Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Official Post Game Comments and Observations

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I knew that one was coming.
    I wasn't going to do it, but as long as we're talking about the past...
    Oh, I don't blame you at all... I knew it was coming whenever people bring up Green Bay's playoff record... We don't really have much ground to stand on. It was like watch a car accident in slow-mo.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    His last 4 dates with his cousin? ;D
    I said it has significance to the Vikings, so your response was quite poorly thought out. Or maybe you just didn't read. Or perhaps you don't know what 0 and 4 means in connection with the Vikings. I guess all of the above could be true.

It's laughable how embarrassing your response was.
    It was ment to be laughable see the smilie, as for the greatness of the packer a soft shedule helped them out

Aren't the Lions and Giants the only teams with winning records the packers beat, we'll see if they are the real deal after they face the Cowboys

rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Aren't the Lions and Giants the only teams with winning records the packers beat, we'll see if they are the real deal after they face the Cowboys
    I have a few responses:

1) The Chargers are above .500

2) The Packers have won 14 of their last 15 dating back to last year. You don't do that on accident.

3) You can call their schedule "light", but if they had lost those games, you'd claim they suck for losing those games. Now that they win, you make up excuses. So which is it? Can't have it both ways.

4) I don't know why you think Dallas is all great and Green Bay isn't. Last time I checked, they have the same record, they have close to the same team stat rankings except for rushing yards per game, they match up fairly evenly on paper, and they both have about the same strength of schedule for the year.

So, I don't know what Dallas has done so great that's impressed you that Green Bay hasn't. Maybe it's just your hate for Green Bay that is blinding you from realizing they've both basically done the same thing.

This game won't mean anything either way. The loser of this game will likely finish 14-2, with the winner finishing 15-1. Both will get first round byes. This game will decide home field advantage more than likely, but it's all about who wins that playoff match up, if it comes to that.

It seems you have this black and white view of this upcoming game. You think the loser of this game sucks and the winner is the real deal, as long as the winner isn't Green Bay. I'm sorry to inform you, but it's not that simple. Simply because one of them loses this game doesn't mean they suck, and doesn't mean they aren't the real deal. Both are the real deal. All that matters is who prevails in the playoffs.

And by the way, the only above .500 team the Cowboys have played aside from the Patriots is the Giants. So leave your useless statistics out of your argument unless they truly mean something.
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    I have a few responses:

2) The Packers have won 14 of their last 15 dating back to last year. You don't do that on accident.

3) You can call their schedule "light", but if they had lost those games, you'd claim they suck for losing those games. Now that they win, you make up excuses. So which is it? Can't have it both ways.

4) I don't know why you think Dallas is all great and Green Bay isn't. Last time I checked, they have the same record, they have close to the same team stat rankings except for rushing yards per game, they match up fairly evenly on paper, and they both have about the same strength of schedule for the year.

So, I don't know what Dallas has done so great that's impressed you that Green Bay hasn't. Maybe it's just your hate for Green Bay that is blinding you from realizing they've both basically done the same thing.

This game won't mean anything either way. The loser of this game will likely finish 14-2, with the winner finishing 15-1. Both will get first round byes. This game will decide home field advantage more than likely, but it's all about who wins that playoff match up, if it comes to that.

It seems you have this black and white view of this upcoming game. You think the loser of this game sucks and the winner is the real deal, as long as the winner isn't Green Bay. I'm sorry to inform you, but it's not that simple. Simply because one of them loses this game doesn't mean they suck, and doesn't mean they aren't the real deal. Both are the real deal. All that matters is who prevails in the playoffs.

And by the way, the only above .500 team the Cowboys have played aside from the Patriots is the Giants. So leave your useless statistics out of your argument unless they truly mean something.
    Sorry forgot the Chargers won today

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

What a game for the defense!!! 4 picks and 3 went for Tds, wow. Pass D, thats want I'm talking about. We are back in the play-off talks, and we get A.D. back next week. We can go on a run here Viking fans!

Go Vikes!

ALL DAY!!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    We make it into the Play-offs.
    Wind up facing Green Bay again.
    And whip 'em again.
    Riiiiight..

All that matters is this year, and need I remind you your record against Green Bay this year?

Let me give you a hint: it starts with a 0 and ends with a 2.

You'd face Green Bay in Green Bay after they had a first round bye. That is, IF you get in to the playoffs, and IF you win in the first round. Even then, it may work out to where you have to win in the second round to meet them in the Conference Game. Just to even get the chance, you have to win at least 4 of your last 5.

Get in the playoffs before you get ahead of yourself. Settle down.
    Need I remind YOU that the last (and ONLY) time Minnesota and Green bay faced off in the Playoffs, the Packers had swept the Vikes in the regular season?
    What happened in that game?

Oh yeah....the Packers got beat.

Do I realistically think we'll even make the Playoffs?
    Not really.
    Not at this point.
    While there is a small chamce it could happen, this team hasn't displayed the consistancly of play required to get us there.

Now, we have Detroit, San Fran, Chicago, Washington, and Denver coming up.
    Aside from San Fran (with a 3-8) record and Detroit (with a 6-5), everyone is 5-6 right now.
    Hence, all of the teams we face are teams in the exact same position as we are - had a few good games, had a bunch of bad games, and their seasons are hanging in the balance.
    No one we're facing in the next 5 weeks is a "world beater".

Loosely translated, we REALISTICALLY have as good of a chance to make the play-offs as anyone we're facing in the next 5 weeks.
    We simply have to take it week to week, and continue to play solid Offense and aggressive Defense.

On the Green Bay side of things, don't let your record blind you.
    You've been on the lucky end a few times this season, and are benefiting from a overall weak schedule (Same as everyone in the NFC it seems).
    Aside from the Giants (Who we just whipped), you haven't beaten anyone really good.

In short, Packer fans are now operating under the same delusion that Bear fans were operating under last season.
    They coupled a winning record on a weak schedule with being a "Dominant" team.
    And, they rode it all the way to the Superbowl (and lost).
    But where are they now?
    Riding Devon Hester (2 TD returns today), scraping to make the playoffs...like almost everyone else in the NFC.

So, enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    Your team is doing well this season, but I wouldn't bet too heavily on them.
    Simply put, sooner or later you're going to run into a Defense that will make you suffer for being a pass-only team...and I'm thinking that team is going to be Dallas.

Caine

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

TJ's passer rating for the Giant's game = 139.2
    Eli Manning = 33.8
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Playaction works for us on the second play of the game because of our reputation on offense, which is a beautiful thing. TJ knows that one safety will bite on the fake, but he does not know which one. After the fake, he did a PHENOMENAL JOB of looking off the other safety. With one safety biting on the run, and the other biting on the head fake, TJ then delivered the ball ON THE MONEY to Rice. Our best receiver did well adjusting to the ball in the air.
    Good breakdown for the most part.

One of the safeties did not bite on the fake, he was coming no matter what.

I cropped all the Fox crap off the top.

Enjoy:

[youtube=425,350]rTF0clQp1SE[/youtube]
    If he was coming no matter what, then why did he turn around and sprint back into coverage when he realized it wasn't a run play and that Taylor was staying in to block?

If he was blitzing no matter what (or assigned to the RB on that play) he would have kept coming and taken Taylor head on. Or maybe he was supposed to blitz, but was so far away that he realized he had no chance and turned around.
    He was doing what he was supposed to do, probably run blitz.
    I watched it frame by frame, as soon as the ball hit TJ's hands he was already moving forward.
    So, it was not the playaction that got him...he was already committed to the run prior to the snap.
    Man coverage on the outside and 1 safety to help.
    Once he realized that it was a pass he stopped and changed direction.
    He knew he would not get to the QB and had no idea where the WR's were.

TJ did a good job of surveying his 2 options and it was good that the safety committed to TJ's first look.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    I have a few responses:

It's not just winning the game...
    Dallas will completely embarrass the pack and expose what a weak team it is.
    All talk now.. Come back next week to see.
    Dallas will have their way with them.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Ultra is right

The safety was playin close

The safety was playin T-jacks eyes and T-Jack turned and bombed it

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast