Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Michael Corleone and/or Tony Saprano would have canned the coaching staff. Being a racketeer doesn't make you stupid.
    Soprano would have whacked them, not canned them.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Frazier doesn't deserve this nasty, brutish year

The classy Vikings coach could be heading for a pink slip because of organizational blunders not of his doing.
    Souhan: Frazier doesn't deserve this nasty, brutish year | Star Tribune

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Frazier doesn't deserve this nasty, brutish year

Souhan: Frazier doesn't deserve this nasty, brutish year | Star Tribune
    So Frazier is a good guy.

There are many great people in the world, but there are not many great NFL coaches.

Frazier was part of the Childress failure. He was part of the hiring process for the Vikings offensive and defensive coordinators. I would suspect he has some input on gameplans and personnel.

This is Frazier's ship, and it is rotting. In a storm at sea, is it better to have a nice guy at the helm or a captain that can get the ship through. It would be great to have a nice captain with the skills to win the day, but it is a rare sort that I do not see in Minnesota.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    There was an interview this afternoon with the Jags HC as part of the build up to the Wembley game. In it he commented on how the manner of a HC showed through his team. On that basis you look at Frazier and can then understand why the Vikes look so flat and lacking emotion when they take to the field.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Listen I'm all for Frazier let me tell you, but the pink slip is coming at the end of the year. We need to get a HC in here that can solidify the QB position. Hasn't been done since Farve was changing the plays in the huddle.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    1: Souhan says I'll miss Frazier when he's gone......no I won't.

2: Souhan says that FO mismanagement and bad draft picks are the failings that have doomed Frazier...but fails to offer any specific examples other than POnder (duh!) and playing freeman too soon (duh squared!!).

3: Souhan writes, "They have also been done in by some bad coaching, most notably in the loss to the Bears.".....ummm......Jim? Wouldn't that be FRAZIER'S fault then?

4: Souhan claims that we don't want a Parcells/Belichick type of coach....I don't? I don't want my team to win multiple Superbowls? What kind of a retard doesn't want that?

Bottom line, Souhan is full of shit. frazier deserves to be fired because he sucks as a HC. He may be a nice guy, and a man of faith, and all that jazz, but he SUCKS GORILLA WANGS as a Head Coach.

Bite it, Souhan!!!!

Caine

vikings62 is offline Waterboy
    Yes I agree, but fired the rest of the coaches as well and take Ponder with them !!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    1: Souhan says I'll miss Frazier when he's gone......no I won't.

2: Souhan says that FO mismanagement and bad draft picks are the failings that have doomed Frazier...but fails to offer any specific examples other than POnder (duh!) and playing freeman too soon (duh squared!!).

3: Souhan writes, "They have also been done in by some bad coaching, most notably in the loss to the Bears.".....ummm......Jim? Wouldn't that be FRAZIER'S fault then?

4: Souhan claims that we don't want a Parcells/Belichick type of coach....I don't? I don't want my team to win multiple Superbowls? What kind of a retard doesn't want that?

Bottom line, Souhan is full of shit. frazier deserves to be fired because he sucks as a HC. He may be a nice guy, and a man of faith, and all that jazz, but he SUCKS GORILLA WANGS as a Head Coach.

Bite it, Souhan!!!!

Caine
    Frazier is as good as gone, but I don't want him to be the sacrificial goat that spares Spielman.
    I saw a team that was trying hard to win last night, but simply lack the talent to get it done. Poor coaching just compounds the problem.

Souhan did write this, "In a passing league, the Vikings have spent two first-round picks, a second-rounder and a third-rounder since 2010 on three cornerbacks and a quarterback, and none of the four could compete with the Packers on Sunday night."

Souhan may have been mistakenly trying to defend Frazier, but the message is clear; the GM has failed to provide players with enough talent to get the job done. Add in a lack of coaching talent and the Wilf meddling, and you end up with a nightmarish season with little hope for the future.

The only conclusion that makes sense to me is to fire them all and hire a real GM, give him the power to hire and fire, and start over.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Caine and smegmavike are right on. Since 2000 92 wins and 100 losses don't cut it. Time for a drastic change starting with GM and coaching staff.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Frazier is as good as gone, but I don't want him to be the sacrificial goat that spares Spielman.
    I saw a team that was trying hard to win last night, but simply lack the talent to get it done. Poor coaching just compounds the problem.
    I find myself not agreeing.

We've got talent, we've got more good players than quite a few teams. Problem is they don't play as a team together, they have no fire or desire to win.

On offense, obviously we've got Peterson, Kalil was great last year, but declined this year? It's not like he got less skilled over the summer. Jennings/Simpson are talented receivers, but have done next to nothing this year. Patterson is raw at receiver, but explosive as a returner. Rudolph is a great TE for us, and witha reliable offense, would be an elite TE in the league. Our backup RB is looking pretty good.

On Defense, Chad and Erin play very well, Allen, KW, Griffen and Robison are four very good linemen, Harrison Smith is a top-10 Safety in the league, and we've got a rookie first round CB who is raw, but CAN develop into a good player.

We've got the talent, we've got the physical skill, just no coaching and no leadership. Our vets have packed it in with the exception of AP, who still plays every down 100%.

We need a GM with a vision, and coaches with direction. We need a system that players will buy into, and a guy they want to win for.

Last year, when we were winning, our skilled players were playing great ball. They haven't regressed from a skills point of view, they just don't play together well anymore.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast