Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: OFFICIAL NINERS POSTGAME THREAD

"VikingMike" wrote:
    As I was watching the replay on NFLN, I saw the last play for the nth time. But I noticed for the first time how Favre flipped the ball end-to-end in his right hand as he rolled out to the right after the snap. Did anyone else see this? I had never seen a QB do this before! Truthfully, I never really looked...but I thought this was pretty amazing to be so cool in a do-or-die situation.
    Yeah, he just spun it end for end. It was like, " well I have a little time to kill here while I'm evading rushers and waiting for my receivers to get down field; what shall i do? Maybe spin the ball around."

I couldn't believe it.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    As I was watching the replay on NFLN, I saw the last play for the nth time. But I noticed for the first time how Favre flipped the ball end-to-end in his right hand as he rolled out to the right after the snap. Did anyone else see this? I had never seen a QB do this before! Truthfully, I never really looked...but I thought this was pretty amazing to be so cool in a do-or-die situation.
    Yeah, he just spun it end for end. It was like, " well I have a little time to kill here while I'm evading rushers and waiting for my receivers to get down field; what shall i do? Maybe spin the ball around."

I couldn't believe it.
    I noticed that as well - but I think what he was doing was repositioning the ball after that initial pump fake.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

I couldn't believe it.
    I noticed that as well - but I think what he was doing was repositioning the ball after that initial pump fake.
    Yeah that was interesting....time to flip the ball to TD volume

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

I couldn't believe it.
    Yeah that was interesting....time to flip the ball to TD volume
    That's what I was thinking too........got to have the touchdown point forward.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

A couple cool videos of "the throw and catch" from a fan at the Dome.
    Pretty cool if you're like me and wish you were there to experience that play.

Brett Favre last second touchdown pass to Greg Lewis for Vikings win over 49ers

Vike fans after official review-Brett Favre to Greg Lewis touchdown
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    A couple cool videos of "the throw and catch" from a fan at the Dome.
    Pretty cool if you're like me and wish you were there to experience that play.
    Those were cool - surprised the NFL hasn't smacked 'em down off of YouTube yet.
    One of the greatest moments of my Viking fandom was being there for that.

Mars, of course, left early.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223