Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Official Help Infidel Learn the Players Thread

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1079585
    Ultravikingfan said:

Marr would be the last person on this site to insult anyone.

If you have such superior thinking skills that you claim to have...you would already know this.

This thread was created to educate you...not slam.
    Now you're getting ridiculous.

The thread is an insult to me and is clearly intended to encourage others to join in and ridicule me.

Some have.....including you.

Mardro lied about me being unable to tell Webb from Jackson and tried to use that to ridicule me.

If you can't see that, then maybe I actually DO have superior thinking skills.

By the way.....your use of "Duh" to me is another insult.

Like I said, if you want me to leave, I will....if not, at least try to be honest and quit with the childish insults.
    How did I lie. I actually went back and dug up your post, which by the way, I very seldom do.

Comeon my friend. Its OK. Just hang in there. You'll be OK.

Again, still haven't found your answers to the homework.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1079586
    jr said:

Infidel, you usually tell me I'm wrong, but I don't mind being wrong all that much. I was right up until the day I got married. Now I'm always wrong. However I was right again for two weeks this year when my wife took a vacation by herself
    Well, you have to remember that when I tell you you're wrong it only means that 'I THINK' you're wrong.

I could be wrong about that.....it HAS happened occasionally.

Sometimes I wonder if any of us are right.....it seems football games are full of surprises.
    Infidel, if you don't learn anything from this thread its OK, but try take one thing from it.....

Its not who's write and who's wrong. Its about the discussion.

You quit trying to prove everyone wrong all the time and I am sure you will have a better time on here.

Again, still nothing football related out of you yet. I can see I am going to have to give you extra work this week.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[quote="ejmat" #1079604]Infidel wrote:
    EJmat said:

As Ultra stated before Marrdro is one of the last people to insult anyone. But please don't pull the "I'm so insulted" scheme. My honest opinion is you pretty much get what you deserve. jrjohn mentioned before this is a site for entertainment. We are all for that. But it's really about your attitude in which cut people wrong. I have had debates with just about everyone on PPO. We aren't always going to agree. But you have made a habit of calling others names and stating they are flat out wrong just because hey have a different opinion than you. Let's not get out of hand by saying you articulate things well. A lot of the times you don't and then you insult people. Yet you take a fun thread personally as if Marrdro just called you the worst name in the book.

My suggestion to you is have good football discussions without insulting others and using narcissistic verbiage. The "ridiculing" will cease and this site can be used exactly how Webby planned it to. But if you want to continue to insult others and post the way you do then be ready for more of these type of threads.

I for one would rather you stay. Everyone deserves to voice their opinion. When you can voice your opinion without acting like you are superior to others (especially when you are far from it) then the site will be a lot more fun for you. The only way it wouldn't is if you just want to bait others as Ultra points out and you get a thrill out of riling people up.
    Excellent post my friend.

By the way, you get a star for this week. Well you and JR as you two are the only ones who brought anything football related to the discussion.

Top shelf my friend, top shelf indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by "purplepride2010" #1079793
    I belong to other forums that are not football related. There is always one or more forum members who like to get others pissed off. They thrive on the attention they get when pretending to be someone they are not. These people NEED this attention as they typically do not get it in real life(face to face away from a keyboard).
    Welcome to the site my friend.

I think you will find, that for the most part, this site has very few members of that ilk and the ones that do show up, either leave in a tizzy or finally figure things out and stick around for a long time.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1080215
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1079496
    Marrdro wrote:
    I've been picking on the Infidel cause he didn't know the difference between Joe Webb and Tarvaris Jackson.

That kindof made me feel bad. What with it being the holiday season, I thought I should offer some sort of a peace offering as a means to apologize.

Having said that, what I am gonna do for my good friend the Infidel is along the lines of helping him out instead of picking on him.

I thought it would be nice if we helped him learn not only the team, but to highlight some good stuff on the game like who plays what position, were they line up so that he actually knows who he is hacking on when he throws out his one line jabs....

Heck, even though he is abit slow, I think, with everyones help, we could eventually get him up to snuff on Offensive Line blocking schemes, Gap Assignements, Wide reciever route tree etc etc etc.

Having said all that, here are the guidelines I would like to follow. We don't want to overload him so lets take it slow. We will work on one position each day. We will show him pictures of those players and give him the basics of thier responsibilities in the scheme we run (or we think we run).

I will start........

QB.

They are the most important piece of the offense. Heck, some would say the whole team. It is thier responsibility to get the play (usually its more than one) from the sideline, tell it to the players in the huddle, get them team to the line, make an intitial pre-snap read (which adjusts the RB's, WR's and in some instances the TE). He can also adjust what the Center calls in his pre-snap read.

The Vikings carry 3 QB's.

The Noodle. He wears number 4.

Tarvaris Jackson. He wears number 7

Joe Webb. He wears number 14

The Noodle is the starter. You can find him on the field with very little effort as he usually lines up behind the middle of the guys on offense that bend over all the time.
    Can you post a link that explains why you draw up a set that has 12 guys on offense and 12 on defense?

Is that part of the KAO scheme that we have been missing? :woohoo:
    Not sure what your talking about. I've done it several times before and will probably do it again. Gotta be more specific with the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1079442
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    But, if the O-line does its job in pass protection, the QB doesn't have to 'move off his spot', he just needs to step up in the pocket and throw.
    So you think that in an alignment like this, the QB doesn't have the responsibility to move?
    ................S

.....OLB...S......MLB...S.....OLB
    CB....DE......DT....DT.....DE.......CB
    WR.....LT....LG...C...RG....RT......WR
    ......TE.........QB...........TE

.................RB
    .................FB

You know he is supposed to read the stunt, possibly two of them and with that 22 package he should also change the TE, possibly both TE's blocking assignment when he adjusts the WR and Backs assignments right?

In most instances that means some sort of movement by the QB to vacate the pocket that will be collapsed, no matter how well the OL picks it up.

Long story short, we saw this in the NFFC game and have been seeing nothing but that since. The onus is on the QB to not only make the right line call, but to get out of the pocket if necessary if he elects to pass out of this look.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mark_The_Viking" #1079876
    Just read this whole thread and have come to the conclusion that Infidel is a well educated and articulate 5 year old.

Marr, you should know better than to tease children.
    Be nice. How are we to make a viable assett out of the Infidel if we don't cut him a bit of slack.

Besides, I know several 5 year olds who know the game pretty damn well.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1079888
    Quote Originally Posted by "BadlandsVikings" #1079668
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1079656
    Mardro ran for cover after his 12-man football formations came out.

Glass houses.

Marty doesnt run from anything
    No but he likes to put 12 men on the field. Can we lock this pathetic thread now?
    Were did I do that at? I know I've done it several times before but can't remember doing of late. LOL :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1080240
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1080215
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1079496
    Marrdro wrote:
    I've been picking on the Infidel cause he didn't know the difference between Joe Webb and Tarvaris Jackson.

That kindof made me feel bad. What with it being the holiday season, I thought I should offer some sort of a peace offering as a means to apologize.

Having said that, what I am gonna do for my good friend the Infidel is along the lines of helping him out instead of picking on him.

I thought it would be nice if we helped him learn not only the team, but to highlight some good stuff on the game like who plays what position, were they line up so that he actually knows who he is hacking on when he throws out his one line jabs....

Heck, even though he is abit slow, I think, with everyones help, we could eventually get him up to snuff on Offensive Line blocking schemes, Gap Assignements, Wide reciever route tree etc etc etc.

Having said all that, here are the guidelines I would like to follow. We don't want to overload him so lets take it slow. We will work on one position each day. We will show him pictures of those players and give him the basics of thier responsibilities in the scheme we run (or we think we run).

I will start........

QB.

They are the most important piece of the offense. Heck, some would say the whole team. It is thier responsibility to get the play (usually its more than one) from the sideline, tell it to the players in the huddle, get them team to the line, make an intitial pre-snap read (which adjusts the RB's, WR's and in some instances the TE). He can also adjust what the Center calls in his pre-snap read.

The Vikings carry 3 QB's.

The Noodle. He wears number 4.

Tarvaris Jackson. He wears number 7

Joe Webb. He wears number 14

The Noodle is the starter. You can find him on the field with very little effort as he usually lines up behind the middle of the guys on offense that bend over all the time.
    Can you post a link that explains why you draw up a set that has 12 guys on offense and 12 on defense?

Is that part of the KAO scheme that we have been missing? :woohoo:
    Not sure what your talking about. I've done it several times before and will probably do it again. Gotta be more specific with the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1079442
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    But, if the O-line does its job in pass protection, the QB doesn't have to 'move off his spot', he just needs to step up in the pocket and throw.
    So you think that in an alignment like this, the QB doesn't have the responsibility to move?
    ................S

.....OLB...S......MLB...S.....OLB
    CB....DE......DT....DT.....DE.......CB
    WR.....LT....LG...C...RG....RT......WR
    ......TE.........QB...........TE

.................RB
    .................FB

You know he is supposed to read the stunt, possibly two of them and with that 22 package he should also change the TE, possibly both TE's blocking assignment when he adjusts the WR and Backs assignments right?

In most instances that means some sort of movement by the QB to vacate the pocket that will be collapsed, no matter how well the OL picks it up.

Long story short, we saw this in the NFFC game and have been seeing nothing but that since. The onus is on the QB to not only make the right line call, but to get out of the pocket if necessary if he elects to pass out of this look.
    Hahhhhh, that is a good one.

Again, I've done it lots of times before and I will do it again. Doesn't mean my point is flawed......B)

OK, before we move on to RB's, we have to close out the homework aspect of the thread.........

To refresh your memory, here are the questions, with my observations. Feel free to chime in/discuss as you see fit.....

Protecting the Quarterback

1. What schemes did we use to protect the QB. Not to trying to confuse the issue, but I think we need to highlight not only what we used for pass protection but in the running game as well. Some people still think we suck at pass protection because we use the Zone Blocking scheme.

Kindof muddies the waters when we do that because, as usual, we used traditional "Manup" in pass protection as well as the ZB scheme for running.

The ZBing scheme has nothing to do with pass protection.

2. Who were the "Hot" recievers. - I don't think we had alot of opportunities to identify "Hot" recievers this week. Mostly because of the staffs desire to move the Noodle off his spot a bit more than we have seen this year. Even though he rolled out alot last year, we haven't seen very much of it until this weekend.

Anyway, because he rolled out, there was clearly a designated primary and secondary reciever on that side of the rollout which kindof elimnates the need for a hot read.

3. Were the QB's throws on time? - For the most part yes, however, there were 3 instances were the reciever had turned and was looking for the ball only to have the ball knocked down by the defender.

Going back to the stuff I posted on the first page, the scheme calls for the ball to be there as the reciever makes his break, not after he does.

4. Were the QB's throws on target? - Again, for the most part yes. I only charted 4 balls that were thrown off target. 2 of them should be considered as deep throws.

5. Did the QB make the right defensive read? - I charted 2 instances were I thougth he made a bad read. Both ended in sacks with one of them coming from the LDE who came all the way around and got it from the RDE side. Clearly the Noodle didn't see that coming or he would have thrown the ball away.

Again, feel free to chime in with your observations.........

On to the RB's.

I am going to go ahead and slip the FB's into this discussion if you guys/gals don't mind as I think they should be part of the discussion.

Adrian Peterson - He is our primary RB and is seeing a bit bigger role this year. Even though he is already over 1,000 yards rushing this year, he has seen a bigger role coming as he stays in on more 3rd down situations that I expected this year and is having a nice year recieving the ball.
    One knock on him is that he still struggles a bit with pass protection, but I think he is defineately getting better at it.

AD's strenght in this scheme is that he is a pure, 1 cut back which fits our ZB scheme to a perfection. If I could change one thing about him though, I would have him slow down no his cut a bit more which would allow the blocking to develop in front of him a bit more often.

Albert Young - Kindof the lost man in the scheme. I really thought this would be a breakout year for him, but with the emergence of Toby, he has become expendable on the roster.

Toby Gerhart - Most don't like the kid, atleast leading up to this week. I, on the other hand, really like his no nonsense punishing style of running. Does he get the big yards AD gets, not to date, but I love that he chews up chunks of yards when we need someone to do it.

Nothing more demoralizing that having to chase AD all game, only to see Toby come in late in the game and pound you as the clock goes away.

As he gets more reps, I look to see him continue to take 3rd down reps from AD, and even, dare I say, get a bit better at getting bigger chunks per carry as he gets used to the blockers in front of him.

Jeff Dugan - More of a H-back than a FB IMHO. Not alot of flash but when he is needed, he almost always comes through.

Naufahu Tahi - Our only true FB on the active roster. I am 100% convinced this is a wasted roster spot as the role of the FB has pretty much gone away over the last 2 or 3 years. Mix that in with AD's lack of support for a FB in front of him and I think you could use this roster spot for something else.

Anyways, Tahi is a average blocker at best and typically gets lost in the pile that is the OL as AD opts to go the opposite direction.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast