Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    If anything good comes out of this games it's that both Ponder and Cassel got a chance to display their incompetence and Freeman will be the starter next week. I still don't understand why we put Cassel in instead of Freeman in the first place. What a mess.
    Well it was some progress just to finally a Viking starting QB that was failing sent to the bench, as for Cassel getting sent in there are some that voiced a concern over why or how he even lost his starting role......and I'm not overly confident in this current train wreck of a team that Freeman is going to look good at the position either.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Our problems are much deeper than just QB. I have come to the conclusion that a lot of it is coaching and game prep. How can the coaches not know that Ponder sucks when they watch him all week long in practice? Do they practice or just run around in tee shirts and shorts?

WWBGD

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Just to keep things in perspective though, for all of those who were calling RG3 a franchise QB, his team is only at 3-7 this year so it isn't like drafting him would have necessarily turned the franchise around and IMHO he has a long way to go to meet the hype that has been spun about him.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Cassel came in and showed why he isn't starting games for us.
    Also any team with a moderate passing game will beat us. All you have to do is throw it deep.
    I can't find myself agreeing.

Cassel's one pick bounced off the hands of somebody and was intercepted. Otherwise he threw a decent ball to Wright for his second TD (Granted, against backups).

He didn't play well, but it wasn't any worse than Ponder.

I want to see Freeman going forward.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Just to keep things in perspective though, for all of those who were calling RG3 a franchise QB, his team is only at 3-7 this year so it isn't like drafting him would have necessarily turned the franchise around and IMHO he has a long way to go to meet the hype that has been spun about him.
    Apparently defense is still important.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I can't find myself agreeing.

Cassel's one pick bounced off the hands of somebody and was intercepted. Otherwise he threw a decent ball to Wright for his second TD (Granted, against backups).

I want to see Freeman going forward.
    Sure, put in Freeman. I don't really care nor think it will matter, but we might as well take any lingering doubt out of our minds.

IMO, Cassell looked worse than Ponder when he came in.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    It's not that he is worse than Ponder it's just that he isn't really any better than Ponder. Maybe marginally better, but not enough to make a difference to this team.

WWBGD

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Not an RG3 fan myself, but Washington's 3-7 record is not all his fault. Their defense is about as bad as ours. Plus he is coming off the knee and probably won't be back physically and, more importantly, mentally until next season. He game is centered on being mobile and he is not a pure pocket passer by any stretch. Plus they've got coaching issues with Shannahan. In some ways they are a lot like the Vikings- poor QB play, no defense, lousy coaches, and a dipsh-t owner. As far as the Vikings are concerned, the rest of this season should be an audition to see who stays and who gets gone- most importantly Freeman.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Apparently defense is still important.
    If that is the case then are you willing to sit with the QB's we have going into next year if we bolster the defense?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If that is the case then are you willing to sit with the QB's we have going into next year if we bolster the defense?
    If we play freeman the rest of the year, and he shows a spark in an otherwise anemic passing attack, then id be more comfortable. I don't want to reach on a QB who in alot of other drafts wouldn't be a first round pick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast