Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 131
  1. #21
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    629
    Ha, yeah. How bout that game? Almost 900 yards for the game and 56 points at half. Although they allowed 21 in the 4th quarter and that doesn't sit well with me xD. Seen enough 4th quarter quitting with the current regime lol. I'm half kidding.

    If we want offense, how bout Mark Helfrich? Oregon is averaging 59 ppg and over 600 yards of offense. They've gone over 700 twice already this year. I think the Eagles hired the wrong Ducks coach. Looks like Helfrich was the real brains behind that offense the past few years xD.

  2. #22
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    629
    I don't know how this thread fell back to page 2 ... oh that's right it was the bye week xD. Well anyway ... maybe we don't want to fire Frazier. Now hold on, don't kill me yet, try to follow my non logic here ... we fired Tice and ended up with Chiller, then we fired Chiller and ended up with Frazier ... do you see where I'm going? As great as those firings were, things only got worse for us lol.

  3. #23
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I don't know how this thread fell back to page 2 ... oh that's right it was the bye week xD. Well anyway ... maybe we don't want to fire Frazier. Now hold on, don't kill me yet, try to follow my non logic here ... we fired Tice and ended up with Chiller, then we fired Chiller and ended up with Frazier ... do you see where I'm going? As great as those firings were, things only got worse for us lol.
    This is a good point. I could totally see them firing Frazier and replacing him with Alan Williams.

  4. #24
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    This is a good point. I could totally see them firing Frazier and replacing him with Alan Williams.
    OMG no, and I only base that on the fact of how bad the defense is, and also the Vikings assistant coach would probably be the interim and that would be Singletary. Williams, Frazier and Singletary can all go.

  5. #25
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    This is not a coaching issue. It's a personnel issue. A mediocre coach Denny Green led this team to the best season we ever had. Why? He had the personnel! Why are the Broncos dominating the league? It's pretty simple.. they have the best personnel in the league! Despite major injuries / suspensions / setbacks that all teams go through, they have the roster depth and franchise Quarterback to weather the storms. I think Frazier is doing the best with what he has around him. The young DBs are showing promise but they can't stay healthy. He made a move at QB without dragging it out (ZERO RISK MOVE). The only man that could right this sinking ship with the current personnel would be Tony Dungy. With a President type role working over Frazier to handle the personnel. The players want to play for Les. He also has a good mind for defense. But we can't do anything when our starting CBs are rookies or half the defense is on the sidelines. Without Harrison Smith we will completely run out of DBs to replace. Start Blanton and Sanford / Raymond?! Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan couldn't make that defense look good. Cover 2 / 3-4 / 46, it doesn't really fucking matter. No QB + No depth = no Wins. Pretty simple. I'm not denying that we could use a scheme change on offense. We are all sick of the West Coast bullshit. But I wouldn't give up on Leslie Frazier. Remember that the team that used to lead the league in arrests haven't had a single incident in 18 months. Remember that he took a complete nothing QB to the playoffs AGAIN. What could this guy accomplish if we got him a Quarterback? Tony Dungy got fired in Tampa because they only gave him Shaun King and Brad Johnson to work with. We all remember that his Tampa 2 looked pretty damn good! But it wasn't until he landed in Indy with Peyton Manning that he was able to have his legendary success. Just some food for thought. But you are really kidding yourself if you think this mess could be changed with an unfounded coaching change.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  6. #26
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    887
    You are right in seeing the role the GM has played in this mess. You are kidding yourself if you think this team is well coached.
    GM and coaches need to go, and the Wilfs need to hire an experienced nfl consultant to hire the next staff.
    Then there may be a chance to change this organization from loser/joke, to contender/respected.

  7. #27
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    You are right in seeing the role the GM has played in this mess. You are kidding yourself if you think this team is well coached.
    GM and coaches need to go, and the Wilfs need to hire an experienced nfl consultant to hire the next staff.
    Then there may be a chance to change this organization from loser/joke, to contender/respected.
    How do you define well coached? We'll use Brad Childress as somebody that we can all agree was a bad coach. He led us to 12-4, but he still completely lost the locker room and all his players. Especially guys like Percy and our other big name guys. On top of the 12 man in the huddle debacle among other things. Bad coach on and off the field. Our players were constantly arrested and we had zero control. Enter Leslie and the culture of the team seemed to change. Our players seem to listen. They seem to have their head on straight. Look at guys like Everson Griffen! He is unbelievable at maintaining relationships with his players. His guys always want to give him everything they have on sunday. I agree he isn't the strongest from a scheme standpoint, but that isn't everything. Some of the greatest coaches of all-time were great motivators or team builders that had brilliant coordinators to call the plays (which we clearly do not). I would agree that an offensive minded Head coach that could come in and call all of our plays could be effective. Ala the Bears and Marc Trestman. Or a Sean Payton or Mike McCarthy. But I for one have no problem with a players coach. As long as he keeps control of his locker room, which he clearly has! Lot's of players coaches have the tendency to lose their locker rooms and all their control. But the ones that did it well like Dungy had great success. That's the model we are looking for and I have no problem with that! In that regard I think he is actually doing a great job. We weren't ever going to the Super Bowl with Christian Ponder. Not without Hall of Famers like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Terrell Suggs all on our defense at the same time. Let's just get a fucking quarterback and offensive coordinator (GLARING ISSUES) and address the overall record when our coach has the personnel to get the job done?

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  8. #28
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    OMG no, and I only base that on the fact of how bad the defense is, and also the Vikings assistant coach would probably be the interim and that would be Singletary. Williams, Frazier and Singletary can all go.
    Oh man, I could totally see that happening too, lol. The only coach worse than Williams.

  9. #29
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    How do you define well coached? We'll use Brad Childress as somebody that we can all agree was a bad coach. He led us to 12-4, but he still completely lost the locker room and all his players. Especially guys like Percy and our other big name guys. On top of the 12 man in the huddle debacle among other things. Bad coach on and off the field. Our players were constantly arrested and we had zero control. Enter Leslie and the culture of the team seemed to change. Our players seem to listen. They seem to have their head on straight. Look at guys like Everson Griffen! He is unbelievable at maintaining relationships with his players. His guys always want to give him everything they have on sunday. I agree he isn't the strongest from a scheme standpoint, but that isn't everything. Some of the greatest coaches of all-time were great motivators or team builders that had brilliant coordinators to call the plays (which we clearly do not). I would agree that an offensive minded Head coach that could come in and call all of our plays could be effective. Ala the Bears and Marc Trestman. Or a Sean Payton or Mike McCarthy. But I for one have no problem with a players coach. As long as he keeps control of his locker room, which he clearly has! Lot's of players coaches have the tendency to lose their locker rooms and all their control. But the ones that did it well like Dungy had great success. That's the model we are looking for and I have no problem with that! In that regard I think he is actually doing a great job. We weren't ever going to the Super Bowl with Christian Ponder. Not without Hall of Famers like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Terrell Suggs all on our defense at the same time. Let's just get a fucking quarterback and offensive coordinator (GLARING ISSUES) and address the overall record when our coach has the personnel to get the job done?
    I define well coached as a team that wins, but you are missing my point. I agree with you, the GM who provides the coaches with personnel has failed at his job. However, if you think keeping players happy and out of jail trumps winning, then Frazier is doing ok; other than the fact Percy bolted on Frazier, not Childress.
    The Vikings have players of good character, which I like, but I like players that can win a hell of a lot better.
    A loser is a loser whether he has control of his locker room or not, he will be fired. Tice was a players coach. What did it get him ?

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vikingo View Post
    I would even hire Ole Marrdro with the speadsheet as playbook better than Frazier.
    Problem is, if you hire Marrdro, you'll have Ponder as your starting QB for another 2 years as he still believes Ponder needs the 4-5 year plan. You'll also still have the same defensive scheme & players as his belief is that all we need is a stud warpig to get pressure & our DB problems go away.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •