Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Official Garland Greene/TJ challange

And we would have to agree on the stats and all that

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Thing is, I'm not willing to bet until closer to the season, because if we bring in a #1 receiver you'd have to re due the bar, because guys like ocho and moss have a way of adding 10 or 15 to a guys QB rating.

I'm feeling pretty good about Tarvaris' future right about now, so I'll propose the following in response to your challenge:

I am willing to bet that Tarvaris achieves at least four of these five statistical landmarks next year, all to be judged at the end of next season and on the condition that Tarvaris starts at least six games:
    1) 60% completion percentage
    2) 7.0 yards/attempt
    3) 200 yards/game
    4) 1.0 TD:INT ratio
    5) 60% winning percentage as a starter

The loser of said wager would have to write and post on p.p.o. an essay of at least 1000 words sincerely extolling the virtues of the winner, including their wisdom and foresight as it pertains to their opinion of Tarvaris Jackson.
    The winner would then be allowed to select a portion of that essay that the loser would have to include in their sig for at least 30 days.

Do you accept or do you have any suggestions and/or comments?
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

"Overlord" wrote:
    I'm feeling pretty good about Tarvaris' future right about now, so I'll propose the following in response to your challenge:

I am willing to bet that Tarvaris achieves at least four of these five statistical landmarks next year, all to be judged at the end of next season and on the condition that Tarvaris starts at least six games:
    2) 7.0 yards/attempt
    3) 200 yards/game

The loser of said wager would have to write and post on p.p.o. an essay of at least 1000 words sincerely extolling the virtues of the winner, including their wisdom and foresight as it pertains to their opinion of Tarvaris Jackson.
    The winner would then be allowed to select a portion of that essay that the loser would have to include in their sig for at least 30 days.

That is a pretty good job, the only change I would make especially depending on personnel we pick up is yards per game, 200 seems a little low, I think he did that this year didn't he?

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:

2) 7.0 yards/attempt
    3) 200 yards/game

That is a pretty good job, the only change I would make especially depending on personnel we pick up is yards per game, 200 seems a little low, I think he did that this year didn't he?
    Well, here are his stats in each of these categories from this year:
    1) 58.2% completion rate
    2) 6.5 yards/attempt
    3) 159.25 yards/game
    4) 0.75 TD:INT ratio
    5) 66% winning percentage as a starter

I'm only talking about passing stats here - so rushing yards would not count.

I tried to put the four passing stats around the NFL median, but to a certain extent they are arbitrary.
    The winning percentage is down but would equate to 10 games if he started 16, which would probably be a playoff birth.

Dragline: Why you got to go and say fifty eggs for? Why not thirty-five or thirty-nine?
    Luke: I thought it was a nice round number.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:

2) 7.0 yards/attempt
    3) 200 yards/game

Well, here are his stats in each of these categories from this year:
    1) 58.2% completion rate
    2) 6.5 yards/attempt
    3) 159.25 yards/game
    4) 0.75 TD:INT ratio
    5) 66% winning percentage as a starter

I'm only talking about passing stats here - so rushing yards would not count.

I tried to put the four passing stats around the NFL median, but to a certain extent they are arbitrary.
    The winning percentage is down but would equate to 10 games if he started 16, which would probably be a playoff birth.

Dragline: Why you got to go and say fifty eggs for? Why not thirty-five or thirty-nine?
    Luke: I thought it was a nice round number.
    Hmmm.....I think that's actually pretty fair with the team we have right now, maybe a little adjustment if we get a WR or what not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123