Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The Official Jamarca Sanford Fan Club

Its time to put Tyrell Johnson to the bench. I'm 100% sick of this guy. Jamarca Sanford actually played good vs Cincy. He is 24 years old so it isnt like he is one of these 21 or 22 year old rookies and was a 4 year starter in college. At the comine he ran a 4.5 40 yard dash, did 29 reps on the bench press 2nd highest among DB's. He was also the SEC's leading tackler over his career in college.

I just went over Tyrell Johnson's college highlight film and you can watch it yourself, but there isnt 1 time this guy makes a solo tackle in open space on the whole video. He's terrible and it makes no sense that he should play over Jamarca Sanford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-g0WS8yQxE

or imagine if we didn't let Darren Sharper go to the Saints. If you take Sharper off the Saints and put him on our team this year we would have the #1 seed locked up already..... sad but true
    None

Big C2 is offline Training Camp

Re:The Official Jamarca Sanford Fan Club

Sign me up buddy! I just need a safety who can tackle. I'm not giving up on TJ, but he is not playing solid football right now. He needs to step up.

Our defense is geared to stop the run so we need the Safeties to play physical can fill in the gaps. TJ takes some bad angles to the gaps and doesn't wrap up sometimes when he gets there. We have nothing to lose by starting Sanford instead.

As for Sharper, he would be a definite upgrade over TJ but I don't think he would have the same impact as with the saints. I don't know the technical terms for it but I think our defense is a role playing defense and it doesn't allow Sharper to free-lance as much as the current Saints defense does.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Something to ponder as you wish for Sharp back again....

Why didn't he have the productivity for us that he is having now with the Saints?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:

Why didn't he have the productivity for us that he is having now with the Saints?
    still take him off the saints and they have at least 2 less wins. and we have at least 1 more
    None

http://www.twincities.com/ci_14060261?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Jamarca will be ready to play monday
    None

ChesterTheMolester wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

still take him off the saints and they have at least 2 less wins. and we have at least 1 more
    I don't know about the 1 more for us. I was 100% convinced he had lost a step or two, when in fact he just didn't fit the scheme.

Down there in that scheme, they seem to be able to plug guys in the secondary and get production out of them right off the streets so maybe not 2 wins either, even though the scheme seems to be a perfect fit for him.

I think it would be real interesting to watch a few more games were the Saints aren't leading by 100 bazillion points which forces them into a 1 dimensional offensive attack (passing) were Sharp is forced to play the run more. I can think of two games that I've watched were that happened and he looked like shit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ChesterTheMolester wrote:
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_14060261?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Jamarca will be ready to play monday
    Thanks for the read my friend.....

Then, in the fourth quarter, Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield misplayed a pass intended for tight end Gary Barnridge. Johnson failed to make the tackle, and Barnridge picked up 55 yards, setting up another Panthers touchdown.
    I love this....STJ's fault Whinny made a bad play.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yup.. He also missed on one more.. I have to rewatch to remember which one it was

But it is the safeties job to keep the play in front of you.. Crucial in the cover 2

I saw Johnson miss tackles then jog down field.. Just to see Cedric run them down 2-3 times close to the goalline

I think Tyrell can be a good player.. But he needs to learn how to break down and make a tackle.. Not giving up on him yet.. But i'm not gonna complain when we see Sanford

V4L wrote:
    Yup.. He also missed on one more.. I have to rewatch to remember which one it was

But it is the safeties job to keep the play in front of you.. Crucial in the cover 2

I saw Johnson miss tackles then jog down field.. Just to see Cedric run them down 2-3 times close to the goalline

I think Tyrell can be a good player.. But he needs to learn how to break down and make a tackle.. Not giving up on him yet.. But i'm not gonna complain when we see Sanford
    I agree on all points.

Coaches need to play whomever is the best option. Judging by how many tackles he has, 5th on the team, he must not be missing as many as some on here contend, is all I'm saying.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:

That is easy. Childress is a moron.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast