Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The "Official" I apologize to Percy Harvin thread.

As anyone who frequents this site knows, I am not afraid to call out a player or coach if they are not living up to their potential. also, if a player is doing well I do my best to give them praise.

That being said, when there was a thread about drafting Harvin prior to his rookie year, I took an uncharacteristic stance against the notion of drafting him. There was no rhyme and no reason for it as I had never even seen so much as a video clip of him playing in college. Most of it was in jest to stir the pot and keep the conversation going but in the end the only thing that mattered was that I took the position that he would be a failure in the NFL.

Well, I may get critical of the players and coaches but I am man enough to admit when I am wrong and in this case I was as wrong as I have even been and to that point I apologize to Harvin and all of those who supported drafting him. What I have seen from him has impressed be beyond belief. For a guy his size he is a fearless blocker, and aggressive runner and he has shown he can be a weapon in the slot. On top of that he has shown that he can be a deep threat in the passing game and he is the best return man I have ever seen on a Vikings team in my life time.

If every player on the team gave the effort he does on every play I believe we would be in playoff contention even with the lack of talent on the team.

So in closing, Thanks Percy for displaying pride, a will to win and a desire that is all too lacking on the team and I hope you play for the Vikings for a long time.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Melodramatic much?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I've always had a wait and see approach toward him and he's been impressive. His strength and ability to push piles and drag groups of defenders has impressed me the most. His migraine issues and the Vikings inability to get him involved more on offense are going to prevent him from getting to Canton someday. He would be putting up Welker like numbers or better if we had better coaching.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Melodramatic much?
    Lol.

if you are going to start slinging 5 syllable words around make sure you know what they mean.

Then come back and explain to me what part was exaggerated.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    My only issue with Percy is durability and he a few games he has been on the sidelines in the second half where we need him to make a big play..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Percy is a bonafide stud. He's a little guy but god does he make up for it!
    But your right, his migraines are a bit worrying. As my mom has them all the time, i know what it does to a person and i can only feel sorry for him.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I knew percy was going to be great! Do you know anything floyd? What does your name even mean!? How stoooopid!!!!!!!! Purple floyd!? Are you trying to copy the band or something?! I mean seriously are u lyk retarded!?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    no kidding, i mean wtf? Purple Floyd. I mean, Pink floyd was a good band (even though the guy has a stupid name, I mean seriously, what parent names their kid Pink?), but weak screen name choice. I mean, might as well have just called yourself 12purplepride28... oops.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I knew percy was going to be great! Do you know anything floyd? What does your name even mean!? How stoooopid!!!!!!!! Purple floyd!? Are you trying to copy the band or something?! I mean seriously are u lyk retarded!?
    Yeah, I remember when I had my first beer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    no kidding, i mean wtf? Purple Floyd. I mean, Pink floyd was a good band (even though the guy has a stupid name, I mean seriously, what parent names their kid Pink?), but weak screen name choice. I mean, might as well have just called yourself 12purplepride28... oops.
    I wanted to but it was taken by some other jackwagon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast