Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Blair had ice water in his veins today! Finally someone who can consistently kick it to the endzone! I'm still worried about our d, they were unimpressive, but to their credit made plays when they had to. I already can't wait for next Sunday.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Walsh earned my respect today. He was clutch but I see a couple people giving him the game ball....not so fast. I give it to the guy who got us there. Ponder was calm and poised with only 20 seconds. That is SUPER clutch. He opened my eyes with that one. C Mac D asked what made Ponder show more potential than TJOKE and stated there was vague references about leading. Here is a fact for you..........he lead us to that win!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

OFFICIAL JAGUARS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

One more thing........Felton is a great blocker! I look forward to him carving a way for Peterson. He never looked lost or blocked air like Tahi. That should finally show Marrdro what it looks like to have a FB that most here have been preaching.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well what a way to start a season, with the Jags going ahead that close to end of regulation time I could see Arizona all over again.
    Credit to Peterson coming and playing the way he does and can't wait to see him back at full tilt for more plays, least the coaching staff didn't go overboard in how much they used him. Gerhart had some nice little runs and Felton made some very good blocks as well, I wasn't sure about Felton but he played well so more of that please.
    Percy certainly got things buzzing that much more when he was used and ignited the team a lot. I felt Ponder made some good decisions and throws but also some that weren't so good but overall I was happy with his performance. Some good grabs by the WRs and also Rudolph as well so glad to see the TE position is more settled.
    Defence was ok but still some lapses but wasn't as panicky about them as I was last year, even when the Jags had their possession in OT.

Only thing I'm still not comfortable with is some of the playcalling by Musgrave as he still seems to almost take the team out of the game at times with his narrow minded ideas. Also Frazier please show a little more emotion on the sideline, I don't want a coach red in the face from constantly screaming at players/officials/ballboys etc but I would like someone who doesn't look like he's auditioning for the part of 'body on the morgue table' in the next episode of Bones.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Ponder after a slow start looked much better than last year. Adrian is amazing. Percy is a beast. O-line looked much better than last year. Defense line and LB's played pretty well and the secondary looked better than last year. Jags played better than I thought they would. It was a hard fought game and we didn't fold. Didn't like our play calling early on but it got better later in the game. Great win.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I like the new OT rules but I don't see why the team that already had the ball and failed to score, needs to get a chance after a score.
    That didn't happen. Vikes had the ball first, scored a FG then Jacksonville got the ball.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    well.. the purple brush of compliments and awe has been spread around correctly!!

walsh vallidated his position

Percy.. while talking with dad watching the game once of percy's short catches and then instant 10 yd gain.. i said.. "god !#$% he's fast" my dad's response.. "Many people have said that"

AP - there is none like him.. just wow..

Ponder not sure what was the issues in the first half, though he did take account for it, and stood up and corrected it. that's improvement, that's what i wanted to see!

OL - not a perfect performance, but again, improvement is there! and big K.. handeld his own and got his 1st block'd EP!!

D i like what i saw.. i know they looked like swiss cheese sometimes.. and there was some drastic mistackles.. cook i hope learns from that play and grows, greenway is a beast, smith is a starter!! a few bad calls robbed us of 2 sacks, but all in all we held when it was do or die.

coaches
    this is for your Mar..
    coaching... fraziers comment about in halftime they made a few adjustments to the packages that they were seeing, personel and formations.. coaching!!!!!!!!! it works.. what a concept.. the fact of the playclock.. well.. i agree that the coaching staff should have some1 that is an expert because it is more then obvious the hack refs they brought in arn't.. (more on this later) Now i know it was the players who played the downs that won this.. but the play calling, and faith in your rookie kicker to pull off that 20 second march.. i doubt this woulda ever happened with chilli...

and lastly.. the FO... look at the last 2 years draft pics.. in the first game of the season the players they targeted.. evaluated, and decided to take have already begun to pay off.

entertaining game.. with the right conclusion and as i view the standings.. i smile as GB is in the basement of the NFCN and the Vikings are tied for 1st..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FedjeViking View Post
    Now that game was the Vikings of old, never give up until there is no more time! I loved it!
    Fedje, GREAT to see you on here again posting!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I wasn't expecting an easy win, but it was definitely more exciting than I had hoped.

This win would not have happened last year, or probably even the year before. The guys showed tremendous heart and that "never say die" attitude that has been sadly lacking until now. Everyone pulled their weight and despite a few bumps along the way, for the most part the young folks looked good.

Kudos to Walsh. Not only did he nail that 55-yarder to tie that game, he put it right down the center. His preseason performance gave some reason to doubt he could pull that off, but when the pressure was truly on, he came through. And then kept his head and settled down to nail the game winner in OT not very much later. Many young kickers have psyched themselves out by celebrating too much before the game is actually over and they are needed again.

Not perfect by any means, but there was improvement in all areas that needed it, and that is what I most wanted to see. Biggest of which, IMO, was attitude. We played like winners, and it made all the difference.

As long as this continues, we should be able to take out the Colts next week and set our sights on some tougher opponents after that.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    I accidentally missed the game with the exception of OT. So all I have to say his...

ESPN, YOU SUCK!

Apparently the NFL's best running back coming back to score 2 touchdowns and an OT thriller isn't important enough to merit a highlight package during Sportscenter last night? Give me a break. I STILL haven't seen the highlights.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast