Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Re:OFFICIAL NFCCG POSTGAME THREAD

I posted this in the other thread, but it was locked:

These are the kinds of games that make me glad to be a Viking fan. If any other team did this, I would be just destroyed. Thankfully, I am used to this kind of collapse. When the Vikings were driving with 1:00 left in the game, I texted my friend and said "I'm curious as to how the Vikings will give this one away".

When it happened, I was mentally ready.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

BigOlHorns is offline Waterboy

Initial thoughts about this one.

- Fumbles were disastrous. Seemed like the ball was greased up before every possession. AP was completely off his game, maybe trying too hard. Berrian's fumble was due to fighting for extra yardage instead of just going down. Ditto for Harvin's.

- 12th man was killer. How do you bungle that in that situation? Terrible.

- Favre's INT was obviously a backbreaker. Him trying to be a hero. He played a good game for the most part, so this 1 play isn't indicative of his entire performance. But he had 10-15 yards to run. If he's too hurt to run, he had a man (I believe it was BB) on the sideline for a 5-7 yard pickup. Just flick it out there, he was wide open.

- Those 2 calls in OT were horrible. Yes, I know officiating doesn't win/lose games. But there isn't a human being alive on planet Earth that could have caught that pass interference ball. And Meachem's catch hit the ground pretty clearly. Are those calls made in Minnesota?

- NFL overtime is bogus. Just my opinion.

- Rice wasn't involved as much as I thought he would be.

- Despite all of that - hundreds of fumbles, 2 inside the 10, the disastrous INT, a hurt QB, a slow day for our Pro Bowl WR, playing in the loudest building in the NFL....we lost by 3 in overtime. I'm still proud of what this team accomplished. And this game doesn't change that.
    None

DREWBREEESS is offline Waterboy

A fantastic, great football game. The Vikings outplayed the Saints, but turnovers will kill you everytime.
    I hope Farve comes back next season. He is what makes the NFL great.
    I'm 49 years old. This is a dream come true!!! Good luck next season.
    None

DREWBREEESS is offline Waterboy

A fantastic, great football game. The Vikings outplayed the Saints, but turnovers will kill you everytime.
    I hope Farve comes back next season. He is what makes the NFL great.
    I'm 49 years old. This is a dream come true!!! Good luck next season.
    None

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

I actually think the roughing call was warranted,and thought there should have been one when Brett got hurt. QB's getting hit below the knees has drawin flags in in most other games this year. It sure as shit would have for that pansy Tom Brady. I am a huge Favre fan and usually somewhat of a favre appologist,I admit it. But I also admit tonight he screwed up on that last pick. But IMO it shouldn't have come to that,damn butterfinger Peterson lost them opps. I would have sat his ass on the bench. I feel had the rest of the team played as hard and with as much heart as Favre did tonight this would be a celebration thread.

I also don't think old number four will be back next year. I just have that feeling. Which is to bad because ther is NO ONE like him in the NFL,nor will there ever be again.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Tad7 wrote:
    Hopefully Favre makes his decision soon
    Im thinking about mid August

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Erinnn is offline Starter

As heartbreaking as it is, this loss was all on the players; you can't blame the coaching or refs for this one. Common sense will tell you that five fumbles and six turnovers won't win you anything. It was impressive that they managed to stay in the game with that many mistakes and almost no protection for Favre.

Luckily as Vikings fans we are all well-equipped to handle having hope stomped down and crushed in agonizing defeat.

It was a great season, and I'm still proud of these guys.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

The fog has lifted....memory is coming back.....can't wait for the 2009 season to start, with Jackson and Rosenfels vieing for the starting job. All is right in my world once again

VikingLance is offline Starter

Son of a Bitch.

Isn't it amazing that after 5 turnovers we Still should have won this game. What the hell happened on that last possession of regulation?

5 turnovers. 5 turnovers. 5 turnovers. 5 turnovers. 5 turnovers.

How in the hell does that happen?

We put ourselves into the position to have to rely on the officiating being right. God, I hate saying that we were screwed on a couple of calls, because I don't want to be that guy. I would have been happy if they were calling consistently with both teams. There is no way that was a completion. I don't think that the 4th down dive made it. Still, we put ourselves into that predicament. I guess I'm that guy.

Props to the Defense. They played a hell of a game.
    The offense dominated too. All they needed was to hang onto the ball.

This game with no turnovers would have been a blowout. I will give credit to the Saint's defense. They made the turnovers happen when it mattered.

Congratulations Vikings on a Fantastic Season. I hope Favre plays 1 more year with us.

SKOL VIKINGS.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

BigOlHorns wrote:
    Initial thoughts about this one.

- Fumbles were disastrous. Seemed like the ball was greased up before every possession. AP was completely off his game, maybe trying too hard. Berrian's fumble was due to fighting for extra yardage instead of just going down. Ditto for Harvin's.

- 12th man was killer. How do you bungle that in that situation? Terrible.

- Favre's INT was obviously a backbreaker. Him trying to be a hero. He played a good game for the most part, so this 1 play isn't indicative of his entire performance. But he had 10-15 yards to run. If he's too hurt to run, he had a man (I believe it was BB) on the sideline for a 5-7 yard pickup. Just flick it out there, he was wide open.

- Those 2 calls in OT were horrible. Yes, I know officiating doesn't win/lose games. But there isn't a human being alive on planet Earth that could have caught that pass interference ball. And Meachem's catch hit the ground pretty clearly. Are those calls made in Minnesota?

- NFL overtime is bogus. Just my opinion.

- Rice wasn't involved as much as I thought he would be.

- Despite all of that - hundreds of fumbles, 2 inside the 10, the disastrous INT, a hurt QB, a slow day for our Pro Bowl WR, playing in the loudest building in the NFL....we lost by 3 in overtime. I'm still proud of what this team accomplished. And this game doesn't change that.
    Meacham made that catch. It was pretty obvious. The ball can touch the ground if the receiver has control, and Meachem had the ball pinnned between his leg and hand. Good call by the refs. the PI was bs, but so were some of the calls against the saints too.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast