Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Official Post Game comments and Observations

I think a C for T-Jack is harsh. B- yeah, but not a C. We've all been saying how we don't expect TJ to be great, just to manage the game. That's exactly what he did. The int was a weird one, and it was HIS fault, not Shiancoe, I understand that. However, he stayed in the pocket, made good reads, and ran only when he needed/had the clear route for a first. He's a second-year guy being asked to lead a great team . You have to give him more credit than a C.

WR's impressed me today. Wade's? drop with that Falcon DB all over him looked more like a fumble to me than an incomplete, but he was covered really well.

There isn't enough you can say about that defense, espec the line (Robison too!!)

AD gets the game ball though (already voted in the other thread). He is lights out.

It's going to be a good year fellow fans. Not a perfect season, not always pretty, but a good solid year. Let's hope Chester comes back soon.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Hell of a way to start the season!!!

AP is a beast, and BIG MAN KEVIN!!!

Absolutely proud that we held them to 3 points.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Tarvaris was sloppy but got the job done. I feel like we would have won by a lot more had Chester played the entire game.

Adrian had a great game.. Good job finding the holes and a great big play despite bobbling the ball a bit. Glad to have the big play back in Minnesota.

The Offensive line did pretty well. The right side impressed me for the most part despite Hicks' penalty. Didn't allow too much pressure and the run blocking was good.

Receivers did fine. Couldn't really ask more of them.. they caught the ball well when it was thrown to them.

Defensive line was stellar. What more can you say. Edwards applying the pressure, Williams with the Pick 6, Robison with 2 sacks in his first start, Udeze FINALLY breaking that sackless streak from last year.

Linebackers were good as well. EJ with 2 sacks, Greenway playing well along with Leber.

Secondary looked pretty good. Nothing spectacular out of them but they did their job well and 'Toine had the nice INT for touchdown.

Special teams looked awesome compared to preseason. I loved Farwell, Kluwe, and Longwell's play.

Overall great win. Let's get ready for some real competition coming up next week.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think a C for T-Jack is harsh. B- yeah, but not a C.
    Basing it simply upon some throws that were way off target or over the wrong shoulder and some stupid things he did like the over the shoulder throw out of bounds and holding the ball too long in some situations.
    Overall TJ managed the game fairly well but he still has some learning to do to be a top flight NFL QB.
    And ya, I was a bit harsh but he still needs to grow. I took my Purple glasses off with those grades.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good game by the guys and well worth the result. Top marks to the D for keeping Harrington and the Falcons in check all game. The one thing I did like to see was the swarming D with defenders backing up the initial tackler.

Well done to AP for taking on the full load for the game - he didn't disappoint and showed why he was worth picking up.

TJack had a reasonable game, made a couple of mistakes which he got away with but hopefully will add to his experience. He would have had slightly better stats if a couple of passes - which were catchable - had been held onto by the WRs but not a bad job of managing the game.

WRs/TE - showed promise and made some good catches. Shiancoe had more involvement than I expected but did ok.

ST's - big improvement over the pre-season efforts. Lets hope this continues to get better.

Overall good game and something to build on for the season ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think a C for T-Jack is harsh. B- yeah, but not a C.
    Basing it simply upon some throws that were way off target or over the wrong shoulder and some stupid things he did like the over the shoulder throw out of bounds and holding the ball too long in some situations.
    Overall TJ managed the game fairly well but he still has some learning to do to be a top flight NFL QB.
    And ya, I was a bit harsh but he still needs to grow. I took my Purple glasses off with those grades.
    I honestly don't think he'll get there in one year. However, I see your points. forgot about the over the shoulder thing... But as far as the secondary defense, I'd bump them into A- maaaaaaybe A score. All those sacks were caused by the secondary not giving Harrington anything and making him hold onto the ball.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

only think i didnt really like some some of the play calling throughout the game and not always being able to get off the field on 3rd downs. against good teams, not being able to score until later, and not getting off the field on 3rd downs is going to hurt us.

jackson was good, but not great. he did miss some throws, but a couple of those deep balls he threw looked soooo good. obviously AD was there all day and was basiclly unstoppable. the def was solid and kluwe was really good.

oo another thing was the kick return game. we have to have a better option than wade
    We're bringing purple back.

minnesota is offline Rookie

good job by the defense today, but I don't expect our passing D to be that good all the time. Wait till we play a team with a real QB.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

It was preached but not practiced last year, but this game shows the evolution of the quality of play in the trenches. We got a consistent pass-rush on defense, with exemplary play from the Williams pair, Brian Robison and Ray Edwards. The offensive line didn't give up a sack, while a couple were saved by quick thinking from TJ by throwing the ball away; there was no backside pursuit on running plays, and aside from Birk's uncharacteristic bad-snap out of the shotgun, you can't say a bad word about the lines.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

We looked very solid today.

AD played great in Chester's stead....and we will have to wait one more week (maybe two?) to see how that duo will work together, but Peterson had a tremendous game. I thought I was watching Eric Dickerson out there.

Tarvaris played well, but made some dumb mistakes. That's alright though....he doesn't look lost. He's make the "young quarterback" errors (the wild throwaway and the wrong shoulder throw), but he doesn't
    look lost. He's decisive in his decision making and looks comfortable out there for the most part.

The o-line played very well too for most of the day.

The defense....well....I don't think I need to write anything about the D.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast