Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The Official Fire Leslie Frazier Thread

Now I know why he didn't get hired as a head coach somewhere last year.

Can we have Tomlin back?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official Fire Leslie Frazier Thread

I would say that we could fire childress and consider frazier a 2 for one.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

This is in no way Frazier's fault.

His guy's have been awesome all season up until the second half today.

I'm surprised they hung in as long as they did.

This team has no heart, it's allergic to winning. And it all traces back to Childress.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Mr Anderson wrote:

This team has no heart, it's allergic to winning. And it all traces back to Childress.
    Yup, awesome all year. All that QB pressure. Giving the Pack yards and 1st Downs at the end of the game when we needed a stop. AWESOME!

I see the logic. Blame Chiller (who BTW blows) but do not blame Frazier for his Defense.

They are paid big $$$ to hang in there.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Mr Anderson wrote:

+1.. i can not disagree with you there.. they hung around all day and throughout the season.. they can only do so much.. the offense just blows.. and i feel bad for AD that he has to play for such a shitty team and dumbass of a coach

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

Yup, awesome all year. All that QB pressure. Giving the Pack yards and 1st Downs at the end of the game when we needed a stop. AWESOME!

I see the logic. Blame Chiller (who BTW blows) but do not blame Frazier for his Defense.

Say you're a carpenter:

You create beautiful pieces of woodwork for weeks despite having some broken tools, but you're continually given shitty wood with lots of flaws, knots, and rot you can't see.

The work you do looks nice for a while, then after a few hours crumbles in front of your eyes.

You go to your wood supplier and say something, and they promise you the quality of their product would improve. You have no real power what you do, but rely on them for what you produce to be of any significance.

Eventually start to carve your most difficult task yet. A really tricky piece. And it's going great for the first half of the project, and it starts to crumble again.

How would that make you feel? Pretty pissed off, no? There's nothing you can do to create a lasting piece for others to see. It would be mentally crippling. It would be crushing. Knowing that no matter how well you do, the other person you rely on will let you down.

But back to reality: It's ridiculous to call for Frazier's firing. The best coach and arguably the best QB in the league beat us. We turned the ball over and they capitalized, they made a big play out of a scramble, they stuffed us on a 4th down. A handful of plays shaped this game.

No we're not getting pressure, but I've said this a few times, with our banged up corners and total lack of talent at safety combined with our zone system we can't afford to blitz. As good as our front 4 is, it's going to take time for them to get to the QB.

There's no doubt we have to improve, but calling for Frazier's head is stupid, but I guess it's also stupid of me to say it's in no way his fault.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

This was one of the games where the Vikes offense had the ball for 35 minute and the Pats had it for 25, the defense gave up at least 4 plays over 20 yards Green-Ellis 26 yard rush, Tate a 65 yard td pass, Hernandez 27 yard pass, and Branch a 21 yard pass, no sacks, no turnovers, 3 rushes stopped for a loss (total 6 yards), no stops in the redzone. Sure the other games the offense did little to keep the defense off the field with 3 or 4 and out and turnovers but no this game. Even the special teams were making plays and there weren't any big returns to give the Pats a short field to play on.

Offense has had huge issues this season but the defense has their own problems and Frazier what up with using Moss's help with the Pats and their personel schemes.

Childress, Bevell and Frazier have to do better

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'm surprised that people are only now getting pissed about our lack of Defensive adjustments. Frazier, and Tomlin before him, and Cotrell before them have all shared the inability to adjust.

We, as fans, often gloss over that failing because, truthfully, our Defense has played at a very high level ever since Cotrell left.

But when have we had a dominant or "frightening" secondary in recent memory? I can't recall. We have had trouble finding quality DB's for as long as I can remember. And our Defense has ridden the ability of the front 4 for just as long.

Recently, our front 4 hasn't produced. Anything. That puts the spotlight back on our weak secondary.

What "Adjustments' would you have us make? We blitzed a LOT...we just never touched Brady (Well...after he got rid of the ball we did). Our Secondary was exactly what it's always been...poor. And we got beat by poor tackling - something we USUALLY don't see.

So, honestly, I've never been real big on Frazier as a coach. I guess that's why I'm not screaming for his scalp now...

Caine

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

vikinggreg wrote:
    Childress, Bevell and Frazier have to do better
    Really? Nah....
    El underdog.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Mr Anderson wrote:

And the final drive against the Saints, when a stop would have gotten the ball back.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast