Page 1 of 34 123 11 ... LastLast
    Harvin1211 is offline Waterboy

Re:OFFICIAL NFCCG POSTGAME THREAD

Absolutely sickening.

Rants:

- Hold onto the damn ball AD, Percy and Bernard!!!!
    - PROTECT THE QB, Favre was getting tee'd off on.
    - Childress is perhaps the worst coach when it matters most. How the hell do you manage to screw up the last 1:30 of that game? Jesus, Favre's INT was bad but we were way out of field goal range anyway. Atrocious.
    - Another NFC Championship, another loss, another long off-season and a heart-broken fan... this one hurts.
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers - without them we would have killed the Saints

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Tough game. All I can say now.

I don't blame Favre for this one. I don't blame the refs, either.

I blame that twelfth guy in the huddle. We shouldn't have had to throw at all. I blame Peterson, Harvin, and Berrian for fumbling. We should've been ahead at that point, running down the clock. It shouldn't have had to come down to an alleged pass interference on a ball that Goliath couldn't have pulled down, where he tripped over his own feet anyway. We'd have won if we'd played better - period.

This one...hurts. Being a Vikings fan never gets easier. I really hope Brett comes back next year - we'll never make it this far with Tarvaris Jackson. I just can't take having to wait another ten years for a contender. Not again.

Come on, Saints - at least have the decency to let us say we took the CHAMPS to the wire, and held the CHAMPS to 77 yards in the second half.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

EvilKokonut is offline Waterboy

i am hurting so much right now... that is all.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm going to say very little, otherwise I'll get banned.

Good game for the most part. Our offense played well, defense played very well as well.

DL did an alright job of getting in Bree's face. I saw numerous times that they had a TE or RB stay in to help out with Allen. that means one fewer guy out running a route.

having said that, you know exactly what's coming

I took the liberty of pre-censoring the next paragraph for those with gentle ears (eyes).

**** Peterson, that ****ing ****. Learn to hold the ****ing football. Learn to take a ****ing handoff. This is ****ing rediculous. and, if thats not enough, Harvin decides to be a ****ing hero, then Berrian, then Peterson some more. Holy ****ing ****.

Favre: Gave it his all. The one throw was ****ed, they teach you, NEVER roll right and throw left. my ****. Having said that. I was actually extremely impressed with how he was peeling himself off the turf almost every play, but kept at it. I'd love to have him back next season, He's still got it. With TJ, we're not even in the NFCC.

Really, not much to say that everyone here doesn't know. You CAN NOT fumble 6 times and expect to win. We played well enough, that we were lucky to be tied at the end of the game. at least 2/3 turnovers in field goal range, one score and we win. as easy as that. I hope they make Peterson run nothing but ball carrying drills ALL offseason for 5 hours a day. its just rediculous.

Lastly, if you're going to say "hahaha, I was right, Favre cost us, I'd consider waiting a few days. You will not get a nice response, and i'm sure multiple people here will no longer be members"

Eldin is offline Training Camp

This IS sickening.

I feel bad for the guys because they played their hearts out and were in a position to win. Every time it looked like the game might get out of hand, the Vikings responded by remaining calm.

Favre was amazing this year. His toughness is inhuman. But that throw cost the team the game--not doubt about it.

Then again, 12 men in the huddle was ridiculous . . .

Props to the defense. AMAZING play against the NFL's best offense. I feel bad for them. They deserved to win.

The fumbles sucked, but I was impressed by how the team never crumbled.

Yep. This is the life of a Viking fan. I love this franchise, but it is cursed.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

If you think the refs did anything to the outcome, you should go take a timeout in the corner. No room for that kind of drivel right now.

Webby wrote:
    If you think the refs did anything to the outcome, you should go take a timeout in the corner. No room for that kind of drivel right now.
    Yup. My response to that is always "If we'd played better, it wouldn't have come to that in the first place."
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

Physically in pain.

T/O's did us in.

Brett forced that last one, but he was hit way too much.

no sacks, very little pressure -Never heard from Jared Allen.

That ball was on the Carpet!!

4th down play was crap!

Hurts.

Page 1 of 34 123 11 ... LastLast