Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Re:OFFICIAL NFCCG POSTGAME THREAD

You'd think after watching Peterson's troubles of holding onto the ball while fighting for extra yards they'd know how costly not protecting the ball can be.

What's the use of fighting for an extra yard if you lose the ball in the process. I'll never forgive those three guys for that shit and I'll have a hard time cheering for them from here on out. That's unacceptable and just ridiculous.

the life of a Vikings fan. What a bunch of losers we are and ALWAYS will be. I hate the Vikings.
    None

Holmstrom wrote:
    You'd think after watching Peterson's troubles of holding onto the ball while fighting for extra yards they'd know how costly not protecting the ball can be.

What's the use of fighting for an extra yard if you lose the ball in the process. I'll never forgive those three guys for that shit and I'll have a hard time cheering for them from here on out. That's unacceptable and just ridiculous.

the life of a Vikings fan. What a bunch of losers we are and ALWAYS will be. I hate the Vikings.
    tell us how you really feel.

seriously, you need a beer or 20.

super seriously, being a viking fan does suck. but then you realize our team might suck, but all the other teams fans are a bunch of sallys. it takes cajones to be a vikes fan though.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach

Do we need to put anyone on suicide watch?

No doubt about it, this franchise is cursed, snake bitten, whatever you want to call it. 49 straight years of failure has to be called something, especially the way ours seem to end on a regular basis.

What were the odds that we would have to suffer through another NFCC loss like the one in '98, and so soon after? Ohhh that's right, this is the Vikings we're talking about.

The one thing I noticed about the 12 man thing, was it was just after a timeout, which makes it even more inexcusable, but the Vikes caught a bit of a break because they were trying to call another timeout to avoid the 12 man thing, but 2 consecutive timeouts would've been a 15yd penalty.

Knowing how things turned out, it doesn't matter now, but I nearly threw the remote through the TV thinking we were getting 15 for something as stupid as 2 consecutive timeouts.

tarpley_jim is offline Waterboy

My only thought for this game is that I hope that both Pat Williams and Brett Favre decide to not retire. This would mean that the only starter that would not return is Ray Edwards, unless he is re-signed.

When you have 5 turnovers and are still in the game, you have a talented team.

It is extremely rare to have this assortment of talent on a team on both sides of the ball and wasting it is a shame, but I think that luck just wasn't on the Vikings' side this year (Losing E.J. to that horrible injury, hamstring injury to Berrian that lingered all season, entire D-Line being injured in this game, Winfield breaking his foot early and being unable to have significant playing time in the playoffs, etc.)

The fact is that this team could come back better next year, if it remains intact.
    None

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I know everyone is hurting... I am too. It all comes down to turnovers... You can't cough it up in the NFL. I hate Chilly, but I thought offensively and defensively we dominated both ends. I had to say it was pure ballz to come out throwing the way we did and I liked it. Without Favre we are a 9-7 team this year. We could have put more pressure on Brees and near the end our guys were pretty banged up. Remember... Griffin was knocked out, Wingfield at 70% and 3/4 of our D line were probable coming in. No excuses! But in the end... It was a great year. I just wished we called tails...Tails never fails.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not one to use cliche's to get my point across, however, in this case, as I sit here getting ready to head into the comm closet for a 12 hour shift, that is all that is running through my brain.

As I ponder which one to choose, a few thoughts.....

For those of you who are experiencing a loss like this for the first time, get used to it. Its call being a fan. Every team, not just the Vikes, do it to thier fans. Us Vikings fans who have been here since the start of this can tell you, we just seem to loose alot of "Big ones". I bet there are alot of fans out there who would love to see thier team get to the Championship game or the SB. Means they had a team that was a legitimate team throughout the year.

For those of you who have been there and done that so many times, I feel for you my long suffering friends.

Anyway, cliche's still abound and I can't seem to narrow it down to just one, so here are a couple that top the list......

a. The team that wins the turnover battle wins the game.
    b. Lifes a bitch and then you die.

The ole Chiller and the FO pukes have improved this team each and every year.

When he first got here, everyone was worrying about LB'rs as being our weakness. Then it shifted to DE, quickly followed by WR's and then the QB.

Funny thing, we have increased our wins each and every year, have improved our starters at every position, seen some great young rooks step in when starters go down (equates to depth) and we almost made it to the big dance this year.

We have a ownership group who wants to give us a winner, a FO who seems to have a clue on how to work the CAP and a scouting staff who seems to know what type of players the coaches need to make the team better.

Having said all that, and if the future might still seem bleak to most of you, I will leave you with one last cliche that I seem to use alot this time of year........

c. .........Next year Baby........... (Lots of smiley faces)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Eldin wrote:
    Refs make mistakes, but this game was not one-sided enough to warrant complaints.

For example, the roughing the passer on Favre was a really, really weak call. Incidentally, karma came through on that drive and he ended up throwing an INT anyway.

The pass interference in over time was a bad call that went against us. It was a desperation throw, ball was un-catchable, didn't seem to be that much contact anyway.

But it shouldn't have come to that . . .
    It was that he lifted him up & drove him into the carpet that warranted the flag. How soon people forget how many times JA was flagged for & fined for lesser hits on a QB.

IMO, there should have been more roughing the passer flags than what there were, based on how we & other teams have been flagged for it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Eldin wrote:
    Refs make mistakes, but this game was not one-sided enough to warrant complaints.

For example, the roughing the passer on Favre was a really, really weak call. Incidentally, karma came through on that drive and he ended up throwing an INT anyway.

The pass interference in over time was a bad call that went against us. It was a desperation throw, ball was un-catchable, didn't seem to be that much contact anyway.

But it shouldn't have come to that . . .
    It was that he lifted him up & drove him into the carpet that warranted the flag. How soon people forget how many times JA was flagged for & fined for lesser hits on a QB.

IMO, there should have been more roughing the passer flags than what there were, based on how we & other teams have been flagged for it.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Lastly, if you're going to say "hahaha, I was right, Favre cost us, I'd consider waiting a few days. You will not get a nice response, and i'm sure multiple people here will no longer be members"
    Do you actually believe that if people blame Favre for costing us the game with that last pick (ala the way TJ was blamed enmasse for his one pick in last years playoff game) that multiple people are going to leave the site?

skum wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Hopefully Favre makes his decision soon
    Im thinking about mid August
    Would that be your guess to his first decision or his second one?

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast