Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Love the new OT rules too btw, it's going to make OT that much better.
    This.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    We won. Woohoo!
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Ponder started out slow. VERY SLOW. But he settled down and played a good game. 20/27 for 270 yards - I am good with that.

It wasn't just Ponder that started out slow. I attributed that flat start to the game for almost a half to Frazier keeping most of our starters on the bench last week. It seems to happen every year.

I was surprised by Jenkins & Aromashodu being able to catch the ball without all the dropsies.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It wasn't just Ponder that started out slow. I attributed that flat start to the game for almost a half to Frazier keeping most of our starters on the bench last week. It seems to happen every year.

I was surprised by Jenkins & Aromashodu being able to catch the ball without all the dropsies.
    I was surprised too. I don't think we can grow to depend on it, but it will be nice if they can continue that the next two weeks while we wait to get Simpson back.

I wish Ponder would put some more zip on the ball. It seems like every one of his passes is a floater. Against playoff caliber teams those will get picked.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I like the new OT rules but I don't see why the team that already had the ball and failed to score, needs to get a chance after a score.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Once Musgrave started giving Percy the ball (duh), things improved dramatically. Peterson looked great, Ponder sharp (after the first three shitty drives), I maintain that Rudolph has a chance to be our best TE ever, the OL looks demonstrably improved, the Blair Walsh project...wow.

The youth movement looked pretty promising this week...the rookies were flashing often. Our first three picks appear to be all hits...I'm liking Robinson a lot.

Even our LDE that shouldn't be a LDE played an awesome game (right Marr?, jk).

No delusions, but, looks to me like we've got some good, young players to build with.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    Pressure on the quarterback was practically non existent, until the very end of the game at least. Allen should have had the sack early on but a bad call called it back. Moving forward I'd like to see a few more sacks to ease pressure off the secondary.
    Are you being serious? I thought pressure was great. We were hitting him and getting a few deep sacks the whole day. towards the end, when we went prevent, then I agree, but most the game i thought it looked good.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My thoughts:

Team started out slow. The 1st half looked like it would be a very long year. The secondary was bad, Ponder looked bad and ST's looked bad.

Then, in the second half they did something I wanted to see since he was drafted and that put Percy in at RB. IMHO Percy is the guy that took the team on his shoulders and got them going. I think he is a great option at RB and he is also the best RB threat they have at catching passes out of the backfield and after he got them rolling the team started to make plays.

In the second half Ponder looked more confident, more focused and they moved the ball.Robison had a really good game with some big plays and pressures. But the best part was when the secondary got burned for the TD with less than a minute left and Ponder brought them right back into FG position to tie the score and then came right back and led a scoring drive in OT to win the game.

And last but not least is peterson. I said that I didn't care if they played him if he wasn't ready but holy crap was he ready. What a gutsy game by him. My hat's off to him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I like the new OT rules but I don't see why the team that already had the ball and failed to score, needs to get a chance after a score.
    What? They don't.

If the team that gets the kickoff gets a TD, the game is over.
    If the team that gets the kickoff gets a FG or has to punt, then the other team gets a chance.
    After both teams have had the ball once, the team with the lead wins. If it is tied, they go to sudden death.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Sweet!!!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast