Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Official Fire Leslie Frazier Thread

Caine wrote:
    I'm surprised that people are only now getting pissed about our lack of Defensive adjustments. Frazier, and Tomlin before him, and Cotrell before them have all shared the inability to adjust.

We, as fans, often gloss over that failing because, truthfully, our Defense has played at a very high level ever since Cotrell left.

But when have we had a dominant or "frightening" secondary in recent memory? I can't recall. We have had trouble finding quality DB's for as long as I can remember. And our Defense has ridden the ability of the front 4 for just as long.

Recently, our front 4 hasn't produced. Anything. That puts the spotlight back on our weak secondary.

What "Adjustments' would you have us make? We blitzed a LOT...we just never touched Brady (Well...after he got rid of the ball we did). Our Secondary was exactly what it's always been...poor. And we got beat by poor tackling - something we USUALLY don't see.

So, honestly, I've never been real big on Frazier as a coach. I guess that's why I'm not screaming for his scalp now...

Caine
    I completely agree with you Caine.... Frazier has had amazing personnel on defense since he got here... Pretty much the same as Tomlin when he was here and since Frazier took over, We have seen our opportunistic defense play solid but can't force a turnover to save their lives... I'm not sure why everyone wants to see Frazier as our head coach.. I think it has more to do with the coaches we've lost in the past than it does actually frazier himself...

With that said, I think they all need to go... let's sign our key guys back, get a Qb, and start over with a new coach...

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Frazier is one of the minor problems on a team besotted with problems.

Priorities!
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    This is in no way Frazier's fault.

His guy's have been awesome all season up until the second half today.
    And the final drive against the Saints, when a stop would have gotten the ball back.

=Z=
    Way to read my second post too.

Stop picking on me

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

When Childress goes, they all need to go.
    Leslie can be interim HC if it happens before the season ends, but we need to get someone with a proven positive track record as a head coach.
    There are some who have that resume. I suggest we get one.

In reality I will be happier to see the Childress version of the west coast offense, and the cover two go than Childress himself.

I hate this system.

The offense is like watching paint dry and the defense is analogous to slow death.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Leslie can be interim HC if it happens before the season ends, but we need to get someone with a proven positive track record as a head coach.

In reality I will be happier to see the Childress version of the west coast offense, and the cover two go than Childress himself.

I hate this system.

The offense is like watching paint dry and the defense is analogous to slow death.
    Right now I'm thinking Cowher (Spitball) or Chucky... Mooch as an outside possibility.

Of the 3, I prefer Spitball.

Caine

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Caine wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

I hate this system.

Right now I'm thinking Cowher (Spitball) or Chucky... Mooch as an outside possibility.

Caine
    If you really want a new head coach, it's my opinion that the Vikings should look for a defensive-minded head coach. If he's available, I would suggest Kirk Ferentz from the University of Iowa. He's had NFL experience before (with the Jaguars and Ravens), and I feel he may be a good fit for the Vikings in 2011. Comments anyone?

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

vikesrgreat2 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

I hate this system.

Caine
    If you really want a new head coach, it's my opinion that the Vikings should look for a defensive-minded head coach. If he's available, I would suggest Kirk Ferentz from the University of Iowa. He's had NFL experience before (with the Jaguars and Ravens), and I feel he may be a good fit for the Vikings in 2011. Comments anyone?
    A defensive-minded coach would certainly put the secondary back into focus, rather than just an afterthought, like it has been. I'm not wild, however, about Ferentz, but that might just be because I'm not familiar with him. How did the Ravens and Jaguars do while he was with them?

I'd be good with Cowher, Gruden, or Mariuchi. Mooch only had troubles with the Lions due to Millen and his incompetence at the GM position, as far as I know. He's a pretty decent coach who would know what to do with the talent on this team.

Really, that's all we need...a coach who's willing to think outside the box and use the talent on the team to the best of it's ability.

JMO

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I wonder if Survivor has given Jimmy Johnson any urges to get back into coaching.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

In the Pioneer Press article about Childress, there were a couple of players who said they respect Frazier because he has played the game before and he treats everybody the same. Even keeled. That sounds to me like they want him as the HC.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Caine wrote:
    I'm surprised that people are only now getting pissed about our lack of Defensive adjustments. Frazier, and Tomlin before him, and Cotrell before them have all shared the inability to adjust.

We, as fans, often gloss over that failing because, truthfully, our Defense has played at a very high level ever since Cotrell left.

But when have we had a dominant or "frightening" secondary in recent memory? I can't recall. We have had trouble finding quality DB's for as long as I can remember. And our Defense has ridden the ability of the front 4 for just as long.

Recently, our front 4 hasn't produced. Anything. That puts the spotlight back on our weak secondary.

What "Adjustments' would you have us make? We blitzed a LOT...we just never touched Brady (Well...after he got rid of the ball we did). Our Secondary was exactly what it's always been...poor. And we got beat by poor tackling - something we USUALLY don't see.

So, honestly, I've never been real big on Frazier as a coach. I guess that's why I'm not screaming for his scalp now...

Caine
    Have the Vikings ever had a coach or QB you liked?
    Mike Tomlin turned a craptacular Vikings defense into a very good one. He then turned a good steelers defense into the best in the NFL.
    He's 38 and has a SuperBowl ring as a NFL head coach. Your standards are very unrealistic, IMHO.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast