Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    freaky is offline Starter

Re: Official Post Game Comments and Observations

3 first downs is inexcusable. our wide receivers are so bad they cannot even get separation. tarvaris get's a reprieve in his first start, & i'm sure his decision making will improve. made some great throws tonight. the zone blocking in the run looked plain messy at times.

winfield, leber & the williams boys battled well but had little help on defense. we've simply got to get better pass rushers on the ends because at this level anyone can kill you with free time in the pocket to set up.

no offense, no pass defense, poor special teams, stupid penalties...
    no more vague interviews dodging issues...it's about time people were accountable for this mess

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

That was the worst football game that I have ever watched.
    It didn't help any that it was a terrible broadcast by the NFL Network.
    The sound was messed up, the picture kept cutting out, the Favre love was overwhelming (although they almost made it even with their Antoine love), they missed parts of plays, they called players by the wrong name and they didn't show a bunch of replay's that would have been helpful to see.

That offense was ridiculous.
    Tarvaris did a lot of good things, but they were either negated by penalties or drops.
    There were also a lot of things that he could have done much better with.
    We need new receivers, offensive linemen and a coordinator.

The defense looked good, and I'm glad Brett didn't get a TD, but he was pressured maybe two times, both by Ben Leber.

I'm so mad about this game.
    I'm going to punch a pillow.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    Awful QB play. Jackson is NOT ready by a long shot. I know everyone here thought Johnson was the problem but I'm telling you Jackson is not the answer. 2 more years at least. Brad could have won this one. But I guess we'll see WTF Jackson one more week. Hope we Find a free agent QB for next year. Maybe Shaub?
    Based on what?
    We have been in games like this all season long and Brad has lost them.

Alright, a few things...

First off, hire a new frickin play caller!!

Next, I think the fact that we had all new systems and everything, most of us fans may not have realized it would take a while.

Tarvaris played decent for having no one around him, I think if we can add a couple nice recievers, grab a nice OT, and somehow improve at MLB, we should have a decent offseason.
    BC is waaay to conservative to get anywhere...I know its the basis of the offense, but common!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Best play of the game was by Smooooooooooooooooooot with the Lamboo leap after the INT.
    lol

My only observation is WE SUCK

TJ had a total of 50 yrds passing 10/20.
    BJ could have done that.
    So for all you BJ haters and TJ is the messiah posters...........well now you know the problem with this team is not just the QB.

On the upside we get a better draft pick than the Packers do now. ;D

WWBGD

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

TJ did not play to terrible all things considering (the drops, his first game etc) and his arm did look good, and he played on par with Johnson, which is nothing to brag about. But, MAN did the play calling suck, I'm honestly speechless....And where is the Berserker Yell?

Guruzen is offline Starter

I was actually rooting for Favre and the Pack in this game... that's how bad things have become. Childress can't call plays to save himself... a frickin dink in the 2 minute drill?? Also the 3 points his playcalling cost us at the end of the first half.

His system SUCKS... you can't just blame the receivers for their drops when our offense has don't f*** all for the entire game against a GB defense that is mediocre at best. I only hope Favre doesn't retire because our rivalry with him is the only thing worth looking forward to each season now.

capackfan4lyfe87 is offline Training Camp

not here to brag(there isn't anything to brag about after watching that uh......"nfl football game")

ugly football by both teams. I think it was more of an embarrassing performance by the Packers. Vikings offense did absolutely nothing, only 3 first downs. Vikes with what? 11 penalties to Green Bay's 1? The game should have been over at halftime. Green Bay's ineptness allowed Minnesota to stay in the game and actually take the lead at one point!

embarrassing performance by both teams. Jeez, was all pumped up ready to watch a good game, don't get me wrong, I'm happy they won, but my god I wanted to gouge my eyes out after watching these 2 teams play.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Brad Childress should be fired. He has taken a decent team and turned it into a pathetic teams. He shouldnt be allowed to play calls because, quite frankly, he sucks at it. He has instilled no discipline whatsoever on his team. I wish to god ziggy would pay out his contract or whatever and fire him. And HC that puts that kind of team, that plays the way they played, should hang his head in shame.
    Take it easy there my friend.
    You don't fire a first year (deserving) head coach.
    I don't care how bad he sucks.
    If the Vikings don't improve next season, then you reconsider your options.

Childress knew that our season was all but over and he knew that a rookie QB in the elements against our arch-rival might produce poor results but, what better opportunity to see what this kid and the rest of the team is made of.

If I had to bet, I'd say this game will play a major part in deciding who stays and who goes.

Beyond that, I'd just like to say that I am sickened at the performance the Vikings put forth tonight and I really need to go lie down before I start to run amuck.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

What I think?....

T-Jack still is not ready for the starter position, (there is hope for later)
    there were to dang many penalties,
    and Childress sucks.
    I guess thats it for now.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast