Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Problem is, if you hire Marrdro, you'll have Ponder as your starting QB for another 2 years as he still believes Ponder needs the 4-5 year plan.
    With TJack a free agent? No way.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    We also lost Desmond Bishop for the season, torn ACL.

Worst part is, he was only on the field for 29 snaps this season.... 29 SNAPS?!?!?!?!

He lead the team in tackles throughout the preseason, yet we gave the starting job to Marvin Mitchell? REALLY?! Mitchell currently ranks 528th in the league in tackles, which is actually tied with Desmond Bishop, who is on the field a lot less... but I guess Frazier and company don't like putting their best talent on the field.

Frazier is supposed to be a defensive coach. Are you kidding me?

We need to fire Frazier for the betterment of the franchise.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    If Frazier is a defensive coach, then why is his defense on pace to give up more than 500 POINTS this season? As I mentioned, the way things are going, I'm not sure how ANY of the coaching staff survives this season. As my brother says, if we have a cancer on the team, the cancer has to get cut out.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    The HC, OC, and DC are essentially unqualified for the job. Frazier had no previous head coaching experience, Musgrave has been an OC twice before and failed miserably, and Williams has no previous defensive coordinator experience. And they've shown that they're certainly not figuring it out.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vikingo View Post
    I would even hire Ole Marrdro with the speadsheet as playbook better than Frazier.
    Would that be the same Marrdro that said the Vikings would go 13-3 this year, and so far has picked every single game wrong ?

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Something's gotta give. Idk, what firing anyone is going to change, but I don't think Musgrave deserves to stay. Williams probably needs to go after the season, and Frazier too. I just feel like firing the guys won't change anything. I don't see much that we have in house that can come in and turn the ship around.

This season is lost. Hope we get lucky in the draft next off season.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    1) The season isn't lost yet. I know that sounds stupid and blind... but it truly isn't. It would take one of a run, and those runs don't happen without a key change in personnel. Luckily, we have one of those coming up with the addition of Freeman. Granted, he isn't going to help the defense, but it gives us a fighting chance. I'm not saying it it happen. In fact, I really doubt it. But the fact remains that the season isn't over yet.

2) Frazier and Williams definitely need to go. Williams I am OK with despite many people's opinion of him here. But that doesn't matter, when Frazier goes so will all of his assistants. We need to clean house with the coaching staff.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, adding Freeman and his 47% completion percentage is really going to turn things around.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    1) The season isn't lost yet. I know that sounds stupid and blind... but it truly isn't. It would take one of a run, and those runs don't happen without a key change in personnel. Luckily, we have one of those coming up with the addition of Freeman. Granted, he isn't going to help the defense, but it gives us a fighting chance. I'm not saying it it happen. In fact, I really doubt it. But the fact remains that the season isn't over yet.

2) Frazier and Williams definitely need to go. Williams I am OK with despite many people's opinion of him here. But that doesn't matter, when Frazier goes so will all of his assistants. We need to clean house with the coaching staff.
    I appreciate the optimism, it sorta takes me back to the 2005 year when Brad Johnson stepped in and went 7-2 as a starter. That was a fun year... but as sad as it is to say it, I'd rather not have a mediocre comeback and finish with the 17th overall pick in the draft.

Also, in regards to your comments that I bolded... I thought the same thing when Childress was fired, instead his assistant became HC.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 10-14-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yeah, adding Freeman and his 47% completion percentage is really going to turn things around.
    If games were only played on stat sheets, then Cassel would have destroyed the Panthers yesterday with his 73% completion percentage.

Like I said, I doubt it will happen. But stranger things have happened, and Freeman is better than the other two options. He might not be the QB of the future, but he IS the QB of the rest of this year. And until there is no other option, I will keep pulling for a W each week.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast