Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CaptainKirk is offline Training Camp

Re: The Official Garland Greene/TJ challange

Doesn't all of this discussion presume that Jackson will be the QB next year?
    If I were Ziggy, I'd be looking for the heads of both him and Childress as horrible as the last 2 games were.
    But them I'm not and we'll probably be stuck with Mr. Personality as a coach and Mr. I'm Almost Worse Than Culpepper as a QB.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If you are wrong, we get to line up at a tailgate next year and boot you in the family jewels.
    You will fly in special for that one I suppose huh?
    I will be at a home game next, hope to meet you.
    For Sure man, I always try to go to at least 1 game each year, and now that
    know that there are great guys like Singer that is able to find tickets if someone really want to go I would be all for it!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"CaptainKirk" wrote:
    Doesn't all of this discussion presume that Jackson will be the QB next year?
    If I were Ziggy, I'd be looking for the heads of both him and Childress as horrible as the last 2 games were.
    But them I'm not and we'll probably be stuck with Mr. Personality as a coach and Mr. I'm Almost Worse Than Culpepper as a QB.
    TJ Will be on the team that I have no doubt about(unfortuantly) it all depends upon if he is the starter. I know the Mods can change the messages on our profile so i am game for getting my message changed,

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Ranger" wrote:
    Signature bets!
    You wager whether or not he shows significant improvement next year.
    If he does, you have to change your signature to what your opponent wishes.
    If he fails miserably, those opposed you have to have a signature that YOU pick.
    We do it on another board for MMA and boxing matches.
    So what if its the play callers fault? does it all fall on the challenger or the holder? I am not sold on who is calling our plays but I am sold on the scheme as far as offense in Minnesota Vikings are concerned. So if I were to Bet, Much like Garland Greene, I am way too poor and my dog house isnt big enough for me and him(although he gets more room on the bed than I do), How does that work? I really honestly feel we copuld have been
    in the play offs like going back to the KC game when our RB threw the TD pass to the endzone and it was called incomplete!, There were many plays that were ass backwards like going for a bomb when ur 2nd and 5 and a run on 3rd and 5 right after and missing both times. It was alot of plays like those that costs us alot of games this year as well. Anyway I am open to suggestions also.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I will go on record and say that I would be happy to have T-Jack back next year. He wasn't great, but he wasn't awful either. I think with the addition of a good receiver, we could see a lot of development next year.

And this may come as bit of a shock to some of you... but I still don't care for Childress at all. AT ALL...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    I will go on record and say that I would be happy to have T-Jack back next year. He wasn't great, but he wasn't awful either. I think with the addition of a good receiver, we could see a lot of development next year.

And this may come as bit of a shock to some of you... but I still don't care for Childress at all. AT ALL...
    I am not sold on Childress. I will wait to see how next year goes. I tell you what he better get to the playoffs.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    Ok well sense I have my opinion about *ahem* T-Joke. and everyone else has theirs. Lets have some fun. I am willing to stand by my opinion that Jackson is not the futiure of this franchise despite the little bit that everyone is willing to cling to from this season. So if there is a way that this could be bookmarked, flagged or whatever I am willing to challange something that this time next year people will seee that I was right all along. so lets hesr suggestions as to what should be at stake. (no Money becaise I am poor and my wife would divorce me)

But i am seriously willing to be game with this. Not arguing who is going to be better or who we should get. But just want to have soem fun.. And ptrove that I am right ;D

So suggestions? what should be the standard His winning record? starts for the year? TD's Int"s Qb ratuings lets hear suggestions?

again I am dead serious about this. Since none sees the light like I do ;D lets have some fun!

Let's say that if next year TJ's QB rating is 90+ for the season, he throws a minimum of 18 TD's with no more than 12 int's, you will write a heartfelt letter to him saying how wrong you were and that he is truly a great QB and you didn't give him the credit he deserves, etc., etc., really lay it on thick, but sincerely. And, oh yeah, you will wear a t-shirt with his picture on it that says "I love Tarvaris Jackson" for one week.
    ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

If you want to set a standard for Jackson I suggest you take his rankings for completion %, yards per game, TDs, Interceptions, Sacks and QB ranking and find the average, this year he ranked....

PCT........................ 26th
    Yards Per Game....... 30th
    TDs........................ 24th
    Interceptions........... 15th
    Sacks..................... 10th
    Rating.................... 28th

Total Average.......... 22.16

Some of these stats are skewed by him missing games, but I think QB wise the important ones are covered apart from his rushing yards which maybe someone else can find, it's getting late here!

As for the bet if he improves his total average to say 16th or less Garland can buy a personalized Packer jersey, get photo's taken wearing it and post the pics here.

QB stats from NFL.com

I am going to agree with Garland Greene's comments on this one. TJack is still a project with very poor fundamentals and footwork. This was a guy who really needed to be on someone's bench for a minimum of 3-4 years before he ever took a snap in an NFL game.

His final stats of 171-294 for 1911 yards with 12 int's and 9 TD's are not very impressive, especially when you consider he had two good running backs and faced 8-9 guys in the box for most of the year. 15 NFL QB's threw for over 3000 plus yards and 18 for over 2500 yards this season.

We need to upgrade at QB in the worst way or Peterson/Taylor will have no chance to find some open holes. Our offense will continue to sputter because the secret is out and the NFL teams know how to defend us. My guess is if TJack stays at QB next year, both Peterson and Taylor will struggle even to get to 1,000 yards.......

Be careful what you bet Garland Greene, because I think the smart money is on his side!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I don't see a huge improvement statwise for him personally

But for the team I see more.. 10-6 record

As for stats next year.. Somewhere along the lines of 2000 yards 17-20 td's and 12 picks.. 400 yards rushing as well

And overall for career.. Somewhere along the lines of 80-90 passer rating years
    So what should be the standard then and aso what should I lose?

You make the wager man

We could do sig bets?

Or show up to a game in attire that the other chooses? I.E- Female clothes, packer stuff.. Things like that?

Or you could buy me a case of beer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast