Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Official Help Infidel Learn the Players Thread

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Great idea Marr!

Although this element is not really on the field, I think it is important to point out it's role:

The Fantasy Football/Madden/Ill-informed Nerd

This person usually does not watch the games. They get all their info from the boxscore on ESPN.com or just watch a few chosen highlights and analysis from Sportscenter.

To them, winning in Fantasy trumps winning in reality.

They are generally over arguementative to others they encounter in social environments...especially football forums.

(See Below)

Theres the old Hammer.........

Top shelf my friend. Top shelf indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Marr, you got way too much time on your hands bro...either that or you have an assistant publisher :lol:

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

MaxVike wrote:
    Marr, you got way too much time on your hands bro...either that or you have an assistant publisher :lol:
    Its a half day around here and I'm in charge. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro - you are one hell of a nice guy. You just moved up on the ole "Hell of a NIce Guy" spreadsheet :laugh:
    .....snicker.......

Seriously though. Gonna have some fun with the infidel but I think this will turn into a good thread.

I can't wait until Monday when I break down the OL play and help him (and Singer) understand that it isn't the OL that is struggling.

If everyone watches the game this weekend with an eye to what the Deadskins do with respect to gap control and how they will flood those gaps, they will see that its a numbers game.

Usually our 5 OLmen against 7 and 8 defenders flooding the gaps with stunts (new term for a crossbuck :laugh: ) and shifts designed to get a OLmen on a LB or a S and a RB/FB on a DE/DT.

In short, the Ain'ts showed what our weakness is. A QB that isn't mobile. All they have to do is flood those gaps, give the blockers a bit of a twist and go to the spot the Noodle is always at (usually a 3 or 5 step drop spot).

He isn't gonna scramble or move and is always gonna be there. If they can handle our WR's off the line for a split second longer than normal, they will get to that spot before the Noodle releases the ball.

Again, can't wait until I go into that with him. B)
    I hate to break it to you my good friend but the OL have had problems. From frequent penalties to acting like turnstyles. We've all seen it. I know you like to blame everything on Favre and by all means he shares A LOT of the blame. He has been inaccurate this year even when he does have time. However, the line has caused a lot of the rushed passes, fumbles and let's face it, some of the INTs as well. Their penalties have forced the team into 3rd and long situations.

I don't care how many people they have to go up against. Yes there will be times when blitzing players will get through. There will be times when an OL is over played by a DL. But let's face the facts that the Viking OL as a whole downright stinks. They have since the early 2000s. Last year Favre was able to handle it better than he has this year. His lack of sacks this year compared to last is more due to his bad decisions whereas last year he just simply took sacks.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Its too bad we never took the time to make a post like this for ol' chilly. I think he clicked on the eagles by mistake.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Two odd things here.

1. I have never had any trouble telling the difference between Webb and Jackson. Mardro made that up.

2. Mardro is obsessing about me.

Why is he so focused on me that he's willing to create these huge posts about nothing?

We are now seeing a new Mardro. The funny guy who gave us so many laughs has turned into a deranged stalker.

Thanks for all the attention, I guess.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro - you are one hell of a nice guy. You just moved up on the ole "Hell of a NIce Guy" spreadsheet :laugh:
    .....snicker.......

Seriously though. Gonna have some fun with the infidel but I think this will turn into a good thread.

I can't wait until Monday when I break down the OL play and help him (and Singer) understand that it isn't the OL that is struggling.

If everyone watches the game this weekend with an eye to what the Deadskins do with respect to gap control and how they will flood those gaps, they will see that its a numbers game.

Usually our 5 OLmen against 7 and 8 defenders flooding the gaps with stunts (new term for a crossbuck :laugh: ) and shifts designed to get a OLmen on a LB or a S and a RB/FB on a DE/DT.

In short, the Ain'ts showed what our weakness is. A QB that isn't mobile. All they have to do is flood those gaps, give the blockers a bit of a twist and go to the spot the Noodle is always at (usually a 3 or 5 step drop spot).

He isn't gonna scramble or move and is always gonna be there. If they can handle our WR's off the line for a split second longer than normal, they will get to that spot before the Noodle releases the ball.

Again, can't wait until I go into that with him. B)
    I hate to break it to you my good friend but the OL have had problems. From frequent penalties to acting like turnstyles. We've all seen it. I know you like to blame everything on Favre and by all means he shares A LOT of the blame. He has been inaccurate this year even when he does have time. However, the line has caused a lot of the rushed passes, fumbles and let's face it, some of the INTs as well. Their penalties have forced the team into 3rd and long situations.

I don't care how many people they have to go up against. Yes there will be times when blitzing players will get through. There will be times when an OL is over played by a DL. But let's face the facts that the Viking OL as a whole downright stinks. They have since the early 2000s. Last year Favre was able to handle it better than he has this year. His lack of sacks this year compared to last is more due to his bad decisions whereas last year he just simply took sacks.
    Let me ask you the question no one wants to answer this week.

The Noodle got sacked 1 time and was hit/knocked down 4 times in the first quarter against the PUKERS. What happened the rest of the game?

Additionally, just as a point of clarification, when you think hit do you thing before the throw or after the throw?

As to the sacks. Even as imobile as our QB is, he isn't getting sacked anymore (6.0%) than a middle of the road team is with the best being 3.7%, worst being 10.3 (NFL avg 6.3)

Football Outsiders Stats OL

Again, I think people get confused when they see the QB get hit and even sacked at time, when it comes to who had what role in that protection.

By the way, that includes the QB's role in reading the defense right and evading the rush at times. Very few QB's have the luxury of just standing back there in the pocket, waiting for a reciever to clear, without getting hit/knocked down.

Additionally, I don't agree with you that the OL caused INT's mostly cause it gets back to the basics of the game for me.

Its the QB's job to take the player package sent in by the coaches, along with the play options, and make the right read as he gets to the line.

If they are bringing it then he should adjust a WR for a hot read and he/along with the C should adjust the blocking scheme accordingly.

If you think that rationale is me trying to put all the blame on the Noodle, then I guess you are right, but for me, its not that. Its, again, the basics of the game.

Like it or not, the Noodle has the option to check out of a play into another play. He is either not willing to do that this year (especially when it comes to checking into a run when a blitz comes) cause he wants to pad his passing stats or he is getting confused by what the defense is showing cause this team clearly looks like it is running a play that the defense expects.

Infidel wrote:
    Two odd things here.

1. I have never had any trouble telling the difference between Webb and Jackson. Mardro made that up.
    You admitted to getting confused cause they didn't show the numbers.

2. Mardro is obsessing about me.

Why is he so focused on me that he's willing to create these huge posts about nothing?

We are now seeing a new Mardro. The funny guy who gave us so many laughs has turned into a deranged stalker.

Thanks for all the attention, I guess.

Obsessed? I don't agree. Are you my new focus of fun? Possibly.

On a side note, your not allowed to argue in this thread. Only to discuss the lesson at hand.

Mardro said:

You admitted to getting confused cause they didn't show the numbers.
    No, I never said anything remotely like that.

Why would I?

I've actually been quite interested in Webb's talents since the exhibition games and I've always known his number is #14.

I've also always thought it was quite ironic that the the number of the decidedly UNlucky Jackson is SEVEN.

So.....unless you can give me link to a post where I said that......you're screwed.
    --John Wooden

Mardro said:

Obsessed? I don't agree.
    Yes......this would appear to be another proof that the insane person is always the last to find out.
    --John Wooden

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast