Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Official Positive Thread

Alright, there's too much negativity on here.

I figured I'd try to change the tone just a bit. Because I have seen and thought of quite a few positives.

1) [size=18px]Culpepper is 1st, first in the NFL, the #1 quarterback in the league[/size] [size=7px]at turning the ball over.[/size]

2) We still have two games against the Packers, and one against the Browns. That's 3 guaranteed victories.

3) As bad as our offence played, we still outscored 15, that's right 15, baseball teams. (Only 3 of them would'be beat us!!!)

4) Brett Favre still sucks.

5) All my fantasy teams did really well! :grin:

6) If Culpepper continues to struggle, don't worry, Spergon Wynn is still available.

7) The Vikings would probably beat most of the teams in the CFL. (and maybe even NFL Europe too!)

and the final positive:

8) Mike Tice's contract is up at the end of the year! :lol: (possibly Cotrell's too!)

Thanks PPE for the sig.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Official Positive Thread

I'm positive ... I'm sick to my stomach after the last 2 Sundays. (and cause of these cheesy Burger King commercials)

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

M. Bennett 3 36 0 23
    M. Moore 8 29 0 14

Got some rushing yards

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Positives...... On defense i thought EJ Henderson played his best along with Pat Williams. Nobody else really made any noise or had a better than average game.

Offense... We took bennett out and put moore in, thats a good start it needs to remain that away. Marcus Johnson played better than last week. Williamson got in on some plays and Travis Taylor played really well for exept the one dropped pass.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I don't get why Bennett got pulled.. He committed only 2 fumbles.. Pep fumbled a few times.. Threw 5 picks.. Didn't even think about taking him out.. Bennett was having a great game besides the fumbles until he got pulled.. I was thinking the fumbles were from not playing all that much.. And 1 fumble was a team thing.. No one got blocked and he got leveled and the pass was wack

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I picked the Bengals to win in the Football Pool.

Thats a positve, right? :razz:

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Some positives...

Our punter still kicks ass.

Bennett did get some good runs before he was pulled for his fumbles.

Towards the end when Williamson caught that pass he showed us some of his moves and speed. Not sure if you guys remember that or not but it looked good.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

We had very few penalties called against us, the running game was improved, Erasmus & T-Will got in the game. Nice catch & run by T-Will.
    We actually got into the endzone instead of being shut out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I don't get why Bennett got pulled.. He committed only 2 fumbles.. Pep fumbled a few times.. Threw 5 picks.. Didn't even think about taking him out.. Bennett was having a great game besides the fumbles until he got pulled.. I was thinking the fumbles were from not playing all that much.. And 1 fumble was a team thing.. No one got blocked and he got leveled and the pass was wack
    Bennett is the main reason why we started off sh*ty on offense, he fumbled on two early drives, those drives resulting in point that gave the early lead the cinnci... Daunte was then pressured resulting in INT and all kinds of fun stuff! On all those drives things were going smoothing till the football started hitting the ground.

Blitzkrieg is offline Training Camp

1) [size=18px]Culpepper is 1st, first in the NFL, the #1 quarterback in the league[/size] [size=7px]at turning the ball over.[/size]

Lol, love the subtlety. Anywhoo, as hard as it is to pull any positives out of the massacre we just suffered, there were a few. As a couple people already mentioned, the running game WAS better today, it's just hard to showcase it when you're down by 30 plus points. Troy looked good, I wouldn't be surprised if he earned a starting job today. On defense, well, Offord played pretty well while he was in there. And as long as the injuries to A-Dub and Sharper aren't major, AND as long as the offense can muster a few sustained drives, I still think our defense will be quite formidable. It's really hard to say any of that after today, I think we just hit rock bottom. But the good news from that is there's only one direction to go from there, and it's up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast