Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LIVike is offline Starter
    I am just glad after the jags td they didnt give up. Ponder looked real good for those 20 seconds making all the right throws.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the blocked xp in the second quarter. It was a great and turns out to be key play by Kalil
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    What? They don't.

If the team that gets the kickoff gets a TD, the game is over.
    If the team that gets the kickoff gets a FG or has to punt, then the other team gets a chance.
    After both teams have had the ball once, the team with the lead wins. If it is tied, they go to sudden death.
    Sorry,
    Who got the ball first... us or them?
    I missed OT.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    How bout that OL? Blocking Looked much better IMO, even the backs were good at picking up the blitz. Kick/punt coverage was awesome too, hope that continues. It was nice not watching our ST give up big returns, especially after we scored.

I was very depressed about the slow lethargic start. What's with the flat less than energized starts in a lot of these home games in recent years? It concerns me and I think we could've/should've put a team like the Jags away early if we could get a better start. The finish was awesome, but it would be nice to put a team away early once in awhile and not have to worry if, or how we're going to blow it at the end, because we lose a hell of a lot more games like this than we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Then, in the second half they did something I wanted to see since he was drafted and that put Percy in at RB. IMHO Percy is the guy that took the team on his shoulders and got them going. I think he is a great option at RB and he is also the best RB threat they have at catching passes out of the backfield and after he got them rolling the team started to make plays.
    I couldn't agree more. I was ready to give Walsh the game ball for that huge kick (which would've been good from 65), but PH was pretty much our only spark most of the game and he seemed to carry the entire offense. And WOW, I think he's the toughest guy in the NFL to bring down. Did you see how many piles he moved? Every time he carried the ball he carried 3-4 guys for extra yards.

What? They don't.

If the team that gets the kickoff gets a TD, the game is over.
    If the team that gets the kickoff gets a FG or has to punt, then the other team gets a chance.
    After both teams have had the ball once, the team with the lead wins. If it is tied, they go to sudden death.
    I'm still unclear about how this whole OT thing works now too. I'll have to go look it up. Like what if the jags kicked a FG to tie it again? Does the game end in a tie right there or do they keep playing? I think it ends in a tie. Both teams get a possession then it basically reverts back to the old rules, first team to score wins. Unless time runs out, then it's a tie. I know they don't keep playing indefinitely until one team scores.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    If the Jags score a FG, Vikings get ball, and it is sudden death from there.

Jags did not, so Vikings WIN!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Sorry,
    Who got the ball first... us or them?
    I missed OT.
    We won the toss, got the ball first, and kicked a FG on that opening drive.

And here's the answer to my question if the Jags had answered our FG with 1 of their own ...
    .R. 16.6 FIELD GOAL ON FIRST POSSESSION
    Team A kicks a field goal on the opening possession of overtime.
    Ruling: Three points for Team A, but the game is not over. Team A must kick off to Team B. If Team B scores a touchdown or does not score the game is over. If Team B scores a field goal the game continues under sudden death.
    Here are all the possible scenarios ...

NFL overtime rules - NFL.com

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Gameball goes to Blair Walsh.. !!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I wish Ponder would put some more zip on the ball. It seems like every one of his passes is a floater. Against playoff caliber teams those will get picked.
    That's what my concern about him was on long passes, but I was blasted for saying it.

It's not all the time, but some of those passes seem to hang or float out there. The long one to K-Rud could have easily been knocked away by a defender who was tight on coverage. It was still an accurately thrown pass.

Not sure why he floats some of them. Perhaps it's him not planting his foot on throws as the commentator mentioned. I'm not sure what preseason game it was, but he did throw a deep one with some zip on it, so we know he's capable of doing it.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-10-2012 at 06:16 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Good second half, good to see AD back. Blair looks great and I will eat my words because I didn't like the draft pick. Secondary looked better, but still a work in progress.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    First, assuming the clock should start after a declined penalty, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to, yes that's a horrible call by refs, but how in the world did nobody on our coaching staff notice that Jacksonville got a free timeout with under two minutes to play? I will redact this statement if I'm wrong on the ruling.

Second, yeah Cook got burned, but why would you leave anyone in single coverage 40 yards downfield with a five point lead and 25 seconds left? Not sure if this was a mistake by a safety or a poor coaching decision.

Awesome game though!

The team started out slow, but really seemed to get energized as soon as Peterson hit the end zone. Ponder looked good, but not great by any means. Harvin looked like a man on a mission! Defense made some good plays but we need to force more turnovers. Interceptions from our defense have been a rarity the past few seasons.

Of course I'll take the W but I worry that we had trouble putting away a sub-par team at home. Hopefully we can continue building some momentum...

Oh yeah, and the game ball goes to The Blair Walsh Project!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast