Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OFFICIAL JAGUARS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Please feel free to post your thoughts, comments and frustarations.

1-0

Slow start but strong finish. Loving Walsh.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Walsh surprised me considering some of those moments in the pre-season. I'd give Walsh the game ball but man....Ponder was really good from the end of the 2nd quarter on. He seems to have a great connection with Rudolph and without Harvin's ability to avoid tackles the offense never gets going. Adrian gets 5 yards a carry.

Gotta give Greenway props on the defense for knocking down a few important passes
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    I'm fairly happy, especially given the fact the Jags should not have even had an opportunity to score their go ahead TD since the play clock should have continued running when they declined that penalty. Still, gotta love with Walsh did today, hit two real clutch field goals at the end. Harrison Smith made another great play at the end, and Ponder played real well after the first quarter. Also the return of APAD!!!

Blog Entries
    Ponder started out slow. VERY SLOW. But he settled down and played a good game. 20/27 for 270 yards - I am good with that.

Playcalling was frustrating. When we opened it up for Ponder he played well. But the run-run-run early on in the game as well as in the 4th was frustrating. Trust our QB, TE, and WRs. We may get burned, but at least we have a chance.

Defense stepped up, but it was the Jags. Come on people. We need to do better than that.

All in all I am happy. Our secondary needs to be more aggressive, but I dont think we have the talent for that yet. I am looking forward to getting Simpson back - we need a deep threat, although Aromashadu had some nice catches.

Skol Vikings, we are tied for first. Now let's see a San Fran win tonight and my weekend will be perfect. (Well, almost perfect, but the final component depends on when Mrs NodakPaul gets back from studying tonight... )
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    I think Ponder's ability to drive us down the field throughout the 2nd half, especially at the end and the OT, is reminiscent of Favre's first year here. We won't be going to the NFC Champs, but we'll be competitive this season. So excited. Hell of a win for a young team.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikes2456 View Post
    I'm fairly happy, especially given the fact the Jags should not have even had an opportunity to score their go ahead TD since the play clock should have continued running when they declined that penalty. Still, gotta love with Walsh did today, hit two real clutch field goals at the end. Harrison Smith made another great play at the end, and Ponder played real well after the first quarter. Also the return of APAD!!!
    I didn't catch the playclock. May have to go back and look. I DID see the RG holding JA like a mo-fo which wasn't called.

The personal foul on Guion was absolute bullshit too. He was NOT down by contact, and even if he was, the whistle DID NOT BLOW.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Wow what a game. Thought it was going to be the same old shit as last year with Frazier's shitty conservative play calling trying to ice the game and then watching the Jags march right down field for an apparent win. Then 2 beautiful passes and a 55yd FG by Walsh ... WOW! Then a nice drive to start OT and a nice stop by the D. Feels good to finally win a game like this. Love the new OT rules too btw, it's going to make OT that much better.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I liked the resolve of our team after giving up that touchdown with 20 seconds left. I'm frustrated that we were in that territory again blowing a lead late but at least we didn't give up.

I like how Ponder is progressing and this win should do wonders for his confidence. A few close calls that easily should have been picks but again he made the throws when needed, including a drive with practically no time on the clock to send the game into overtime. That's the type of quarterback this team needs. Definitely Ponder has much room for improvement, but at the same time he made a lot of strides today.

Secondary still has issues, but again making good strides. Cook gave up the big play in the end zone and hopefully the defense learns from this and improves in man-to-man coverage. Pressure on the quarterback was practically non existent, until the very end of the game at least. Allen should have had the sack early on but a bad call called it back. Moving forward I'd like to see a few more sacks to ease pressure off the secondary.

Glad to see Peterson back. He looks like he was never injured in the first place. Kudos to him and to the training staff for getting him ready for Week 1!

Improvement in the offensive line is also something I was glad to see. Kalil for the most part kept Ponder on his feet and gave him enough time to make the needed throws.

Overall this was an exciting win. Hopefully we see some non-exciting wins this year where we can pull away and not give up the lead (yet again) but it's nice to see a win whenever you can take it. Much room for improvement overall as a team but we're headed in the right direction.

SKOL!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Skol Vikings, we are tied for first. Now let's see a San Fran win tonight and my weekend will be perfect. (Well, almost perfect, but the final component depends on when Mrs NodakPaul gets back from studying tonight... )
    Haha yeah if the Pack loses they'll be alone in last place ... good times!

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Now that game was the Vikings of old, never give up until there is no more time! I loved it!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast