.

Positives:
    - The defense held their own with Whitaker and Gordon playing DB.
    - Jeff Dugan impressed at FB.
    - Memo is back to his explosive self. He made a lot of good plays on the limited time he had.
    - Bethel Johnson is a great kick returner.
    - Troy demoted to #4 WR. About bloody time.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

What I don't understand is, if we make a team one dimensional, which we CERTAINLY did by stuffing the run, then why did Harrington :-X rip the secondary to shreds?

Not enough pass rush?

Slow DB's?

Bad scheme?
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Suick" wrote:
    What I don't understand is, if we make a team one dimensional, which we CERTAINLY did by stuffing the run, then why did Harrington :-X rip the secondary to shreds?

Not enough pass rush?

Slow DB's?

Bad scheme?
    Good questions.
    The stats for BJ and Joey were very similar:

BJ 26/44 262 yds 0TDs 1INT
    Joey 26/42 254 yds 1TD 1INT

Can't get much closer than that.
    I was thinking before the game that it was BJ vs Joey because both team's run D's are top shelf.
    The Viking rushed for over 100 yds while the Phins rushed for negative yds.
    That alone is an anomoly in the game, has that ever happened before?
    A team rushing for over 100 yds while holding their opponent to negative yds and still losing?
    The Phins D turned up the heat in the 4th Qtr while the Vikings' D didn't.

The beginnig of the 4th qtr the score was 10-10.

The Vikings ended the 3rd with a Winfield INT and took a FG when I think they should have gove for the TD.
    Score: 13-10

The next posession the Phins go three and out.

The next posession Jason Taylor strips the ball out of C. Taylor's hands on 1st and 10 after a 5 yd gain.
    That was an awesome play by J. Taylor.

The Phins go three and out.

Vikes pick up a first down on a Dugan pass and the next posssesion is a fumble by C. Taylor and run back by the Phins for a TD.
    Score 13-17

Vikes punt on 4th & 1 from their own 39 yd line.

Phins manage to get a first down, but have to punt it away.

Vikes start off moving the ball then J. Taylor fades back on a screen and picks it off for a TD.
    Score 13-24.

Vikes are sitting at an 11 pt deficit with 3:20 left on the clock.
    They move the ball down the field with a lazidazical approach effectively eating up the whole clock resulting in a TD with :01 left on the clock.
    Score 20-24.

The 4th quarter is where the game was decided.
    J. Taylor made two nice plays with the strip on Chester and the fade back on the screen for the INT/TD.
    C. Taylor made one boneheaded fumble and the clock management going down the stretch was a joke due partially to not having a viable QB/receiving corps threat.

To me, the game was lost by the Phins D stepping up and getting the job done in the 4th...in spite of Joey.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

I for one am still willing to give him a chance.
    This is a learning year for him to, however, I think his biggest problem with the Offense is that I do not believe he has the skilled players at the right positions to fit his scheme.

He has a good start on fixing the Oline (right side needs a bit of a tweek/experience), he has the running back, but he still needs/wants a QB that can move around a bit and of course some WR's that can get separation and catch the ball.

We keep giving Tomline all the credit for the D (and he does deserve alot) but it was Childress who tagged him for the job.

Not only is this a learning year for Childress, it's a teaching year as well. Everyone has had to learn new schemes including the veteran players, rookie players & the coaching staff.

There's a lot of things going on behind the scenes for everyone. New schemes, new plays, new methods of executing plays, new players, new coaches, new roles.

It will take some time to get clicking on all cylinders. It's difficult to make that happen in just 14 weeks.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BearsFanGrrrr is offline Rookie

And you all thought you were going to run with DA BEARS for the NFCN ?
    :
    Silly vqueens, the NFCN belongs to DA BEARS !

GO BEARS !
    " 9 an 1 " BABY !
    8)
    I was a bad boy and was banned!
    I suck.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast