Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Official Marrdro Tries To Help Thread

I've been picking on the Infidel cause he didn't know the difference between Joe Webb and Tarvaris Jackson.

That kindof made me feel bad. What with it being the holiday season, I thought I should offer some sort of a peace offering as a means to apologize.

Having said that, what I am gonna do for my good friend the Infidel is along the lines of helping him out instead of picking on him.

I thought it would be nice if we helped him learn not only the team, but to highlight some good stuff on the game like who plays what position, were they line up so that he actually knows who he is hacking on when he throws out his one line jabs....

Heck, even though he is abit slow, I think, with everyones help, we could eventually get him up to snuff on Offensive Line blocking schemes, Gap Assignements, Wide reciever route tree etc etc etc.

Having said all that, here are the guidelines I would like to follow. We don't want to overload him so lets take it slow. We will work on one position each day. We will show him pictures of those players and give him the basics of thier responsibilities in the scheme we run (or we think we run).

I will start........

QB.

They are the most important piece of the offense. Heck, some would say the whole team. It is thier responsibility to get the play (usually its more than one) from the sideline, tell it to the players in the huddle, get them team to the line, make an intitial pre-snap read (which adjusts the RB's, WR's and in some instances the TE). He can also adjust what the Center calls in his pre-snap read.

The Vikings carry 3 QB's.

The Noodle. He wears number 4.

Tarvaris Jackson. He wears number 7

Joe Webb. He wears number 14

The Noodle is the starter. You can find him on the field with very little effort as he usually lines up behind the middle of the guys on offense that bend over all the time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: The Official Help Infidel Learn the Players Thread

Offensive Scheme.

I'm not sure what it will be now that we have a new HC, but I assume they will opt to stay with the same scheme that everyone is used to.

If that is the case, then we run one of the many variations of the WCO.

Here are a few links that are interesting reads:

a. Before the Infidel can understand what the QB's role is, he must know the 3 basic principles that surround the scheme/variation of the offense.

The Main Principles of the WCO

b. The QB's role in the scheme.
    Quarterbacks in the WCO
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

We will use the following "Playbook" as the base for all the rest of our instructions for the Infidel.

West Coast Offense Playbook

Sometime following the deadskins game, I will be having a quiz for the Infidel. It will be based on the following information he is supposed to watch during the game......

Protecting the Quarterback

1. What schemes did we use to protect the QB.

2. Who were the "Hot" recievers.

3. Were the QB's throws on time?

4. Were the QB's throws on target?

5. Did the QB make the right defensive read?

That should be enough for today. Feel free to add any type of information with respect to the Vikings Scheme, QB's and Role they have in the scheme we run.

Again, we don't want to overload him to much.

My guess, he doesn't get 2 right out of the 5 listed above, but he seems to be a smart fella. Each week I assume he will get better with our help. B)

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro - you are one hell of a nice guy. You just moved up on the ole "Hell of a NIce Guy" spreadsheet :laugh:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Great idea Marr!

Although this element is not really on the field, I think it is important to point out it's role:

The Fantasy Football/Madden/Ill-informed Nerd

This person usually does not watch the games. They get all their info from the boxscore on ESPN.com or just watch a few chosen highlights and analysis from Sportscenter.

To them, winning in Fantasy trumps winning in reality.

They are generally over arguementative to others they encounter in social environments...especially football forums.

(See Below)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He really got under your skin huh?

dfosterf is offline Coach

Marr finally cracked under the sheer weight of the absurdity. :P

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro - you are one hell of a nice guy. You just moved up on the ole "Hell of a NIce Guy" spreadsheet :laugh:
    .....snicker.......

Seriously though. Gonna have some fun with the infidel but I think this will turn into a good thread.

I can't wait until Monday when I break down the OL play and help him (and Singer) understand that it isn't the OL that is struggling.

If everyone watches the game this weekend with an eye to what the Deadskins do with respect to gap control and how they will flood those gaps, they will see that its a numbers game.

Usually our 5 OLmen against 7 and 8 defenders flooding the gaps with stunts (new term for a crossbuck :laugh: ) and shifts designed to get a OLmen on a LB or a S and a RB/FB on a DE/DT.

In short, the Ain'ts showed what our weakness is. A QB that isn't mobile. All they have to do is flood those gaps, give the blockers a bit of a twist and go to the spot the Noodle is always at (usually a 3 or 5 step drop spot).

He isn't gonna scramble or move and is always gonna be there. If they can handle our WR's off the line for a split second longer than normal, they will get to that spot before the Noodle releases the ball.

Again, can't wait until I go into that with him. B)

Purple Floyd wrote:
    He really got under your skin huh?
    Quite the opposite I think. You know I live for a discussion, any kindof discussion.

dfosterf wrote:
    Marr finally cracked under the sheer weight of the absurdity. :P
    HAH.......quit cracking me up.

Take a look, although its a bit fun, it does have some real football stuff in here that even a few of you PUKER fans could learn from. :laugh: :P

Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast