Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I mean... how can they NOT fire everyone? The only score we have is a fluky KR.

Even when we were only down by 3, we abandoned the run... Freeman had 16 first half attempts. Why? We have the best RB in the league.

Honestly, I'm tired of b*tching about this team anymore. I'm done with football. Goodell ruined it anyways.
    How? Simple. Wilf is as good as an owner as Frazier is as a HC, Musky is as an OC and Spielman is as a GM. He completes them.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    How? Simple. Wilf is as good as an owner as Frazier is as a HC, Musky is as an OC and Spielman is as a GM. He completes them.
    That's THE problem.
    Been a Vikings fan since 1960; I'm 62. This is one of the worst Vikings team I've ever seen. I'm actually thinking of giving up on them.
    Wilfs are in over their heads and looking to make money. Sad part is , they will.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    This firing can't happen fast enough. One of the most embarrassing losses ever on MNF to a winless team. Just like the Lions, the Giants tried their hardest to give us this game and we couldn't do shit. Giants gave up 35ppg and they shut our offense out. I think we only had 1 RZ appearance the entire game. Horrible horrible decision to start Freeman, name Ponder the backup, deactivate Cassel, and then not pull Freeman late. Steve Young and Dilfer are just laying into Frazier in the post game.

Blog Entries
    Think of this take- Ponder is Fraziers guy. Spielman got Freeman and forced him on Frazier and forced him to make him the starter so Frazier gives him what he is asking for and throws him in there unprepared. Now, after seeing Freeman play some fans are already asking for Ponder to be put back in. So crazy it might just work.

Blog Entries
    He has a future as a stand in on the series "the walking dead"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Think of this take- Ponder is Fraziers guy. Spielman got Freeman and forced him on Frazier and forced him to make him the starter so Frazier gives him what he is asking for and throws him in there unprepared. Now, after seeing Freeman play some fans are already asking for Ponder to be put back in. So crazy it might just work.
    Ha! I see where your conspiracy theory is going. It gets Ponder back in there as starter, but how does that help Frazier? That's like letting a guy on death row choose how he wants to be executed. Do you want to go down in flames with your guy or our guy?

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Forget the fact that playing Freeman so soon was a bad call. Was this team ready to play? NO! Here's a stat, Freeman had 16 overthrown incompletions! So basically the coach, owner, and GM felt that giving up the season in game 6 is acceptable. FIRE THEM ALL! Someone needs to start the Official Give Up The Season For The Draft Thread.

Blog Entries

The OFFICIAL Fire Frazier thread

Worse than that here is another example under the Wilf regime where they brought in a QB and handed him the starting job without him earning it through competition. While Cassel is no franchise guy there is no way either Ponder or Freeman would beat him out in an open competition right now if they had one.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Worse than that here is another example under the Wilf regime where they brought in a QB and handed him the starting job without him earning it through competition. While Cassel is no franchise guy there is no way either Ponder or Freeman would beat him out in an open competition right now if they had one.
    Yup. For the life of me, I can't understand the decision.

We put in AP, he gets shut down. Fine. Why not do what we did vs. the 49ers about 5 years ago with Chester Taylor. They shut AP down. Put in Gerhart more, let him churn out yards.

AP getting shut down is still not an excuse for 13 rushes, and over 50 passes with a guy with only a week of first team experience. I saw some things from Freeman I liked, but the inaccuracy is 100% a product of lack of practice on this team.

If Fraizer insists on starting Freeman next week, fine, but we need to ease him into the game. We play the Packers, AP has owned the packers lately. Lots of run, mixed in with play action, and some confidence boosting plays.

As we saw last night that we never saw with Ponder, there are guys open deep for plays to be made. Just need to get the timing down.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 10-22-2013 at 08:07 AM.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Forget the fact that playing Freeman so soon was a bad call. Was this team ready to play? NO! Here's a stat, Freeman had 16 overthrown incompletions! So basically the coach, owner, and GM felt that giving up the season in game 6 is acceptable. FIRE THEM ALL! Someone needs to start the Official Give Up The Season For The Draft Thread.
    The way the Vikings played last night, I don't think we need to worry about whether or not we will get a good draft position. Mariota, Clowney, and Tajh Boyd will likely all be there when we draft! We will get our choice of a blue-chip draft pick to help rebuild our team properly. Most likely, this will be under a new coaching regime...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast