Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I appreciate the optimism, it sorta takes me back to the 2005 year when Brad Johnson stepped in and went 7-2 as a starter. That was a fun year... but as sad as it is to say it, I'd rather not have a mediocre comeback and finish with the 17th overall pick in the draft.

Also, in regards to your comments that I bolded... I thought the same thing when Childress was fired, instead his assistant became HC.
    So you're saying Musagrave is our next coach.

I hear what you are saying - and the BJ example is a very good analogy. I don't judge anybody who feels that they dont want to sacrifice draft position for a mediocre comeback the nets nothing. I personally don't though... the season is concrete - the draft is not. Getting a better draft pick may or may not improve the team. But getting into the post season definitely gives a chance to win the SB, whereas not getting in definitely does not.

Besides, we got greenway with that #17 pick. Not a bad pick up in the end.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    So you're saying Musagrave is our next coach.

I hear what you are saying - and the BJ example is a very good analogy. I don't judge anybody who feels that they dont want to sacrifice draft position for a mediocre comeback the nets nothing. I personally don't though... the season is concrete - the draft is not. Getting a better draft pick may or may not improve the team. But getting into the post season definitely gives a chance to win the SB, whereas not getting in definitely does not.

Besides, we got greenway with that #17 pick. Not a bad pick up in the end.
    This is true... Greenway's been a staple of our defense for almost a decade now.

I'd love for us to go to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, but it ain't gonna happen. There are too many holes in our roster to overcome... not even taking into account the coaching deficiencies. We're a long way off from being a good football squad.

And although I'm advocating tanking the season for a high draft pick, I'll still be rooting for the Vikes every week and b*tching under my breath when we inevitably lose the lead in the 4 quarter in every. single. game. Sans Panthers.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The OFFICIAL Fire Frazier thread

Time to clean house.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I hear what you are saying - and the BJ example is a very good analogy.
    It generally is.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Paul Simpson is offline Waterboy
    ok it's taken many posts to decide that we all want the coaching staff gone. So maybe we need to work out who could change things round in time for us to give AD another shot at a ring?

I'd like to try Billick see if he'd come back.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Simpson View Post
    ok it's taken many posts to decide that we all want the coaching staff gone. So maybe we need to work out who could change things round in time for us to give AD another shot at a ring?

I'd like to try Billick see if he'd come back.
    Wasn't it Billick that commented on the business card that Musgrave calls a playbook? With that being said I would Fire Frazier for just allowing the OC to walk onto the field with a playbook that small.

Gut the staff from GM on down, except sugar. Peterson gave him huge props in an article I read about his super recovery from a devastating knee injury.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    I'm actually for keeping Spielman. He drafts well, and was probably handcuffed into taking Ponder when we REALLY needed a QB. Everyone else, though? Gone.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    I'm actually for keeping Spielman. He drafts well, and was probably handcuffed into taking Ponder when we REALLY needed a QB. Everyone else, though? Gone.
    Spielman was instrumental in bringing Ponder in here.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Bump

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I mean... how can they NOT fire everyone? The only score we have is a fluky KR.

Even when we were only down by 3, we abandoned the run... Freeman had 16 first half attempts. Why? We have the best RB in the league.

Honestly, I'm tired of b*tching about this team anymore. I'm done with football. Goodell ruined it anyways.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast