Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Official Game 8 Thoughts and Observations

Maybe it was the rest from the bye week but the team looked energized. It seemed like they were fighting hard from the beginning.

Nice to see us punish a team for paying so much attention to Adrian Peterson. Okay so you want to commit your defense to stopping AD? That's okay we'll just throw it to a wide open Visanthe Shiancoe.

Bernard Berrian, while not perfect by any means, is really a big play guy and he is someone who can punish teams for paying so much attention to Peterson.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

I liked what I saw at Chicago (except ST) and keeps on liking what I ve seen today.

-AD is AD ,never forget it......
    -Gus was very good ,this guy can manage the games,Join the Bus Gus!!
    -That left handed sack by Allen was huge ,huge.
    -ST did a good job ,very good ,nothing more to ask for,(Good job Kluwe btw...)
    -Berrian hit more than 100 once again and a TD.
    -Childress is not so ugly lately

A nice game against a good offensive team.Keep on rocking Vikes...

Vamos Vkingos!!!
    El underdog.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

It's funny. We get a win, and the game thread is only 3 pages long 4 hours later. 4 hours following a loss, it would be at least at 11 or 12.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

This is exactly the type of game I have been asking for during the last month. We played clean football today. 3 penalties. One turnover. Clean football baby.

Lots of credit has to go the the coaching staff. The gameplan was not airtight but it was very good. The team was very prepared and little sloppy football was seen. The decision to stick with the run was awesome. 3 of our 4 big passing plays were one playaction. Awesome. Exactly the type of offense we need to be running all the time. Defensively, we chose to stick Griff on Johnson all game long and give him continual safety help. The price for this was leaving an LB on their solid TE, but in the end, it worked. Great coaching today.

Frerotte was what we hoped TJ could be today. Not great, but average and capable to make the big throw. The stats don't show it but there is really little more you could have asked from Frerotte today.

AD grinded down the D and made them pay. The Texans D just wasn't good enough to stay with the guy forever. Mad Props to CT. Averaged 5 YPC, and was nice receiving out of the backfield. I love CT.

Berrian isn't perfect but he is the real deal. I hope for the rest of the WR corps to step up as defenses give him more attention. IMO Rice is healthy, but Wade has simply stolen his starting job. Weird.

Solid day for the OL. They played a team that rushes the passer well, and did a pretty good job. Very few penalties. Great running lanes. Sure Cook is the weak link, but I'll take his performance today, any day.

The DL continued its dominance. Another RB shutdown, and I'm starting to get used to this QB pressure thing. 5 sacks, forced fumble, crapload of pressure. So good to watch.

A lot was asked of the LBs and DBs but they played well, and Madieu Williams made an unexpectedly strong impact in his season debut. He may be our glue back there!

The defense in general was the exact type of D we want to put on the field. The Texans put up yards, but not points. We have seen enough of the Cover 2 to know that the D got the job done today.

I honestly see very little room for improvement. This is what our team has to look like if we want to think playoffs. WRs may need to get involved, but the basic formula is all there, so long as we play clean football. Run the ball, limit TOs, use playaction, stop the run, put pressure on their QB, create TOs.

Well done Childress.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"tke0933" wrote:
    Great win!
    SP finally had a good coverage day, the defense stepped up when they needed to and the offense came through in the 4th.
    Yes, first thing i noticed.
    They were very motivated and inspired.
    butt chewing all bye week.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry I forgot to mention Griffin is a bust,a total bust ,bench his ass and start Gordon.

Anyway a very nice W
    El underdog.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    It's funny. We get a win, and the game thread is only 3 pages long 4 hours later. 4 hours following a loss, it would be at least at 11 or 12.
    No doubt. I can barely even handle coming on here after a loss. It's like watching an army march off the end of a bridge.

Fantastic win today.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It was great to see Rice with
    TD catch.

As a matter of fact it was great to see Berrian with a long TD catch and it was great to see Shank catch a 27 yd TD.

Damn, at times it almost felt like Christmas today lol

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Berrian's TD was money. That last spin move he pulled off to break free was awesome.

It was great when AD got his TD and they tried to stop him in mid-air... but he just landed on his feet and brushed them off and got the TD.

Great stuff.

Happy about the win.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I cannot believe the game has been over for over 5 hours and this is only 3 pages long so far.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast