Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official Post Game Comments and Observations

Nice to see he Defense show up again.
    Its hard to belive that a Qb actually did Worse than T-Joke for once. So you you know Manning was horrible.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The team was mentally ready to play today.

-The pass defense was great
    -The passing game was improved
    -The Quarterback completed a deep pass to Rice

We did things right in areas that we have not been doing them right in almost 2 years.

Nice job
    i can't call the pass D great, we still gave up a lot of plays that we shouldn't have, but the pass RUSH was greatly improved.
    The line & backers played really well tho leading to those INT's
    True, but 3 td returns and one return to the 8 moves it up on my spreadsheet ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

56 Guests and 38 Users.

How come we have so few on when we win and you can't even get on when we loose.
    Makes one wonder why some people even come here.

;D

Anyone notice how the Goose covered his early comment on how confused the disorganized the D looked.
    Talking heads are just a bit smarter than sports hacks IMHO.

Props to Coach Frazier and his staff.
    They brought it today, especially the LB's.
    They, along with the DL put the pressure on a QB that can be rattled and the Secondary reaps the dividends.

QB.
    TJ did ok today.
    Nothing spectacular.
    A few very nice throws and smart decisions.
    He did have alot of pressure today and I think he did pretty good in dealing with it.
    Still needs to work on his pocket awareness a bit.
    Guess the end result is that TJ didn't make any mistakes and Eli did.
    Difference in the game IMHO.

WR/TE.
    I like the way Rice came back for the ball when TJ was in trouble.
    Nice catches by Shank, B-wade and T-will when needed.

RB.
    CT worked gol 'darnit hard today for minimal gains however, every yard was important.
    No turnovers and very few runs for negative yards.

OL.
    Although you gotta ping on them again this week with respect to pass blocking, but you also gotta give it to them that they held back a very formidable group of DL that sack the QB.
    No penalities (that I can remember) and a very solid job.
    One other note, when you have a little over 5 minutes left on the clock, this group needs to win the battle and keep the D off the field.

DL.
    Very good job getting pressure.
    I really like the fact that K-will and Phat Pat are getting lots of reps off as the other guys start to see some more snaps.
    Overall a very good effort but we need to get pressure from them without the LB'rs when they all drop into coverage.

Anyone notice the DE's and DT's dropping back in coverage again.
    Hmmmmm, worked today, wonder why it worked today and didn't against GB.
    Maybe, just maybe it had something to do with the QB play of a Lord Favreeee and a Peyton Manning. :

LB.
    What can I say.
    This group is getting better and better every game.
    Props to the LB for executing a well designed scheme.
    Key blocks, sacks and INTs were the difference in this game.

Secondary.
    They had a couple of bad hand overs between the CB and S when in the Cover 2 and got beat quiet a few times when in man-to-man, but did just good enough to stop a few key plays.
    Not to rain on a very festive parade, but the Giants had a banged up WR corp and they still caught balls that shouldn't have been caught.
    Need a bit more work here.

Props to our Kickoff returners.
    Did anyone notice that this is the 3rd game that he let the ball go out on a kickoff resulting in the offense starting on the 40 yard line?
    Where are the yutz's who argued with me about the importance of working on stuff like that.

Anyone, Anyone, Buehler, Bueler.........
    Where did you haters go?
    :

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CaptainKirk is offline Training Camp

Ok, the offense and defense finally came together for a great game.
    However, Jackson needs to learn to read the defense.
    He also needs to learn that he doesn't have all day to search the field for an open receiver.
    Every defense in the league knows that all they have to do is blitz.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

[img width=450 height=603]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d8047e71b_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

Got to love that
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Finally we found some pressure, we brought a lot of blitzes to that pussy Eli today. That made our pass D so much better. I'll never get tired of watching that jerk throwing off of his back foot, making it easy for our DBs.

Notice too that while our offense were not on the field that much TJack completed 10/12 today, and mixed in a nice TD to Rice. His only bad play were the fumble caused by Usi O. coming at him from behind.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I woke up today realizing what a fool I was for thinking the Vikings would win. Matchup-wise, the Giants had our number. A complete offense, with two dynamic receivers going up against our young corners, and Shockey, their leading receiver, while TEs have killed us all year long. Then, on the other side of the ball the best DE tandem in the league going up against Cook and Mckinnie, ugh.

THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME.

- Was anyone else in shock after the Rice TD? I mean, I was 100% positive it was coming back on offensive pass intereference. It was just too good to be true. That was one of the best plays TJ has ever run:

Playaction works for us on the second play of the game because of our reputation on offense, which is a beautiful thing. TJ knows that one safety will bite on the fake, but he does not know which one. After the fake, he did a PHENOMENAL JOB of looking off the other safety. With one safety biting on the run, and the other biting on the head fake, TJ then delivered the ball ON THE MONEY to Rice. Our best receiver did well adjusting to the ball in the air.

- After the Giants first drive, I had had enough of our safeties. It looked to me like they were both having the worst season of their careers. They shut me up soon afterwards.

- TJ had his best game yet, and we needed it. HE was our offensive spark today, making plays with his feet as well. As ultra said, he still needs to get his timing and internal clock right. There were times where you saw 3-step drop,wait wait, sack. Maybe it is our WRs.
    - Taylor looked pretty average, but his ability to be a workhorse really helped the offense.
    - Another yawn game for Wade, another yawn game for Shiancoe. Maybe WR is a bigger need than QB.
    - I think the line played really well given who they were going up against. Cook held Strahan to only 1 "almost" sack, 1 acutal sack was Hutch blowing his assignment, and we saw none of those blindsided hits on the QB. Good job Mckinnie.

- The D and LBs gave us their normal every game performance. I love the tipped balls though.
    - Griffin has just got to do a better job of tracking the ball. I mean he had NO CLUE where it is. McCauley also has to get better, but we have to remeber how young these guys are. Griffin being asked to cover Plaxico Burress is an overwhelming task.
    - There is a noticeable drop of talent level from Winfield to Griffin, but McCauley has filled in fine covering the 2nd WR. Bigger props though go to the nickelback. Gordon was flying out there. He played really well.
    - Another bar of kudos goes to Spencer Johnson. Pat and Kevin are very legit, but he has turned into an extremely reliable backup. He could start on some other teams.
    - Oh my do we have some ballhawking safeties. We got some help from Eli and the dropped passes, but our pass defense was otherwise the same bend-but-don't-break style. The turnovers are what we have been missing.

28 points off turnovers.

My gameball goes to Smith, with TJ a close second.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CaptainKirk" wrote:
    Ok, the offense and defense finally came together for a great game.
    However, Jackson needs to learn to read the defense.
    He also needs to learn that he doesn't have all day to search the field for an open receiver.
    Every defense in the league knows that all they have to do is blitz.
    I actually thought he did a pretty good job of reading the defense.

He hit the recievers in the hands on a slant, an out, a couple of seam routes and a 60 deep ball for a TD.
    He threw no interceptions and ran a couple of times to convert 3rd downs.

Only thing I saw him do wrong is a couple of times his pocket awareness was an issue.
    That my friend, isn't reading a defense, it is called pocket awareness.

Is that what you mean? :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    what a game, what a game

chilly showed he has some heart when we were on the 1 yard line with 22 seconds left and he called for a kneel down.
    Sure i would have liked Vikings 48-17 rather than 41, but hey, i'll take it lol

leber was all over the place, that last tip for dwights 93 yard TD return was the (i believe) third tipped ball in a row on that drive.
    great job by the defense
    Pats/Belichick would've crammed it in for another score without blinking.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:

QB.
    TJ did ok today.
    Nothing spectacular.
    A few very nice throws and smart decisions.
    He did have alot of pressure today and I think he did pretty good in dealing with it.
    Still needs to work on his pocket awareness a bit.
    Guess the end result is that TJ didn't make any mistakes and Eli did.
    Difference in the game IMHO.
    EXACTLY! And how many years has Eli been in the NFL? We could be a lot worse off people. Wake up to that.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast